Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

6 minutes ago, profusion said:

Nobody smart enough to have made billions of dollars for themselves would go into business with Dan in even a small way.

Fred Smith isn’t smart enough?

Also Bezos tried to buy the minority stake previously. As well as the Clearlake Capital guys. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9290681/amp/Jeff-Bezos-talks-Washington-Football-Team-minority-owners-push-Dan-Snyder-sell.html

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/report-wfts-minority-owners-got-900-million-offer-clearlake-capital-co

Edited by SoCalSkins

So we’re looking at May time for a deal to be closed. Seems about right. Those contract monies were deferred until Mid May as reported. Also got the league meeting late May. 

Preferred bidder will be announced by this March meeting IMO. Looks on track.

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

So we’re looking at May time for a deal to be closed. Seems about right. Those contract monies were deferred until Mid May as reported. Also got the league meeting late May. 

Preferred bidder will be announced by this March meeting IMO. Looks on track.

If he accepts a bid by May, there will likely be an escrow payment he can draw from to pay those bonuses. I would be shocked if that wasn’t built into a deal.

This is not going to get approved before the May meetings. The draft is coming up and there is no incentive to get it done before the May meetings. If it’s a complicated deal with a bunch of partners and creative financing May is not guaranteed. Walton was able to get his done faster because it wasn’t complicated. 

Breer on 106.7 just now.

A.  Feels pretty confident that the team gets sold.

B.  No vote on the agenda for next week

C.  Thinks likely a vote in May

D.  He doesn't rule out a new owner would be fast tracked especially if its Harris who is already vetted by the owners

E.  Broncos process soup to nuts took 9 months -- feels this is actually on a faster track to that sale but this stuff takes time

F.  OK to get excited, expects a new owner. 

G.  As to why Dan is selling.  From what he believes, Dan discovered that there was no path out of his issues -- boxed in. 

None of this bothers me, I didn't expect a vote next week, I want the top bidder though identified next week ideally but the process takes time after time.  Breer weeks ago had concerns that the sale doesn't happen based on talking to some.  So its good to hear he feels confident now. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

I'm excited about Dan not being the man anymore and will be super happy with either of the two most spoken about options.  They all have pluses and minuses attached to them.  My biggest concern with the Harris/Magic combo though is they both have obligations to other franchises.  That's good in that they know how to run a franchise, but I hope that the resources won't have to be shared with all these other organizations.  Especially as much as our club needs a cash infusion.

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

Fred Smith isn’t smart enough?

Also Bezos tried to buy the minority stake previously. As well as the Clearlake Capital guys. 

I'm saying now, after all the dirt's come out, including the bit with the undisclosed loan. He's toxic. No one's coming near him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I AM NOT ADVOCATING THAT DAN RETAINS A PORTION OF THE TEAM

but...if I'm Dan.  IF I AM DAN.  I can't imagine giving up 100% of the team and not retaining some points in order to get some very nice passive income each year.  Silent owner, no decision making power, just give me a check for a few million each year.  

I AM NOT ADVOCATING FOR THIS.

Absolutely not. Can you imagine having to see this 8 Sundays per season? Snyder needs to take his 6 billion and go sail around the world for the rest of his miserable life:

Top 30 Dan Snyder GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Absolutely not. Can you imagine having to see this 8 Sundays per season? Snyder needs to take his 6 billion and go sail around the world for the rest of his miserable life:

Top 30 Dan Snyder GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

This video does say how into it he was....if only he had just come to games and watch he might still be dancing. Instead he'll do the walk of shame.

Is that Theismann sitting in there?

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

About the same as Leon Black feels about Josh Harris. 

Is this the same Leon Black that brought a RICO suit against Josh Harris for allegedly conspiring with his model paramour (who alleged that Black committed atrocious acts against her) and conspired to leak information regarding Black's relationship with Jeffrey Epstein to whom he paid about 150 million or so over 5 years for "estate planning" services?  And the same Leon Black who had his RICO suit thrown out even without the opportunity to amend the complaint?  That Leon Black?

Edited by bearrock
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SkinsRock80 said:

The 1st and goal posts by the local media hasn’t aged well. Was really hoping for this 

It's definitely 1st and goal,  we made it to the 10 yard line after a long nerve-wracking drive, but in typical fashion of this team it's first and goal from the 20 due to two false starts lol

Edited by DazedSkinsfan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

It's definitely 1st and goal,  we made it to the 10 yard line after a long nerve-wracking drive, but in typical fashion of this team it's first and goal from the 20 due to two false starts lol

I agree it feels fitting for a Snyder owned team. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Is this the same Leon Black that brought a RICO suit against Josh Harris for allegedly conspiring with his model paramour (who alleged that Black committed atrocious acts against her) and conspired to leak information regarding Black's relationship to whom he paid about 150 million or so over 5 years for "estate planning" services?  And the same Leon Black who had his RICO suit thrown out even without the opportunity to amend the complaint?  That Leon Black?

Yes that guy,  Josh Harris’ mentor and the guy Harris chose to start Apollo with. That’s who Harris modeled himself after. If he can be business partners with a billionaire who is buddies with Epstein and files RICO suits when deals go sour, Dan is a walk in the park as his partner. Dan is far less shady and reputable. 

• Thumb down 1

36 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Yes that guy,  Josh Harris’ mentor and the guy Harris chose to start Apollo with. That’s who Harris modeled himself after. If he can be business partners with a billionaire who is buddies with Epstein and files RICO suits when deals go sour, Dan is a walk in the park as his partner. Dan is far less shady and reputable. 

Apollo started in 1990 and Black used Epstein decades later in 2012-2017 and it all came to light in 2020.  I guess we should blame Harris for not being able to see into the future.

Who cares who's worse between Black and Snyder (congratulations, you may have found a guy I would find more objectionable than Snyder).  Harris had a bitter falling out with Black.  That's a plus in my book instead of a negative (which I assume was the thrust of your smear campaign "Hey look at what Harris allegedly did to Leon Black!").  Give it a rest.  It's tiresome and a waste of forum space.  You don't like Harris for all these speculative reasons.  We get it.  Now come back when you have facts, not feelings.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

Apollo started in 1990 and Black used Epstein decades later in 2012-2017 and it all came to light in 2020.  I guess we should blame Harris for not being able to see into the future.

Who cares who's worse between Black and Snyder (congratulations, you may have found a guy I would find more objectionable than Snyder).  Harris had a bitter falling out with Black.  That's a plus in my book instead of a negative (which I assume was the thrust of your smear campaign "Hey look at what Harris allegedly did to Leon Black!").  Give it a rest.  It's tiresome and a waste of forum space.  You don't like Harris for all these speculative reasons.  We get it.  Now come back when you have facts, not feelings.

You are the one responding dude. You are the one taking up forum space. You responded to me and I replied. So stop responding. Simple. 

• Thumb down 1

Here's the text from the article from Breer.  Outside of the tweet that summarized the article, I don't think it was posted unless I missed it

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/03/20/roger-goodell-extension-revenue-lamar-jackson

I don’t think the Commanders will have a buyer to present to the league next week at the annual meeting. It could happen if things accelerate this week, but that seems unlikely.

That doesn’t mean it’s not coming though. The likelihood at this point is there will be news on the Commanders ownership front at the NFL’s spring meeting in Minneapolis in May. And all signs inside team headquarters point to the transition being well underway.

Dan Snyder’s office was cleaned out months ago, and he and wife Tanya Snyder took stuff out of storage too, well in advance of the tours that prospective buyers got of the team’s practice facility in Ashburn, Va. The football folks haven’t seen Dan Snyder in months (his last appearance at the facility was believed to be for a team picture early in the season), with President Jason Wright, head coach Ron Rivera, GM Martin Mayhew and EVP of Football/Player Personnel Marty Hurney shielding their staffs from the sales process.

Tanya Snyder’s popped in and been a little more present, while Wright has served as a proxy for ownership in a lot of ways, similar to how Packers president Mark Murphy plays the role of owner for an owner-less team. The way to look at this—as I see it, from a 30,000-foot view—is the coast has been cleared for the new owner to slide right in.

As for who it’ll be, I’m not sure that’s been fully determined yet, but one of the Broncos runners-up, billionaire investor Josh Harris, who owns the NBA’s 76ers and NHL’s Devils, has been a name to watch throughout. Harris grew up in Chevy Chase, Md., went to high school in D.C., has a group loaded with D.C. ties bidding and is well-liked by NFL owners.

Again, it’s not over. It seems, though, like we’re building to a conclusion here, and maybe even one that could deliver the franchise back to the district, in a stadium at the RFK Stadium site.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, CommDownMan said:

I hope it's official May 13th, so he has to pay all the signing bonus money. 

The signing bonuses are paid by the team out of the teams finances not out of Snyder personal finances. Snyder has been taking money out of the franchise not putting it in.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

If he can be business partners with a billionaire who is buddies with Epstein

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/01/jeffrey-epstein-friend-ghislaine-maxwell-was-guest-at-jeff-bezos-event.html

Ghislaine Maxwell, who is alleged to have procured underage girls for accused child sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein, reportedly attends the exclusive Campfire retreat hosted by Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos in 2018.

The British socialite - who is in jail over her alleged links to Jeffrey Epstein - is said to have run in the same circles as billionaire Bezos and ex-Google CEO Eric Schmidt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/01/jeffrey-epstein-friend-ghislaine-maxwell-was-guest-at-jeff-bezos-event.html

Ghislaine Maxwell, who is alleged to have procured underage girls for accused child sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein, reportedly attends the exclusive Campfire retreat hosted by Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos in 2018.

The British socialite - who is in jail over her alleged links to Jeffrey Epstein - is said to have run in the same circles as billionaire Bezos and ex-Google CEO Eric Schmidt.

Well crap.  I guess we should just keep Dan.  Curses!!!! 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Yeah bezos is probably a subway jared if you can get the people that left and he paid...to talk

Edited by dunfer
  • Thumb down 2