Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

5 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

. He can’t freeze Bezos out. The league owners will be demanding he sells to the person who will offer the most. T

I recently read an article making the point that the owners are most likely to handle this issue with kid gloves. That they are aware that Dan is a petulant and unpredictable child and fear that demands or pressure will make this uglier than it needs to be. That is probably where I would be if I was an owner as well. Dan selling is great news to the league and they don't want to F this up

• Like 2

Since Goodell is mute, I'm wondering why any of those media pundits didn't ask MJW when does she intends to deliver her investigation ?

It took 10 months for Beth Wilkinson, now it's been 13 months and counting for MJW.

Edited by FrFan

Bram and Sheehan on seperate segments.

A.  Both heard Dan's magic number is 6 billion.  Bram said the league wants him at 6 billion

B.  Bram's been hearing Harris has been the favorite for awhile but doesn't rule out Bezos but would bet against Bezos 

C.  They suspect the current bidders are short of 6 billion

D.  Sheehan said from what he heard the team's finances indicate a 6 billion buy is an overpay

E. Interesting to hear this from Bram who works for the team, he also concurrs that Dan's finances is why he has to sell

F.  Sheehan expects some leaks coming this weekend about the bids

G.  Standig who was on his show suspects that Canadian real estate guy, might not be that serious

H.  They both believe (its obvious to all of us) that Dan right now is jockeying to get the bids up

• Thanks 6

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Bram and Sheehan on seperate segments.

A.  Both heard Dan's magic number is 6 billion.  Bram said the league wants him at 6 billion

B.  Bram's been hearing Harris has been the favorite for awhile but doesn't rule out Bezos but would bet against Bezos 

C.  They suspect the current bidders are short of 6 billion

D.  Sheehan said from what he heard the team's finances indicate a 6 billion buy is an overpay

E. Interesting to hear this from Bram who works for the team, he also concurrs that Dan's finances is why he has to sell

F.  Sheehan expects some leaks coming this weekend about the bids

G.  Standig who was on his show suspects that Canadian real estate guy, might not be that serious

H.  They both believe (its obvious to all of us) that Dan right now is jockeying to get the bids up

Thanks SIP for keeping us updated. 

Feels like we've been in this same now now for months on end.  What are we now, 3rd and goal from the 27 yard line at this point? 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Thanks SIP for keeping us updated. 

Feels like we've been in this same now now for months on end.  What are we now, 3rd and goal from the 27 yard line at this point? 

Piecing different narratives together and guessing based on that.  Feels like sort of an owner of a house sticking to their asking price, no one has met it, and they are willing to hold ouit a bit longer to see if the buyer (s) will budge.

Guessing that the Harris group doesn't perceive they have much competiion so they haven't budged.  And now Dan especially now is trying to convince them that they do have competiition.

Just listened to Grant on a podcast who said he's heard Fretitta and Bezos haven't toured the facility and there is one mystery buyer that remains.

There is no specific finish line to this because Dan is dictating the end game.  Feels like the buyers were suggesting that Dan is under pressure to settle this before the owners meeting next week and Dan has pushed back by saying he is feeling no sort of pressure like that and to make that point he's telling the buyers he's under no rush.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

46 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Noone wants to pay $6 Billion when they then have to spend a ton on a new stadium, new(or upgrade) facilities, etc. etc.

Basically why im rooting for Bezos. Hes the only one with enough cash that it may seem like a wise investment to take the entire operation into the future with a makeover. Anyone else just wouldn't be able to move that kinda money (i wouldn't think) 

My wife showed me something from twitter i guess the other day about how dope the Alabama facility is and then looked at me and said imagine coming to the Commanderskins after that. Why must she hurt me? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Dan is running outta cards to play.

He has shown off the identity of minority partners

He has shown off the identity of some of the mystery buyers, to show there are multiple parties with legitimate interest.

He rung the final call bell hard when he got a bunch of reporters to believe the conclusion was imminent.

He has threatened Bezos looming presence hoping to get one of the existing bidders to try and "wrap things up"

We may just be at that "5 Billion in the Broncos sale" area where bids are maximized and nobody is interested in going any higher. If that's the case you either sells to the highest bidder, or Bezos walks in and beats it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

We may just be at that "5 Billion in the Broncos sale" area where bids are maximized and nobody is interested in going any higher. If that's the case you either sells to the highest bidder, or Bezos walks in and beats it.

Yes, but if the highest bid is around "5 Billion in the Broncos sale" and no one is interested to get up, It's not garanteed that Bezos will top 6 Billion either. He may settle it at 5.75 Billion and that's it.

Which will be a take it or leave kind of offer for Dan.

7 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Yes, but if the highest bid is around "5 Billion in the Broncos sale" and no one is interested to get up, It's not garanteed that Bezos will top 6 Billion either. He may settle it at 5.75 Billion and that's it.

I'm sure there is some number for Bezos, like all other buyers, where the juice is not worth the squeeze.

Problem is, that number is very likely not affected by available funds like how other bidders likely are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Thanks for sharing.

This statement from Bram is spot on and is why this will all happen sooner rather than later - Dan needs the cash.  He’s clearly been financing his lifestyle through “the business”.  

Even after paying himself an exorbitant salary (once reported at $10M, but recently they said he got a large increase - to what?).  Curious, did they also pay Tanya a salary (if they charged the team $4.5M for a logo on his jet - one would have to imagine).  Outside of his ownership- I don’t think he has any other sources of revenue.

Just announcing the Snyder’s have come to terms with “……. Investment group” for the sale of the team isn’t enough.  He needs this to go through and get approved ASAP - so that he can get that 30% wire transfer.  He would appear to be cash poor and as we all “know” - the price for yacht and jet fuel has gone up substantially…..😫

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/2d/2dba5589b6390cd9bef66fd0c896c3e0a4bbbf5700f77700119ce8b81ab3faf0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

Dan is running outta cards to play.

He has shown off the identity of minority partners

He has shown off the identity of some of the mystery buyers, to show there are multiple parties with legitimate interest.

He rung the final call bell hard when he got a bunch of reporters to believe the conclusion was imminent.

He has threatened Bezos looming presence hoping to get one of the existing bidders to try and "wrap things up"

As a bit of an aside, i'm curious where Dan ends up? Supposedly he is/has moved to London which doesn't make sense financially. The taxes there will bleed him dry as will many other European countries. Make the IRS look like teddy bears. Have to imagine he is going to end up in a country that is more favorable to him financially. Cant see a return to the U.S at this point, at least not physically. Perhaps he can still shelter certain assets? Like to hear from anyone that knows more about these things.

Edited by Chris 44

11 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

As a bit of an aside, i'm curious where Dan ends up? Supposedly he is/has moved to London which doesn't make sense financially. The taxes there will bleed him dry as will many other European countries. Make the IRS look like teddy bears. Have to imagine he is going to end up in a country that is more favorable to him financially. Cant see a return to the U.S at this point, at least not physically. Perhaps he can still shelter certain assets? Like to hear from anyone that knows more about these things.

I can see him incorporating some shell company in the Cayman Islands to hide his money.

All of this by Dan is pretty easy to see. It was part of a strategy from the beginning. You don't let Bezos in early. Let the other find where the market is, let a group, eventually Josh Harris and crew, come in with the highest bid. Then you let Bezos bid. 

Letting in Bezos in the process from the beginning lowers the sale price because groups like Harris may have not gotten in the process at all. Dan couldn't let Bezos bid against himself, it would have cost him a billion or two in the end. Dan's stupid, but not completely stupid. This was planned all along, and Dan's groveling publicly through Fox Business was all part of it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think if we were talking about a normal Company it would represent an overpay. Worth maybe 5B so you’re paying a 20% premium.

That said, this isn’t a normal company. I’m not sure it’s possible to consider 6B an overpay for an NFL franchise. It will be worth double that in a decade whilst ticking over with a healthy operating profit year on year. 

New Keim Podcast:

1. 3 names are now known, Harris, Fertitta and Apostolipolus.

2.  3 tours: Harris, Apostolopolus and a mystery bidder. Fertitta was scheduled to tour on the day they had a season ticket event so he said he would reschedule but hasn't yet.

3. Doesn't know about Bezos. Speculating he's being used to make bidders raise their price. More as a threat to other bidders. 

4. Could announce at anytime. Doesn't believe it's imminent.

5.  Usually other bidders are told they are out first and that hasn't happened yet. Could also be an exclusive bidding window with one group and then open it back up again if a deal can't be reached during the exclusive window without the other bidders knowing. 

6. Most likely Tanya and some lawyers at the owners meeting. May give an update to the other owners on where the process is.

7. With Dan you never know.

Maybe they are still waiting of Ferty to get a tour so he can give a "final-final" bid.

He does not strike me as someone like Walton or Bezos who can place a truly competitive bid sight unseen. He'd have too much of his personal finances tied into the team to not have as complete of an understanding as possible about what he is getting into where as an uber rich guy does not have that same problem.