Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Given this article along with everything else, I'm now at 51/49 that Snyder does not intend to sell the team.  He may be forced to, but I don't think he'll do it willingly. 

If he thinks the documents particularly attorney work product he has refused to turn over up to this point will aid in putting him behind bars, why would he cede possession and control of them by selling unless he has to?

2 minutes ago, Hooper said:

If he doesn't sell willingly, how could they not vote him out? It wouldn't just be an embarrassment -- it would look like Goodell is covering his own actions up. 

This should take down Goodell too if Fred Smith and Dwight Schar can claw back $1.5 billion from Dan and the NFL. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fan since a Fetus said:

If Dan doesn’t sell, do you think the team will be the first professional product to apply for food stamps? He’s gone, it’s just a matter of when. Goodell might be behind him. It depends on what the other owners know about these actions.

So many teams have minority investors. They all should be outraged and demand accountability. Some of these are investments in the hundreds of millions/billion range. This hurts every single owner because the value of being a minority investor just went down significantly. If the majority owner can commit blatant fraud and the NFL commissioner doesn’t even bother investigating once being made aware or sharing the allegations with the other 31 partners, there is a serious issue. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

If he thinks the documents particularly attorney work product he has refused to turn over up to this point will aid in putting him behind bars, why would he cede possession and control of them by selling unless he has to?

He could potentially bake in an agreement with the buyer to keep it confidential, or he could destroy whatever is in his possession and instruct the law firm to also destroy it.  It's shady, but he could probably do it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar1156 said:

We need Bezos money to fix this trash heap. The entire organization needs a large infusion of cash.

The organization first needs to be completely boycotted by the fan base until Snyder is gone.  The owners aren't going to do **** until the league's bottom line takes a brutal hit. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The organization first needs to be completely boycotted by the fan base until Snyder is gone.  The owners aren't going to do **** until the league's bottom line takes a brutal hit. 

Think we’ve gone down that path as far is as reasonable. Whoever’s left is going to stay anyways. 

bottom of the league in gates, in tv ratings, and bottom 1/3 in revenue. The owners grossly over leveraged. And every few weeks there’s another investigation. 

think we’ve done all that can be done and it’s working best it can. 

if I had to guess the flurry of news recently is both sides putting things out there for negotiation purposes. That’s all. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

If Dan doesn’t sell, do you think the team will be the first professional product to apply for food stamps? He’s gone, it’s just a matter of when. Goodell might be behind him. It depends on what the other owners know about these actions.

Can't help but wonder what Eric Bienemy is thinking about all of this?

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

Sheehan has Neil from Rockville, one of his lawyers on, and he was adamant this is very very unlikely to end with anything like jail time. 

civil fine/settlement way way more likely, and even then not that great of a chance. 

Damn. That’s disappointing. 

I mean the most important thing is getting him to sell or forcing him out. But the thought of him in prison and doing a 30 for 30 interview from his cell is just awesome. 

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Damn. That’s disappointing. 

I mean the most important thing is getting him to sell or forcing him out. But the thought of him in prison and doing a 30 for 30 interview from his cell is just awesome. 

Well. He’s pissed off a lot of people and seemingly has no friends. By going after Allen he pissed off a pretty powerful political faction in Virginia. Including our current governor who has ties to the Allen family. And the current AG who’s political mentor is Allen’s brother. 

if you go timeline it all out you’ll see Virginia doing a 180 on its relationship with Snyder right after the Allen stuff happened. I don’t think that’s a coincidence. Virginia went from the most likely state to be home to the new stadium, to not having enough support to even bring the issue to a vote. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s not treated the way most overly rich people are with “white collar crimes”.  Every once in a while they sacrifice one to keep the peace with the rest of us pawns. Snyder may be sacrificed as an act of going after corrupt rich people screwing over everyone else. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, tshile said:

Sheehan has Neil from Rockville, one of his lawyers on, and he was adamant this is very very unlikely to end with anything like jail time. 

civil fine/settlement way way more likely, and even then not that great of a chance. 

I tend to agree. I don't think there will be any jail time. Possibly a hefty fine but who knows. Wealthy people (or those who play in the wealthy pool) have a different set of rules than the rest of us.

• Like 1

If the ESPN article is accurate Roger is toast. He signed the approval of the $55 million dollar loan with B of A when Snyder did not have authorization from the Redskins board and did not have the required 2/3 approval of rest of the owners.

When this came to light in the arbitration, Goodell and NFL general counsel Jeff Pash refused to allow the arbitrator to get the documentation supporting the loan. Goodell then shut down the arbitration, mediated the buyout of the minority partners, asked Wilkinson for an oral not written report and had the league allow an additional $450 million loan to fund the buyout.

The whole thing is super fishy and Goodell participated in all of it and kept the other owners in the dark. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 2