Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Thanks.

He could be a big spender here.  I get the point that some push on that front.  He is obviously insanely rich.   But there is some devil advocate push back to that point.  My gut is he wouldn't be cheap running this franchise.  But I don't think its slam dunk.

Harris from what some have said does like to spend well on facilites-trappings for players.  Maybe Bezos does the same.  I do agree that Bezos is probably the best shot at getting the stadium in DC.

Are there similar stories about Blue Origin company?

I feel like a football team would be treated more like a pet project than the bread winner.   So I think how he treats that might be a closer comparison. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Thanks.

He could be a big spender here.  I get the point that some push on that front.  He is obviously insanely rich.   But there is some devil advocate push back to that point.  My gut is he wouldn't be cheap running this franchise.  But I don't think its slam dunk.

Harris from what some have said does like to spend well on facilites-trappings for players.  Maybe Bezos does the same.  I do agree that Bezos is probably the best shot at getting the stadium in DC.

Totally.  Bezos could be frugal with his company but lavish with his own money, but you provided good context. He certainly won't need the team to generate income for him like the current asshole.  I'm still on the Bezos bandwagon, largely because Bezos is a DC guy (now) and Harris seems to be a Philly/NYC guy, which, barf. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 2

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

Totally.  Bezos could be frugal with his company but lavish with his own money, but you provided good context.  I'm still on the Bezos bandwagon, largely because Bezos is a DC guy (now) and Harris seems to be a Philly/NYC guy, which, barf. 

I am more than cool with Bezos, I am stoked by the idea.  But IMO some are a bit carried away with there are no disclaimers to him.  it's not me trying to rain on the romance, its just for years I'd hear tidbits about Bezos that never gave me the vibe that this dude doesn't bring some concerns.   

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TK said:

You know there was once a CSN beat reporter that complained about the Press Box serving hot dogs & popcorn. Word got back to Dan about it & he had her access removed to the point she was transferred to the Houston market. Last I heard she was selling real estate in San Fran.

I'll say this though, I'd rank FedEx last in the Division as far as press box spreads go. Philly/NY breakfast is almost tied. Maybe a slight edge to Philly for the omelet station. Dallas at Thanksgiving is AMAZING. Plus they tap a keg at the end of the 3rd Quarter. 

I remember breakfast at NYG being really good. 

The press box spread with the boiled hot dogs with the stale buns and the flavorless pizza (we’re only making two!) are bad. Somehow the cookies are fantastic. 

A few years ago I was talking to a guy from Dallas, he couldn’t believe it. He was like “is this place for real?” I asked him

about Dallas, he said Jerruh spares no expense, everything is first rate. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

@Skinsinparadise why would post that long message in the thread instead of a brief with a link? 

you mean on the Bezos stuff?  If so, I just see the point challanged here from time to time.  So for once I thought screw it, to show its not some one off isolated link, here is article after article. and I mostly posted blurbs, not the whole article.

I didn't just do it for Bezos.  I've posted all the stuff, every word in every article about Dan for the most part because i think some of us are really into the topic and for good reason.   I don't do it all the time.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

you mean on the Bezos stuff?  If so, I just see the point challanged here from time to time.  So for once I thought screw it, to show its not some one off isolated link, here is article after article. and I mostly posted blurbs, not the whole article.

I didn't just do it for Bezos.  I've posted all the stuff, every word in every article about Dan.   I don't do it all the time.

better not

6 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

I feel like a football team would be treated more like a pet project than the bread winner.   So I think how he treats that might be a closer comparison. 

Don't know.  But again I suspect Bezos would be a great owner.  But I am not in the slam dunk he's the dude, throw away the key, that's all.  Just my opinion.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

57 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

“Player health and safety is our top priority, and we continue to invest in our facilities, including a new practice field, new turf in the practice bubble and increased meeting room space,” a Commanders spokesperson said in response to the survey results. “We know there is more to do, and we regularly talk with our players about ways to improve their work environment and the experience for their families.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/03/01/commanders-nflpa-facilities/

Obviously, I’m not shocked that the chose to respond to this.  This is what they do.

But my god, if there was ever a time to put your hat in your hand, this is it.  Your own players voted on this, so whatever itsy bitsy investments they’ve made clearly aren’t anywhere even remotely close to good enough.  Phew.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

A few years ago I was talking to a guy from Dallas, he couldn’t believe it. He was like “is this place for real?” I asked him

about Dallas, he said Jerruh spares no expense, everything is first rate. 

Turkey and Prime Rib at Thanksgiving.... Plus Whataburgers all over the area & the Thanksgiving game was basically a 5 day weekend.... Yeah that was probably the best travel game to attend. :) 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Most of this is nonsense particularly about him driving a Honda. Maybe back in the 90s. His yacht cost $500 million alone and it has a second yacht as a support boat he lands his chopper on. That shadow boat is worth more than Dan’s.

He has been burning money since he started dating Sanchez. Nothing is going to be cheap about him. Harris on the other hand will milk the fans for every penny because that’s the business he’s in.

It's cool you are that certain about this all.  If so, why give a hoot about what I or anyone else thinks about it?     I don't have your certaintly on this.  So lets agree to disagree. ;)

yodayit.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I didn't just do it for Bezos.  I've posted all the stuff, every word in every article about Dan.   I don't do it all the time.

You know posting an entire article is a violation of forum rules right or at least it used to be? When ES was bigger back in the day there were complaints about infringement by posting entire articles. Particularly when posting ones behind paywalls. The rule was post the title of the article, a few sentences and a link.

Not sure if or when that changed. Maybe it was to keep post sizes down back then but regardless, the content creators absolutely don’t like their clicks being taken away by having entire articles reposted. 

Edited by SoCalSkins

I don’t think Bezos would be a cheapskate owner. He’s a tech guy and I think he’d want to live at the intersection of athletics and technology more than he already does if he became a team owner. If he was the owner I don’t think we’d have received those grades today. 

You never know, though. Might be a terrible owner. But it can’t be worse than this so I’d be happy to roll

the dice. 

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

You know posting an entire article is a violation of forum rules right or at least they’re used to be? When ES was bigger back in the day there were complaints about infringement by posting entire articles. Particularly when posting ones behind paywalls. The rule was post the title of the article, a few sentences and a link.

Not sure if or when that changed. Maybe it was to keep post sizes down back then but regardless, the content creators absolutely don’t like their clicks being taken away by having entire articles reposted. 

I didn't post an entire article on any of the Bezos stuff, not even close..

I don't for anything else.  The one exception is for the Dan WP stuff because I've gathered people want all the details.  No one has ripped me for it, but if it bothers some people here, i'll stop, that's the only topic i ever do it for. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

If people haven't yet figured out that we're the bad guys, I don't know what to tell you. We are the antagonists. We are the villains.

Dan Snyder is Dr. Evil and we're the random henchmen that get mowed down again and again and again.

We are literally the Commies. Snyder is Stalin and we are the pathetic saps who get thrown into the meat grinder in waves and waves.

It's like Tom Hank's speech at the end of The Burbs:

"It's not them...it's us!"

tom hanks comedy GIF by RETRO-FIEND

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Not sure if a Rule changed?

I think that used to be a Rule?

Maybe it was...

Better not....

hack my life kevin GIF by truTV

If you're trying to quote a Rule, buy you're not sure about the actual Rule, maybe you should review it first. Especially since the link to them is at the top of every page. ;) 

Just sayin'. :) 

• Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I have to wonder what the criteria was for all these questions, though. I find it inconceivable that the Cowboys would score so high...high, yes, but that high? Good thing the grades seem to have nothing to do with winning...the Chiefs have four D's themselves!

F D
Commanders 3 2
Buccaneers   2
Steelers   3
Saints 1  
Patriots   1
Rams   4
Chargers 2 2
Chiefs   4
Jaguars 1 4
Colts   1
Lions   2
Broncos   3
Browns   3
Bengals 2 2
Bears   1
Panthers   1
Ravens 1  
Falcons   2
Cardinals 5  

This tweet thread kinda breaks down how the grades can be a little misrepresentative of what they’re trying to measure, if you don’t read the details for context:

not gonna post all the tweets, but good thread 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TK said:

Maybe it was...

Better not....

If you're trying to quote a Rule, buy you're not sure about the actual Rule, maybe you should review it first. Especially since the link to them is at the top of every page. ;) 

Think he was referencing rule 10. But that's just me. I like a link with a few paragraphs to decide if I want to read more at the source. 

10. Adhere to ES policies on using headlines/content from other websites to start a new thread or to add to an existing thread.
When posting anything concerning news articles from outside sources or using any website as part of the topic please include a direct link (i.e., URL) to the original page/site. Paste the URL directly atop the post, above a small portion of the article's text (for example, the lead paragraph or a particular sentence or two). Such a practice provides credibility and attribution to the source of the information, and allows visitors the option to visit the respective websites. You are responsible for the content you post.

If you are posting a published article from a news source, please title your thread in the following format: "SOURCE SHORTFORM: HEADLINE" (Ex. WP: Commanders Name Mike Shanahan New Head Coach). If the source is a blog or a chain e-mail, put "blog" or "chain e-mail" at the beginning of the thread title.

Please see our copyright statement.

If you're adding content from any website to an existing thread, do not post large sections of that content. Just post the link and a brief section that is relevant to the point the content is intended to support.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, TK said:

Maybe it was...

Better not....

I don’t see it in the forum rules. Back when every article got its own thread in the early 2000s I remember there being a rule about it? That was a lot of bottles of whiskey ago so I don’t remember the specifics but it was something about the Washington post not being happy their whole articles were being posted here. Am I just remembering that wrong? That’s when everyone hated the Nunzio guy then JLC at the post. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

If he's sports competitive then he'll spend....

21 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

No sign of Tanya on dating websites yet.....I'll keep y'all posted. 

You might want to check Ashley Madison first. She's almost certainly had an account there for years.

11 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Mike Jones on 980 just now, he is pretty plugged in.  He thinks the sale is going down.  He thinks the Dan isn't selling drill was posturing from Dan's side to try to push up the price in the sale.

As with everything Farquaad does, he's overplayed his hand. Had he just cut a deal earlier for a reasonable price, he might have had that locked in before this story broke. Now he's going to have to take a major hit because the buyer will, rightly, need money set aside to pay for Farquaad's various liability follies and his dire financial straits. Let's just say he's not dealing from a position of strength in these negotiations. In fact, were I Bezos or whomever, every counter offer from Dan's side would be met with a lower offer from me.

FWIW, I'm really kind of over the NFL so I hope Dan goes full-on petty and starts leaking everything he knows about where the NFL's bodies are buried. It would be just deserts for both sides.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TK said:

You know there was once a CSN beat reporter that complained about the Press Box serving hot dogs & popcorn. Word got back to Dan about it & he had her access removed to the point she was transferred to the Houston market. Last I heard she was selling real estate in San Fran.

Kelli Johnson. I remember her being a mainstay in coverage, then she got transferred to Houston, then to SF and as of 2020 didn't have her contract renewed and is now involved in real estate.

I had no idea it was related to Snyder and the press box spread lmao.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

IIRC a lot of Blue Origin folks were brought (or bought) from old space companies, and brought the old space "take as long as you can, as long as you get paid" work culture with them. Bezos is less than happy about it, given the pace of development at SpaceX, but it is literally rocket science so his options are limited.

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Kelli Johnson. I remember her being a mainstay in coverage, then she got transferred to Houston, then to SF and as of 2020 didn't have her contract renewed and is now involved in real estate.

I had no idea it was related to Snyder and the press box spread lmao.

Me either. I thought she just left for a "better" gig elsewhere. 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

IIRC a lot of Blue Origin folks were brought (or bought) from old space companies, and brought the old space "take as long as you can, as long as you get paid" work culture with them. Bezos is less than happy about it, given the pace of development at SpaceX, but it is literally rocket science so his options are limited.

Yeah, not apples to apples with Amazon, but neither is a sports franchise.  At least with players, scouts, coaches.  But some office positions/sales could be closer.