Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Demento Farty 45

88Comrade2000

@SkinsHokieFan

Would they be open to changing mind if Biden does something to reach out and "turns" on Netanyahu/Israel?

My political reading is that in some time period (May/June) timeframe, Biden could move to a "more moderate" position.  And I wonder how that would impact these voters. 

8 hours ago, tshile said:

Aw but I really want to see Texas turn blue

just for one election cycle 

the Fox News outrage will be must watch if it happens 

Oh man, I would love to see the Republicans' opinion on the EC change if they lose Texas even once.

• Thumb up 2

9 hours ago, tshile said:

Aw but I really want to see Texas turn blue

just for one election cycle 

the Fox News outrage will be must watch if it happens 

16 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

Oh man, I would love to see the Republicans' opinion on the EC change if they lose Texas even once.

Can you imagine all the outrage over rigged elections and deep state conspiracies?  It would be glorious.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Lara Trump says she’d spend ‘every single penny’ of RNC funds to elect father-in-law

Lara Trump doubled down on her support for her father-in-law, former President Trump, vowing Tuesday to spend “every single penny” of Republican National Committee (RNC) funds to reelect him to the White House. 

Asked by Newsmax host Rob Schmitt what needs to change to make the RNC more competitive, Lara Trump said Tuesday: “The RNC needs to be the leanest, most lethal political fighting machine we’ve ever seen in American history.” 

“That is the goal over the next nine-and-a-half months. If I am elected to this position, I can assure you, there will not be any more $70,000 — or whatever exorbitant amount of money it was — spent on flowers,” she continued. “Every single penny will go to the No. 1 and the only job of the RNC — that is elected Donald J. Trump as president of the United States and saving this country.” 

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, China said:

Lara Trump says she’d spend ‘every single penny’ of RNC funds to elect father-in-law

Lara Trump doubled down on her support for her father-in-law, former President Trump, vowing Tuesday to spend “every single penny” of Republican National Committee (RNC) funds to reelect him to the White House. 

Asked by Newsmax host Rob Schmitt what needs to change to make the RNC more competitive, Lara Trump said Tuesday: “The RNC needs to be the leanest, most lethal political fighting machine we’ve ever seen in American history.” 

“That is the goal over the next nine-and-a-half months. If I am elected to this position, I can assure you, there will not be any more $70,000 — or whatever exorbitant amount of money it was — spent on flowers,” she continued. “Every single penny will go to the No. 1 and the only job of the RNC — that is elected Donald J. Trump as president of the United States and saving this country.” 

Click on the link for the full article

Always Remember

Lara Trump-linked dog rescue charity spent $2m on Trump properties

A dog rescue charity that has links to Lara Trump, the former president’s daughter-in-law, has spent almost $2m at Trump properties in the last seven years, according to US media reports.

While other companies and groups have distanced themselves from the Trumps since the 6 January attack on the capital, the Florida-based Big Dog Ranch Rescue is expected to spend another $225,000 at Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago country club for an event this weekend, according to a permit filed with the town of Palm Beach, which was reported by HuffPost.

The former president has been living in the club full time since leaving the White House in January following his election defeat.

HuffPost reported that Internal Revenue Service (IRS) filings show that the charity has spent as much as $1,883,160 on fundraising costs for events at Mar-a-Lago and a nearby Trump golf course since 2014. Lara Trump, who is married to Eric Trump, has been a chairwoman for charity events since 2018.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/mar/13/lara-trump-linked-dog-rescue-charity-spent-2m-properties

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

Having lots of fun discussions with other Muslims about their vote. I use fun loosely.

My anecdotal poll here in Austin is about 90 percent of the politically aware/high voting Muslims I do know, at this point, will NOT vote for Biden. They won’t vote Trump but they won’t vote Biden either 

This actually worries me quite a bit because of the heavy Muslim population in Michigan.  This could eventually be the swing state that throws the election over to El Gordo Naranjo.

Trump will lose the popular vote again by at least 6 million, but the electoral map is another story. 50k votes between a few states could mean the end of our democracy.

• Thumb up 1

Just to point out - really easy to make claims about who and why you will or won’t vote, in February. 

In November, when you have to actually decide, and there’s finality to that decision, things get real and it’s a little harder to carelessly proclaim what you will do. 

it’s hard for me to fathom the Middle East policy stuff being a reason to allow the guy that wants to kick you out to win, but voters make weird decisions like that so…

But also - when you’re in a state where you don’t feel it matters… like Texas, which no one seems to think is in play… you also have the luxury of proclaiming your morals preclude you from voting for one of the two major candidates (sitting out, or not voting) because ultimately it probably doesn’t matter. So, you get to take that moral stand with no consequence. 

Michigan… where you may have to come to grips with what that means… puts you in a different spot. 

not to mention the dead horse we continue to beat - bidens campaign has yet to really begin..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think what you are worried about regarding Middle East policy isn’t a change of a vote, but a lack of one due to ac lack of enthusiasm. And in these super close races all it might take is a few 100 people putting voting a little lower on their list of priorities to make it a problem for Biden.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Right -  but that’s not an issue in Texas. 

a muslim in Texas has the luxury of taking such a stand and knowing even if they voted for Biden, Trump carries the state. 

In Michigan you have to come to come to grips with the fact that your community taking that stand, may cause Trump to win when Biden would have otherwise won. 

so on those battleground states pleaseblitz listed (assuming you agree with the concept that those are the states that matters) that situation actually matters. And they have to deal with that, and as a campaign you have to figure out how to deal with it. 

but Texas?

seems the consensus is it doesn’t matter (I thought Texas may be in play but no one else seems to think so)

Edited by tshile

A lot of people don’t pay attention. I don’t think half the people voting for Trump are making a policy based choice. I think it’s either to say FU to the establishment and/or his appeal to bias. I imagine that appeals to a larger amount of teenagers than we’d hope. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

19 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

A lot of people don’t pay attention. I don’t think half the people voting for Trump are making a policy based choice. I think it’s either to say FU to the establishment and/or his appeal to bias. I imagine that appeals to a larger amount of teenagers than we’d hope. 

Wouldn’t a teenager view Trump AS the establishment as he’s been the head of the Republican Party for about half their lives?

As far as Muslims in Michigan go, I could see a sizable portion voting for Biden while denying it to those who ask to avoid uncomfortable conversations. Similar to a sizable number of Trump voters - especially in 2020.

7 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Wouldn’t a teenager view Trump AS the establishment as he’s been the head of the Republican Party for about half their lives?

As far as Muslims in Michigan go, I could see a sizable portion voting for Biden while denying it to those who ask to avoid uncomfortable conversations. Similar to a sizable number of Trump voters - especially in 2020.

Your being way to logical. But Biden definitely is the establishment.

2 hours ago, TheMalcolmConnection said:

What I don't get is why would anyone suddenly change their mind TO vote for Trump

Voters have short memories. Voters can be fickle. Seems many voters are easy to manipulate. Some of the more progressive things are not nearly as popular as the people on the left think. 

combine that with the “witch hunt” narrative, global conflicts (2 major ones right now), turns on the economy…

I too don’t “get it”, but that’s the gist of it. 

for me - I decided his behavior was unacceptable and policy didn’t matter, the first time around. The second, I decided the 1/6 stuff was unacceptable and nothing else mattered. 

but I can vote for someone I don’t agree with, if I think they’re the significantly smarter/more mature/better leader. I don’t know that many people are like that …

Seems to me many/most are very tied up in their political identity, and are very inflexible in how they vote (and many are single issue voters…)

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, tshile said:

but I can vote for someone I don’t agree with, if I think they’re the significantly smarter/more mature/better leader. I don’t know that many people are like that …

I'll say that for a while, there, I could see myself voting for John McCain.  

Mostly, because people kept telling me he was a "maverick".  

And, I admit.  I had this mental image of him.  In my fantasy, he came into office with all of the political capital of a newly-elected President.  But with the inner decision that because of his age, he wasn't going to run for a second term.  And therefore, he had the power to use that capital, on fixing things.  On touching political "third rails" that others were scared of.  (Because others were thinking about re-election.)  I imagined that his first "100 days" mandate, would have been to make Social Security solvent by raising the retirement age.  

But then, Palin.  And I thought that Obama sounded a whole lot like JFK.  

• Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

GOP humor is lost on me. I think they peaked at Foxworthy. 

I remember some good Dennis Miller. 

The animal rights people decided that it was cool to throw blood on people wearing fur, but not leather, because it's a lot safer to publicly assault rich women than motorcycle gangs. 

• Haha 3