Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Fair points.  Actually forgot about those things...sad that there's too much to keep track of.

Wait...what...does that mean I can retract my retraction, go back and unedit my edit, and lay into Tanya hard and furious like a sailor with a TJ hooker on 24 hour shore leave?

j/k

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

They Should build a floating stadium in the Potomac between National harbor and Alexandria. It's a win/win for everyone. 

Maybe when the Feds take Dan's boat from him they can scrap it and use some of the materials to help build the stadium.

One can only dream.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

PHOENIX — As league and team representatives filtered into the NFL’s annual meeting, a sense that Washington Commanders owner Dan Snyder is inching closer to finalizing a deal to sell the franchise followed. 

There was the expectation Snyder would sell among those interviewed at the last owners meeting outside Dallas in December, but two team executives told Front Office Sports that there is now a belief that it will occur soon. 

Another source told FOS that there are indications that the sales talks are “at a critical juncture.”

...As the name indicates, what occurs during privileged sessions doesn’t typically become public. According to ProFootballTalk, NFL general counsel Jeff Pash urged owners to exercise restraint when it came to commenting about Snyder in the aftermath of Colts Owner Jim Irsay telling reporters at October’s owners’ meeting that there was “merit” to removing Snyder. 

The air of secrecy goes beyond what will go down behind closed doors here. 

The serious contenders for the Commanders are bound by confidentiality agreements — and they’ve been sticking to them. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

"...talks appear at a critical juncture..."

This on again off again good new bad news roller coaster is beginning to remind me of my stay in Federal prison.

The first time I was in the group showers and I bent over to pick up the soap only to end up ramrodded that was on them.

The next dozen times I fell for the same trick that was on me.

In other words I ain't believing or getting excited about nothing until either Schefter, Keim or somebody like Breer officially says a deal is DONE until then color me skeptical.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

They Should build a floating stadium in the Potomac between National harbor and Alexandria. It's a win/win for everyone. 

As an added benefit, when the team is embarrassing we could just scuttle it and be done with the season. 

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've always been a Sheehan > Junkies guy.  I''ll go back and listen to some Junkies segments here and there so i don't dislike them but they aren't my go tos.

I find it odd for starters for them growing up in the DMV during the glory years yet only one of them likes this team. 

70%  or so of their show doesn't even cover sports.

And listening to them cover the ownership stuff, here and there, they put about as much thought into it as a third grader but yet they come off definitive as heck.

They are very emotional dudes.  I recall Rivera used to do weekly appearances on their show, suggested he liked the show and they seem to eat him up.  I don't know what preceded what but Rivera wasn't on their show last year -- and they are brutal on Rivera, act like he's the worst coach in the NFL and a complete moron.

They are cool at times, so again they are fine.  But they IMO can get some really hot takes and seem more emotional than thoughtful about sports -- i think in part because they don't come off as dudes who really love sports.

I have always found the Junks are only really good for entertainment while Sheehan is better for news, analysis and information. 

• Like 1