Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders @ The Eagles ~ Die Eagles Die!!!

zCommander

A little history: The two teams have met each other 175 times (including 1 postseason game), with the Philadelphia Eagles winning 82 games and the Washington Commanders winning 88 games. They have also tied 5 times.

It will be a tough game to win but I have more faith in our D to keep this one close. As long as we get the good version of Taylor we can pull out a win and beat an undefeated team like we did against the Steelers years ago. Monday Night Miracle? :)

Commanders: 23

Eagles: 20

:cheers:

I know a lot of people are expecting another Monday Night Massacre type game, but I don't think it will be anything that bad. I do think however, that it will be a game that is one of those "never in doubt" type games, where the Eagles probably go up 10-0, or 14-0, and the entire rest of the game the Commanders will get some kind of score that gives us some kind of small hope they are making it a game, but the Eagles always answerback with points of their own. 

27-17 Eagles.

This offense is horrible.  Just abhorrent.  It's everything, not just TH.  OL is a joke.  Scott Turner is just a bad, bad OC.  He may be able to sit at a desk and draw up some good plays on occasion, but make no mistake: scheming up plays and being a great playcaller are two vastly different disciplines.  Scotts OK at the former and just a hair above an amateur at the latter.

We don't get the help of a ref knocking down and Eagle defender so we can get a gift TD this week.  I see a few TH picks this week out of desperation throws.

Defense comes to play this week.

Offense still figuring out how to.

Eagles 30

Redskins 13

• Like 2

Head: Eagles 27, Commanders 13

The Eagles are undefeated for a reason and this Heineke-led Commanders offense will struggle vs a deep and talented Eagles defense. I also predict that this game will not even feel this close as the Commanders score a late TD in garbage time. The 5 Commanders fans left in the stadium chant "Sell the Team!".

Gut: Eagles 23, Commanders 20

The two teams have already played each other and both coaching staffs have more to go on in terms of scheming their opponent. I think that Turner and Del Rio bring their A- games on offense and defense, respectively and make this a competitive game throughout. Trouble is, the Eagles are good enough to withstand Washington's best punch and still come out on top.

Liver: Commanders 24, Eagles 20

Huzzah! The Commanders finally get that elusive signature win on the year, just came a week late! The 5 Commanders fans left in the stadium still chant "Sell the Team!".

I'll go with my...LIVER this week! Cheers!!!...and sell the team!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1