Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

12 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Again, our religion doesn't need any President to "bow down" to our whims.  I think asking for help in declaring a ceasefire to stop more Palestinians getting killed by the thousands is not too much to ask, and is certainly not anything unreasonable.

To be clear you saying Biden gets zero credit for going over there and doing what he could go make sure aid got into Gaza in the first place, especially Eygpt threw up their hands closing the border and UN was running out of options to change their minds?

I'm fine this moving to the Hamas Israel War thread, but damn, we have to keep in mind the need to keep Israel's ear otherwise they won't listen to anyone.  It's a **** situation, but it's true.  On one hand Biden is giving more public support to Israel then are many are comfortable with, but it's allowed him to get them in closed and room and chew them out in things.

We can condemn Israel, but we can't control them.  It's why I've back out that thread, what do we do if they won't even listen to us?  Is this the cost of trying to be involved in the first place?

Edited by Renegade7

5 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Religion plays no part in my life, so it's hard for me sometimes to understand, I guess. 

This is fair.

It was high school I had to accept that being mixed even if part of me wanted race not to matter it would always matter to someone else...so I needed to stay aware of that for my own safety.

Even as a Christian, it's beyond my understanding sometimes how differently some practice their faith amd importantly why despite best efforts...but not how it could potentially impact me regardless how I feel about it.

Ah, the stable genius is dazzling us with his knowledge once again:

Trump Complains Corporations Are Leaving Nation, Points to Exxon Going to … Dallas

Former President Donald Trump griped that major corporations are relocating outside of the U.S. while speaking at the New York Young Republican Club gala.

"Business are fleeing our country," Trump said at the event Saturday evening. "It's business-unfriendly and they're going to other places."

But the former president selected an odd example to demonstrate the phenomenon: Exxon Mobil's move from New York to ... Dallas, Texas. (The company relocated its headquarters this year from Dallas to outside Houston.)

Trump also appeared to blame New York Attorney General Letitia James for Exxon's departure, despite the fact that the company announced it was relocating its company headquarters to the Lone Star State back in 1989 — 30 years before James became New York attorney general.

"Great job, Letitia," the former president mocked, going on to reference James' prosecution of a case against Exxon Mobil in 2019, her first year in office.

Click on the link for the full article 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, samy316 said:

I'm Muslim, and you're comment is exactly what will lead people of the Muslim community to throw their hands up and not vote in 2024.  Instead of talking down to the Muslim community about how "stupid" they are for not voting for Biden, why don't you come up with reasons why they should (especially after seeing so many Palestinians killed - especially children).  For the record, I will probably vote for Biden, but he's done absolutely NOTHING to convince the Muslim population in the U.S to vote for him, and I quite frankly don't blame Muslims if they feel differently.  They're not going to vote for Trump, but they will probably sit out this election.  Your arrogant, foolish comments don't necessarily help that community "see the light".  It's also precisly the kind of comment I expect from "limousine, latte sipping" liberals that expect the minorities to bow down to their point of view, just because they happen to be less evil than the incompetent, psychotic Republican party.

I could say a LOT more about you, and your kind, but I don't want to get banned, so I'll just end it here.

Hmmmmm. Reasons American Muslims should vote for Bidem. 

Maybe because of how Biden (vs Trump) treats Muslim Americans?  As opposed to treating people in Palestine?  The fact that he hasn't made the establishment of a "Christian" theocracy the hallmark of his campaign?  And that's before we look at how much better he is, for just plain old Americans?  

-----

And if you want to open your post by accusing somebody of painting a negative image of a group, you might want to save your venting about "his kind" for a different post. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

45 minutes ago, Larry said:

Stop sending them taxpayer dollars?  

I'd say be consistent and do the same with Saudi Arabia and Egypt...I'm at the point of saying thats better then trying to seem impartial while trying to keep oil flowing in our best interests. 

The second the Saudis dropped oil production right before our midterms in 2022 they stopped being worth it to me, imo. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Biden's fundraisers bring protests, a few celebrities and anxiety over 2024 https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bidens-fundraisers-protests-celebrities-anxiety-2024-election/

After President Biden was presented with a shiny gold membership card from the Carpenters' union in Las Vegas in recognition of his pro-union bona fides, he darted off to Los Angeles last Friday to continue an eight-day fundraising swing — one that featured growing protests, the star power of a few celebrities and warnings about the future of democracy if former President Donald Trump is elected next year.

Since the start of the war between Israel and Hamas, protesters have become a fixture at nearly every stop for the president across the country. They gather and call for a ceasefire in Gaza as Israel continues its forceful military response to the Oct. 7 attack by the militant group Hamas, which resulted in the deaths of about 1,200 Israelis, and the kidnapping of hundreds.

11 hours ago, samy316 said:

Instead of talking down to the Muslim community about how "stupid" they are for not voting for Biden, why don't you come up with reasons why they should (especially after seeing so many Palestinians killed - especially children).  For the record, I will probably vote for Biden, but he's done absolutely NOTHING to convince the Muslim population in the U.S to vote for him, and I quite frankly don't blame Muslims if they feel differently.  They're not going to vote for Trump, but they will probably sit out this election.  Your arrogant, foolish comments don't necessarily help that community "see the light".  It's also precisly the kind of comment I expect from "limousine, latte sipping" liberals that expect the minorities to bow down to their point of view, just because they happen to be less evil than the incompetent, psychotic Republican party.

Demanding someone speak to your personal religious beliefs to run the country is dumb. It’s equally dumb when Christians do it. 

Ceding control of the country to a group that hates you for who you are, blames you for terrorism because of your religion, and generally would choose to kick you out of the country is given the opportunity, all because you take issue with one foreign policy stance on an incredibly complicated situation that’s been a thorn in the countries foreign policy stance for 60 years … is incredibly stupid. 

It’s not talking down to you - it’s speaking the truth. You have every right to sit out the election, and we have every right to judge you for it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

I try to remember what I read awhile ago about voting.

Voting isn't marriage, it's public transport. You're not waiting for the one person who's absolutely perfect. You're getting the bus, and if that bus isn't going to your destination, you don't just stay home. You find the one that is going closest to where you went to go. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

@samy316

What people may be upset about is that American Muslims just like everyone else has to wrestle for the imperfect choice under the two party system.  Everyone is facing this issue, with this election.  

Right now, the campaign is still early.  But there's no denial to say that hindering/not supporting Biden will be helping Trump.  The closer we get to election, the more this is true. 

Does the Biden administration moving to sanction Israeli settlers move the needle at all (not even sure if this has been talked about)?  I also agree another ceasefire should have been a no brainer (and probably Israel doesn't follow). 

Recarding the horrible choices. .I don't know why this isn't pushing the issue of POPULAR VOTE.  Right now, under the electoral college the best a third party could do is spoil and prevent 270.  This throws the election to the House. While I also think 3rd party Presidential runs are foolish (vice actually making a practical third party and sending folks to Congress).... there is massivd frustration with both parties.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

I cannot speak for American Jews,  American Muslims, or really any racial minority, but I still don't see how a vote for MAGA gets any of them closer to their preferred destination.  

I can speak for American Jews. The GOP doesn't get it, and MAGA doesn't get it. They think American Jews identify as Israeli. We Don't. They think we are stupid and don't see that they think it's ok to minimize American Jews because they say "I stand with Israel". 

Now, with the University Presidents thing, they see an opening thinking that American Jews can't see what they are doing by taking advantage of the people out there who march for Palestinians thinking "Queers for Palestine" or whatever, is going to push American Jews who have voted for Democrats, will change their minds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fascists don't like Jewish people no matter where they are. Since the MAGAts are largely white supremists, they are part of the conspiracy against Jewish people and don't really care about violence against them. 

Where I stand against wars is that war is taking that which doesn't belong to you by violence.  And from what I've seen in my years on the planet is mostly violence promulgated by the Abrahamic religions, yes, those three. 

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Thumb up 1

A tangential comment (and indulging an occasional vent) 👹😞

If we survive long enough, we may get to the point where everyone understands they can have meaning in their lives, and all the ethics, morality, charity, compassion, and many other "positives" that the religions of the bible try to tie to their faiths as the only "right" source for such a lifestyle, without relying on those constructs.

People can simply choose to live so, to the best of their ability, and even actually work hard at it as a lifelong mission without the voluminous variety of voodoo as a must have. 

It's obviously been proven we can do it as hundreds of millions of people across the globe, over millennia, already do and have done.

Without all the hypocrisy, wilful and chosen ignorance, and multiple forms of brain-twisting nonsense and the myriad interpretations of all the fairy tales, and oppression--even hatred--of "others" based on things like gender, sexuality, "competing" faiths etc.

Right now the big three are probably still necessary because the species is populated with such problematic meatsacks who would be even more problematic without them.

Sigh.

Of course I could be wrong  🤖

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I think at least part of their plan is knowing it's not unlikely that Trump just ****ing drops dead before the election and they want to be the second choice.

Play to win the game. 

DeSantis is in over his head, but he's not in it jus for showing how much he loves Trump or simply attention like some of these other bammas.

Haley trying to win, too, but she seems more setup for the long game then anyone else.  Like, she's probably the only one running right now that will be again in 2028 the way she's appearing to carry herself.  Emphasize "appear"...perception is reality...

• Thumb up 1