Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

17 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But he makes a good point which is these tours that the prospective owners are getting might not help especially someone like Harris who has seen other sports facilities.  Grant went on about how low rent the Commanders facilities are compared to a typical college team let alone NFL -- he's seen some facilities in his reporting and other facilities are night and day nicer than the Commanders facility. 

Does Harris or the anonymous bidder really have the resources to significantly upgrade? Seems to be the only one who can is Bezos which is why he seems to be our last chance at a flat out exciting new owner?

2 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

The more I hear, the more I feel that new ownership is gonna have to make a more immediate splash than a new stadium or the promise of eventual winning can provide.

I don't know what its gonna be, but it would almost be irresponsible to do nothing.

I'm anxious for some news today given the deadline, but I'm still in my unworried happy place about the whole thing regardless.

Snyder being gone is all I need to come back. Assuming he is, I’ll be attending games next year for the first time in a while. I’m sure there are a lot more like me out there. I think this starting from scratch like an expansion team thing is a bit overblown, probably put out there by one of the prospective buyers to drive down the price. Although I can’t disagree that there are some fans who will need more than just Snyder being gone to come back. So an immediate splash would certainly be helpful… my suggestion: a rebrand to a better name would probably work wonders.

Edited by woodpecker
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

J. Doesn’t think it gets to the point where Snyder’s camp says they can’t get a high enough bid because of things like the MaryJo White investigation looming.

There’s a reason for Snyder’s 180 degree pivot from the October 18th press release where it essentially closed with the point that the  Snyder’s would never sell the team to the announcement on November 2nd that the Commanders were exploring all options.  

Interesting point surfaced by the Twitter handle tracking Snyder’s yacht (and plane) around October 31 that his airplane made a couple of visits to Tetterboro (an airport in NJ that private jets use for visits to NYC).  

My gut feel is that a message was delivered that there can be two versions of the Mary Jo White report delivered.   Hence, the sudden turnaround and reason why it hasn’t been delivered yet.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

28 minutes ago, jjpomeroy said:

There’s a reason for Snyder’s 180 degree pivot from the October 18th press release where it essentially closed with the point that the  Snyder’s would never sell the team to the announcement on November 2nd that the Commanders were exploring all options.  

Interesting point surfaced by the Twitter handle tracking Snyder’s yacht (and plane) around October 31 that his airplane made a couple of visits to Tetterboro (an airport in NJ that private jets use for visits to NYC).  

My gut feel is that a message was delivered that there can be two versions of the Mary Jo White report delivered.   Hence, the sudden turnaround and reason why it hasn’t been delivered yet.

There It Is GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RVAskins said:

My gut tells me that Harris will buy the team and that Bezos really wants to buy the Seahawk's when they become available.

maybe, but per jody allen: 

“As we’ve stated before, neither of the teams is for sale and there are not sales discussions happening.

“A time will come when that changes given Paul’s plans to dedicate the vast majority of his wealth to philanthropy, but estates of this size and complexity can take 10 to 20 years to wind down. There is no preordained timeline by which the teams must be sold.

“Until then, my focus – and that of our teams – is on winning.”

11 minutes ago, gortiz said:

maybe, but per jody allen: 

“As we’ve stated before, neither of the teams is for sale and there are not sales discussions happening.

“A time will come when that changes given Paul’s plans to dedicate the vast majority of his wealth to philanthropy, but estates of this size and complexity can take 10 to 20 years to wind down. There is no preordained timeline by which the teams must be sold.

“Until then, my focus – and that of our teams – is on winning.”

We all know Jim Irsay says some strange things but he did say in 2022....Jim Irsay thinks the Seahawks will be for sale “in the 2024 range”

Of course only Jody Allen knows for sure. Heck, who even knows of the Commanders will be sold. Only time will tell.

9 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

What if Harris and the mystery bidder pull out? Saying they looked at the franchise and determined it wasn’t worth it. Also,

Bezos then makes a lowball bid of 2-4 billion, take it or leave Danny.

It would be funny if something like that happened.

I get what you're saying, and I know it's been said before...but still blows my mind the full scale of it all. 

I sure wish someone would punish ME and buy one of MY assets for 2-3 BILLION dollars more than I paid for it.  Would be such an awful punishment. 

This asshole should be in prison for all he's done and at BEST get his money refunded back to him. 

But I digress. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, woodpecker said:

Snyder being gone is all I need to come back. Assuming he is, I’ll be attending games next year for the first time in a while. I’m sure there are a lot more like me out there. I think this starting from scratch like an expansion team thing is a bit overblown, probably put out there by one of the prospective buyers to drive down the price. Although I can’t disagree that there are some fans who will need more than just Snyder being gone to come back. So an immediate splash would certainly be helpful… my suggestion: a rebrand to a better name would probably work wonders.

I think there are some like you. I think there are just as many who are gone for good. And I think there are some that could go either way. 

Snyder being gone will fix the biggest issue that most of us have with the team...that's undeniable. But, it won't instantly re-spark the passion that most of us had. That can't just be turned back on. The rich people who might buy the team probably realize that. It will cost a lot of money to rebrand, build a stadium, and do a grassroots marketing campaign to win back a fan base. All of that AFTER spending $5B to buy the team. 

3 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Snyder being gone will fix the biggest issue that most of us have with the team...that's undeniable. But, it won't instantly re-spark the passion that most of us had. That can't just be turned back on.

I wonder about that in myself. I was a red-faced, yell at the TV, can't sleep after losses type. I am that way with the Nationals, at times. Will I get some of that back with new owners? I really don't know. I want to find out though!

• Like 5

Keim's podcast with Sheehan.

Not much on it.  They both think he will sell out of necessity.  But they accede that he's very unpredticable so there is always some wildcard with him.  Keim said he's very good at cloaking his intentions when he wants to do that.

Keim thinks Bezos is a wildcard, not sure if he bids or not.  And if Snyder might turn down a Bezos bit because he doesn't want to sell him -- speculated that Bezos might not bid because ego wise he might not want to get rejected by Dan.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

What if Harris and the mystery bidder pull out? Saying they looked at the franchise and determined it wasn’t worth it. Also,

Bezos then makes a lowball bid of 2-4 billion, take it or leave Danny.

It would be funny if something like that happened.

Only if Dan still sold the team...

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Was daydreaming and reflecting on this issue and I had thought that this group, Extremeskins, and even to a shorter subset, the members following this post are similar to the Black Watch from the Game of Thrones.  The difference is that "Winter" isn't coming, it has been here since May 25, 1999.

This group has held the post, and continues to do so, in the hopes of the breaking of the "Winter".

Regardless of the suffering and what will remain after the breaking, this group has stood witness.

I salute you, fellow members of the watch. 

To better times:

beer drinking GIF by History UK

Maybe I should cut back on the edibles, during the day.😉

:229:The Rook

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

53 minutes ago, The Rook said:

Was daydreaming and reflecting on this issue and I had thought that this group, Extremeskins, and even to a shorter subset, the members following this post are similar to the Black Watch from the Game of Thrones.  The difference is that "Winter" isn't coming, it has been here since May 25, 1999.

This group has held the post, and continues to do so, in the hopes of the breaking of the "Winter".

Regardless of the suffering and what will remain after the breaking, this group has stood witness.

I salute you, fellow members of the watch. 

To better times:

beer drinking GIF by History UK

Maybe I should cut back on the edibles, during the day.😉

:229:The Rook

Just let me know when our watch is ended. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Do we have an emergency plan if the team is sold and the forum goes offline suddenly? A meeting point? A rendezvous? An exfil?

I'd think the new owner should be dying to milk this forum, maybe except for the Heinicke Hive?  :D

A team with maybe less fans than any other in the NFL right now -- and here we got a forum with not just Commanders fans but hardcore ones.  We are sort of the Last of the Mohicans.  

We are sort of like the last run of cell phone customers that still use a Motorola or Nokia cell phone.   We are so unique they should put us in some lab football study.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd think the new owner should be dying to milk this forum, maybe except for the Heinicke Hive?  :D

A team with maybe less fans than any other in the NFL right now -- and here we got a forum with not just Commanders fans but hardcore ones.  We are sort of the Last of the Mohicans.  

We are sort of like the last run of cell phone customers that still use a Motorola or Nokia cell phone.   We are so unique they should put us in some lab football study.

Snyder goes scorch earth and poofs this bad boy. The bill usually goes unpaid in May and the forum shuts down every year… we need a plan, damnit.

• Like 2