Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, jjpomeroy said:

First, and foremost- I greatly appreciate the investment of time that @Skinsinparadise puts into following the team.  I might not agree with 100.0% of his takes, but it’s well North of 97.0%.

Your summary of the Gutman interview is spot on  and you could tell that he was somewhat constrained due to the sensitivity and NDAs in place.  

On the valuation of $6.0B bid, I think Gutman put it best with the following analogy using Taylor Heinicke’s new contract as an example.  When first announced - it was $20M for 2 years and since then - it has boiled down $6.3M for 1 year.  Both are right.

After listening to this interview twice, and about to listen a third time - I am 100.0% behind the possibility of the Harris Group bid winning and excited about the potential from Mitch Rales’ involvement.  This will be more than a pure investment and “trophy” - there will be true passion AND business competency.  The best antidote to 24 years of Danny.

For those who want to listen - here’s the link to the Gutman interview on Sheehan’s show this morning.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-kevin-sheehan-show/id1477400167?i=1000606593809

Ditto on @Skinsinparadise!

Count me all in on Harris/Rales as my preferred ownership group!

Particularly Rales-- from a distance he seems to be the definition of a mensch.

Any endeavor he's involved in he puts the needs of those he services first (at least to the extent that any entrepreneur looking to make a profit could be expected to do).

I don't think he gets involved in anything less than a well run, forward thinking, first class, highly ETHICAL operation. 

Boy what a change of pace that would be!

He's honestly the best type of co-owner that we could possibly hope for.

I just hope Danny boy doesn't **** it all up.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

11 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

If he wasn't already funding a facility in Philly that will be over a billion dollars I wouldn't be so pessimistic. I'm sure they have good intentions, but their vision might be unrealistic for the challenge in front of them.

At the end of the day I'll take whatever they offer instead of Dan so I'll fall in line if they're granted the team.

Harris isn't going solo.   I think its a good sign though that he's shooting for downtown in Philly.    Rales who went to games at RFK as a kid, built an impressive museum at the DMV and owns prime real estate-business in DC and is supposedly both connected in the District and motivated to do in part for the stadium according to what some suggest -- I think we are likely in good hands.

I am more jazzed about Bezos specifically for the stadium because I suspect he'd throw a ton of money at it -- but one pause about him on that front is they still need Congress to relinquish the land.  Will they do that for one of the more polarizing business leaders in the country -- politically?  Maybe so.  but I wonder if its slam dunk. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

2 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Option #1, and I don't even have to think about it.

I care much more if the team is run well, and returns to the glory years than where they play. Or what they are even called (because that might change too). I want us to be dominant, and get a respected organization. We could play in a sandlot for all I care, if we are going to SB's and winning them.

I understand this point and I kinda lean that way, but Bezos would be an unknown.  He could do the same thing but in a better work environment if you look at overall fan experience that can help in winning games.  Not always (Dallas Cowboys) !!!!

38 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

So far this is playing out like was predicted when the process started where you let others set the price before letting Bezos swoop in with the winning offer. 

Like you said, remains to be seen if he'll do it or not. We shall see :)

If he hadn’t hired Allen and Company or didn’t sign an NDA with Dan through BofA  there would be more doubt.

It’s not done until it’s done but you are 100% correct that it’s going exactly how it would go if he were to buy it. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

If he hadn’t hired Allen and Company or didn’t sign an NDA with Dan through BofA  there would be more doubt.

It’s not done until it’s done but you are 100% correct that it’s going exactly how it would go if he were to buy it. 

Live look in at SoCal:

salute-jerk.gif

• Haha 14

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I agree, the Bezos end much more quiet because they know his relationship with Snyder is fragile so they don't want anything coming out to rock the boat. 

They won't let lawyer buddies go on the Kevin Sheehan show for a morning chat session. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I'm team JB, he will put competent people in place to get the stadium done. Sorry, but that other group will struggle to big time to get anything done on that front. It's pretty obvious imo.

It is? The narrative on Rales is that he’d specifically be extremely helpful in getting the stadium. Together, they’d be a top-5 ownership group in terms of net worth…so once you get past the hurdle of 30% cash down to get the franchise from Harris, what’s the problem? With stadium stuff, Rales and his money comes into play, financing comes into play, etc. 

There’s really no reason to think that a Harris/Rales group would struggle to make a stadium happen.

If anything, and staying away from Tailgate stuff, I could argue that Bezos is so controversial in DC that he may have a HARDER time getting approval since it’s not just local politicians you’re dealing with. Harris/Rales don’t make headlines, they may fly under the radar getting what they want/need through their less incendiary relationships.

There is a downside to Bezos’ wealth and notoriety that some seem to not be acknowledging. It’s not just about throwing piles of money around.

If people want to just argue that Bezos would build a nicer/more spaceship-esque stadium then that’s fine with me. I agree with @Skinsinparadise personally, in that there’s plenty of reasonable arguments against the idea that he’d throw ungodly money around for fun. But I’d still accept it as a reasonable argument for Bezos and against Harris/Rales, if that’s the angle.

The rest of it? I don’t see the argument. No reason to think that with their combined resources, reputations, and relationships that Harris/Rales would have an issue building a stadium. Yes, even getting back into the RFK location. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I think if Bezos has genuine intent then the Harris group would know that. No chance that remains a secret to those deep in the process. It may not become public, but no chance Bezos can be secretly waiting in the wings to do a job over Harris. Just don’t see it.

If it happens, so be it as I’m fine with either outcome at this stage. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, dckey said:

I understand this point and I kinda lean that way, but Bezos would be an unknown.  He could do the same thing but in a better work environment if you look at overall fan experience that can help in winning games.  Not always (Dallas Cowboys) !!!!

Jeff Bezos and "better work environment"? Tell that one to his current employees. ;)

Stadium is kinda meaningless if you don't have the product and framework for the product first. I doubt Jeff can come close to matching Harris/Rales in that dept.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

I think if Bezos has genuine intent then the Harris group would know that. No chance that remains a secret to those deep in the process. It may not become public, but no chance Bezos can be secretly waiting in the wings to do a job over Harris. Just don’t see it.

There's a reason he hired that group in NY to handle the transaction, he probably set parameters that he wants to ensure are met but he is definitely interested. 

• Thumb up 1

Just now, spjunkies said:

There's a reason he hired that group in NY to handle the transaction, he probably set parameters that he wants to ensure are met but he is definitely interested. 

That may be case. It’s still 50/50 for me in terms of real intent.

A year back, Harris got done at the final post. All the hard yards, then taken out right at the end. I’m not convinced he wants that’s sort of outcome again.

If anyone is deep in this game, and they think Bezos is a genuine player, why would you even bother. Not sure I would. You are wasting time, money and effort.

48 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am ok with Bezos, prefer Harris.  but how is it obvious that they can't get the stadium done?

I used to be in the Bezos camp because he can spend a lot on this team without worrying much.

He's got enough money to finance everything all by himself, thought that's no garantee he will ever do it.

Still, reading your many posts and other articles about Rales and Harris as me more than fine with both and would even say that they do have an edge, for me at least, over Bezos.

So congrats! You converted me to it, even if I'm not gonna complain if it's Bezos :P

46 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

They're apparently struggling to get the pennies together to buy the team. I have little faith in them funding a stadium. 

I'm not reading those bids as "struggling" more like smart businessesmen that don't want to overpay for something. Bezos is no different, even if he can bid at 10 billions, there's no chance he will do it. If he wants to outbid everyone, he'll do it just enough to secure his bid.

To make it short, if Bezos values the team at 5 Billion, why should he bid at 7 just to win?

As usual, buyers wants to buy at the lowest price possible, and seller wants to sell at the highest prices. Sellers are often overestimating what they are selling, except when they want to sell it quick and undersell it willingly to get rid of it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

That may be case. It’s still 50/50 for me in terms of real intent.

A year back, Harris got done at the final post. All the hard yards, then taken out right at the end. I’m not convinced he wants that’s sort of outcome again.

If anyone is deep in this game, and they think Bezos is a genuine player, why would you even bother. Not sure I would. You are wasting time, money and effort.

He's in it because these opportunities don't come up often, **** people are saying that Bezos may wait on Seattle, but that wait could be 1 week or 10 years. 

You never know what can happen with these kind of situations, I honestly think the reality on what's happening is much deeper than any of us truly understand. 

Just now, profusion said:

I'm following this thread, but I see so much misdirection and puffery coming out from the key players that I'm not buying any of it until we get official news.

The most obvious outcome has been known from day 1. That hasn’t changed. The guy with the most resources buys an asset that is up for sale. Everything else is clicks and airtime filler. 

• Like 2

I feel like the Bezos or bust folks simply have Snyder PTSD.

Snyder used this team to pay for his luxurious lifestyle for decades, because everything he touched turned to 💩.  He has no other income streams, which should be damn near impossible for the majority owner of an NFL franchise.  But we got the one dude with the reverse Midas touch.  Even beyond his cash flow issues, he’s become so incredibly toxic to the general public that nobody wants to do business with him.

The law of averages in conjunction with karma will never allow for us to experience anything remotely close to this with a new owner.  Quit sweating the bankrolls of the prospective owners and embrace what is soon to come.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

The private equity world know who is bidding and who is sniffing around. Even Bezos would not do a deal of this size just out of his own funds, he may be worth $120B on paper but he wont have $6B just sat around in checking accounts, PE would be involved in putting the finance together and some word of that would be known.

As of this week at least I was told by a good sized PE firm that Harris is ahead and that Bezos is not involved in putting a bid together. Does not mean that Harris is 100% guaranteed to be the new owner or that Bezos wont come in with a late bid - but the clock is ticking.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

The most obvious outcome has been known from day 1. That hasn’t changed. The guy with the most resources buys an asset that is up for sale. Everything else is clicks and airtime filler. 

You may be right. I’ve kind of switched over to Harris and his group, but Bezos is without doubt a great outcome it that were to be the case.

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

The private equity world know who is bidding and who is sniffing around. Even Bezos would not do a deal of this size just out of his own funds, he may be worth $120B on paper but he wont have $6B just sat around in checking accounts, PE would be involved in putting the finance together and some word of that would be known.

Agreed. I made a point on his cash position yesterday and convert some of his Amazon equity basically increases the ‘real’ cost to him as he’s selling very low right now. So he isn’t converting 6B of shares into cash and saying, there you go Dan.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Conn said:

It is? The narrative on Rales is that he’d specifically be extremely helpful in getting the stadium. Together, they’d be a top-5 ownership group in terms of net worth…so once you get past the hurdle of 30% cash down to get the franchise from Harris, what’s the problem? With stadium stuff, Rales and his money comes into play, financing comes into play, etc. 

Agree.  And the two issues with money for really all these guys maybe even Bezos

A.  How much are you willing to overbid for the product.  Heck in our more layman terms we can overbid for something on ebay, and lets say we are willing to go $100 over the bid yet, think $150 over the bid is a bridge too far -- even though we can afford it.  That's what most suspect is the impasse for the moment according to some -- and the delay is who blinks first the seller or the buyer.  

This point might apply even for Bezos.   Some of the Bezos or bust people think he will overpay whatever he needs to buy this team.  But some who are covering this don't think its Bezos style to overpay by a a lot.  I got no idea but I've heard enough about Bezos to believe its not a slam dunk that he'd glady overpay for this team.

B.  Getting the cash takes time -- liquidity.  Depends on how the assets are set up.  Typically billionaries aren't holding billions lying in a money market account -- probably not even Bezos. 

If anything, and staying away from Tailgate stuff, I could argue that Bezos is so controversial in DC that he may have a HARDER time getting approval since it’s not just local politicians you’re dealing with. Harris/Rales don’t make headlines, they may fly under the radar getting what they want/need through their less incendiary relationships.

There is a downside to Bezos’ wealth and notoriety that some seem to not be acknowledging. 

Big time so.  All people need to do is google Bezos and Congress and see what pops up.

If people want to just argue that Bezos would build a nicer/more spaceship-esque stadium then that’s fine with me. I agree with @Skinsinparadise personally, in that there’s plenty of reasonable arguments against the idea that he’d throw ungodly money around for fun.

I don't see this as a given.  but it would fit Bezos' ego in a good way for him to want to go to town on a stadium.  for that reason and his wealth are the reasons he's the 2nd runner up for me after Harris.  Otherwise he brings some red flags that i don't love which I already talked about enough.

The rest of it? I don’t see the argument. No reason to think that with their combined resources, reputations, and relationships that Harris/Rales would have an issue building a stadium. Yes, even getting back into the RFK location. 

Agree.  And what gets me jazzed is that is both dudes grew up with this team and understand what happened to cause its demise.  I get some say being a fan is a negative see Dan -- but I never saw Dan being a fan as a negative, what is negative is he is incompetent and a douche.  I like to hear about Rales' passion for the team, going to RFK, already building a state of the art museum in the DMV, owning a major business headquartered in the City and known for competence and class.  Feels like a complete 180 from Dan.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

As of this week at least I was told by a good sized PE firm that Harris is ahead and that Bezos is not involved in putting a bid together.

The part of this that doesn't make sense is the non disclosure agreement and the firm bezos hired that handled the last two sales.

Why would he do that if he had no interest at all?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

You may be right. I’ve kind of switched over to Harris and his group, but Bezos is without doubt a great outcome it that were to be the case.

He may or may not be the best outcome. That can be debated. He would not waste his time if he was not interested. The moment he hired Allen and Company and signed the NDA with BofA this was over. 

Surprisingly, the fact that Dan is petty, vengeful and often irrational little man has been a huge benefit for him. The other bidders might genuinely believe Dan won’t sell to a Bezos. So there are multiple bids. 

Similarly, his pettiness and vengefulness netted him 40% of the team for under a billion less than 2 years ago from Fred Smith and Schar. That’s a $1.5 billion profit in 2 years at a $6B sale price.

Edited by SoCalSkins