Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Bezos is not going to overpay for the Commanders because he can just sit tight and wait for the Seahawks.

Snyder will sell because he needs the $.

The Seahawks don’t give him access to politicians the same way Washington does. Regardless of what he pays he can likely sell it for more in 5 years. So is it actually overpaying if that’s the cost of getting Dan to sell? 

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The Seahawks don’t give him access to politicians the same way Washington does. Regardless of what he pays he can likely sell it for more in 5 years. So is it actually overpaying if that’s the cost of getting Dan to sell? 

I promise you Jeff Bezos has access to anybody he wants access to on earth. He doesn't need the team to bend anyone's ear. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Regardless of what he pays he can likely sell it for more in 5 years. So is it actually overpaying if that’s the cost of getting Dan to sell? 

Totally agree. The Denver sale added a reported 12% to all other NFL team values straight away. The further value isn’t dropping. 

• Like 1

I did my best guess on this the other day, my take hasn't changed much.

we know from other subjects, Dan loves to leak stuff and is his own clunky way try to control the narrative even though it often backfires.  Arguably that's why the Congressional investigation ended up happening -- because Dan's people leaked the Bruce emails.

The first main story was the BS one from Fortune (I think Fortune if not Forbes) about how he's getting offers north of 7 billion.

Now its he won't take less that 6 billion.

Leaks from the buyers about how the team isn't worth 6 billion.

Then the Bezos story.  Then the NY Post which has been the most negative thus far about the idea that Dan will even sell suggesting Bezos isn't going to get it.  Then Perez the same dude who shot down the Fortune story, shooting down this one, too.

Feels like a simple media war waged by the PR teams of the seller versus the buyer.  It behooves Dan of course to put out that he might not sell because if he didn't he might not get the bidding up to 6 billion or whatever his true goal is.  

As for Bezos, who knows what Dan thinks.  Dan is a petty dude.  So is it possible he's messing with him and would enjoy rejecting his bid?  Maybe.  Most people wouldn't put petty crap over a lot of money.  But Dan might be that level petty.  I suspect though he would sell to Bezos.  Cooley and Sheehan ironically talked about this on their podcast today -- Dan's petty but is he that level petty?

Everything feels like a back and forth negotation in the media to me and it sounds like ditto most people here.  The only wild card here is Dan because as some say who know him, he's fickle, emotional and high strung. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The only wild card here is Dan because as some say who know him, he's fickle, emotional and high strung. 

He may be fickle, emotional, and high-strung but his debt load is not changing and he can't refinance with interest rates where they are. Just like changing the name, the sale is about $$$ and the fundamentals remain the same.

As for selling to Bezos, that's less clear. But I would be thrilled with Harris, too. It's not Bezos or bust. So I'm very zen about the whole thing.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I did my best guess on this the other day, my take hasn't changed much.

we know from other subjects, Dan loves to leak stuff and is his own clunky way try to control the narrative even though it often backfires.  Arguably that's why the Congressional investigation ended up happening -- because Dan's people leaked the Bruce emails.

As usual, you are right, SIP. The little one always has a distraction story/article ready. And he certain has the same ready for trying to prime the pump on the offers for the team. The serious bidders are shrewd businessmen and businesswomen. They're not stupid. He is. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I just had a thought and figured I'd post it. What if the thing that this fanbase is so divided over right now - the name change - is what caused Dan to sell the team. Like Sheehan says, its bacisally an expansion team and many fans of that age don't think of it as the Redskins. So what if that was the final straw for Dan who was fighting the name change then suddenly caved, what if this took the fun out of it for him and made him sell

If internal pushback from the fan-base played a role in the choice to sell then yeah it did. We all heard how Tanya getting boo'd was a catalyst.

That botched rollout turned fans against both Snyders even harder and led to events like that.

58 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

So is Dan selling or not? WTF is going on?   

If he backs out, he's just gonna end up with a complete fan revolt and litigation with the NFL... I can't see him being that stupid... 

What am I smoking, it's gonna end up being the most painful path possible 🤦🤦‍♀️🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

If the league and other owners want him to speed this up. They should leak to some of his friendly sources like that NY Post reporter and the Fox Biz guy who keeps suckering Grant and Danny for radio time, that the Mary Jo White report is coming and some of the details go way past abusive, and into the depraved, deviant, and lascivious. 

They'll get that back to him instead of posting it as "league sources say". 

20 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

If he backs out, he's just gonna end up with a complete fan revolt and litigation with the NFL... I can't see him being that stupid... 

What am I smoking, it's gonna end up being the most painful path possible 🤦🤦‍♀️🤦‍♂️

I don't see a revolt. It'll be a continued dive into apathy. 

1 hour ago, skinzplay said:

As usual, you are right, SIP. The little one always has a distraction story/article ready. And he certain has the same ready for trying to prime the pump on the offers for the team. The serious bidders are shrewd businessmen and businesswomen. They're not stupid. He is. 

lol, thanks, I am wrong enough times, too.  I just try to make educated guess based on what reporters say that I trust. 

too bad Keim hasn't weighed in on this story in a big way because he's IMO the rock star as for getting things right about this team.

My gut is this team still sells, too many people are converging on their sources believe it happens.  The wildcard is its hard to deduce with logic a dude (Dan) who doesn't per se operate with logic.  Dan's impetuous nature, same reason among other variables why he sucks as an owner, is in play too with the sale.

The upside to this is if Dan indeed sells, how it seems to be unfolding doubles down why this would be one of the greatest days in this franchise history when he sells -- he's basically held this team hostage for 20 plus years of suck and sleaze. 

It's like getting out of jail, the day he sells.  If a parade happens, i think i will fly up from Florida to be there.  Him going means more to me than anything and by a country mile.

8 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I was rooting for Josh Harris anyways...

Any new owner to me is a homerun but I think I am with you on Harris. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

He’s the richest man in the world. I’ve got news for you, he doesn’t need a football team to get access to politicians. He can live anywhere and be anywhere and have access immediately.  When you’re that rich, geography doesn’t mean anything. 

I don’t care who you are. If Jeff Bezos calls and leaves a message, you’re calling back. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Tanya Snyder should pull a Shelly Sterling and seek to have Dan declared incompetent.  If refusing to even entertain bids from one of the richest person on the planet isn't insanity, I don't know what is.

Same dude who supposdly walked away from a first rounder and plus according to Jay and Mike Jones for Kirk.  The reason most say is because he didn't want to give Shanny the satisfaction.  same dude who wanted to rid of Trent including walking away for a better deal if traded during the season

Emotion and pettiness >>> winning to him.  One of many reasons why the dude beyond sucks. 

As for Bezos who knows this could be posturing.  But if there is a dude who would give up 500 million or whatever out of spite, Dan would be that dude

• Sad 1

If Snyder ends up not selling, no Commander fan should attend another game, spend a dime for merchandise and make Snyder's life and finances as bad as possible. It's not fair to the players who are stuck with an owner who sucks but until he's gone, the Commanders can suck it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3