Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

11 hours ago, KDawg said:

Art/Blade do drive bys, as you well know since you lambasted Blade :ols:

Die Hard posts regularly here. 

It’s funny how these guys who ran this thing when I joined in ‘03 are virtual unknowns today. Shows you how history changes and forgets.

The site was a lot more fun back then.....

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

We're gonna be the Washington Taco Tuesdays? Will we still play on Sundays?

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9528022771a3a83de213

Damn now I really want tacos. 😔

None of it makes sense. We have Sunday Night Football on Thursday every week.

31 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Officially, none.

Not sure I ever understood the word correctly either to give an appropriate answer to this...

That's a war declaration!

i think you just wanted to post that hot bod a second time, so is etched in your le memory

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

We're gonna get a 30 days experience of Prime video while signing up for this site you think?

I no joke think "Washington Prime" would be a badass name. Sort of like Korean baseball teams which are named after the companies they're owned by and not the cities they play in (a la the Samsung Lions or KIA Tigers). 

• Confused 1

If this franchise gets Bezos and Jay-Z taking over, we ain’t going to be called Prime. Let alone Commanders or any other dog**** quality name. They’ll be some out of the box, forward thinking branding in place. I’d expect something very unique.

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

The funny thing about Bezos potentially buying the Commanders is that for a guy who gets a lot of criticism and hate, buying the team would make him universally beloved by millions of people in the DMV instantly. The guy could solve world hunger and wouldn't be as loved.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

If this franchise gets Bezos and Jay-Z taking over, we ain’t going to be called Prime. Let alone Commanders or any other dog**** quality name. They’ll be some out of the box, forward thinking branding in place. I’d expect something very unique.

image.jpeg.73fd0c84aa9eee081d8d13c17370c303.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Panninho said:
WaPo also reporting Bezos and Jay Z interest

I"m ready for this. Imagine the celebration concert at FedEx...

Jay-Z gets on stage, does his thing, and then things get real: An explosion of fireworks; Bezos rips out of the tunnel at full speed Ultimate Warrior style, dives onto the stage, Jay-Z tosses him the mic, and he just starts shredding the freshest rap lyrics you've ever heard in your life. Him and Jay-Z then combo dish out a diss track on Snyder so vicious the local authorities need to initiate a wellness check on him.

Gives me chills.

• Haha 7

17 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

You don’t remember when they started Thursday night football and called it a special edition of Sunday night football on Thursday? It was one of the dumbest things.

That’s only in the season opening kickoff game though, and the thanksgiving night game. Not “every week” as you originally stated. 

19 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

@Cooleyfan1993so I bet next week your pulling for Dallas when they play us. 2 teams you can’t stand.

Huh? When did I say I can’t stand the packers? Point to me where I said that 😂 oh yeah…..NEVER! You really need to stop with this **** lol 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

They aren't the type to come up with better names than "Commanders"...they may be "forward thinking" for how the name "Commanders" is branded and used, but you guys are deluding yourself if you think any new owner will magically come here with some NFL name that has the fan base buzzing with excitement over it. I still think going with no name and only having a symbol for a name a' la Prince would have been unique and forward thinking, and most likely hated by everyone except me lol...

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

1) The question is whether the owners care more about ousting Dan or getting a new stadium. If it's the former, Snyder is sunk. If it's the latter, then this is Snyder's last card to play to save himself.

2) There's a bunch of obscenely wealthy people who probably wouldn't give a **** to be associated w/ Dan bc part-owning a team is cool, they don't want to deal w/ the hassle of being majority owner, and even a Snyder-stained NFL franchise is guaranteed to make money given the revenue-sharing agreement.

3) Publicizing the process is 100% about jacking up bids, whether for partial or full. Snyder/BofA will be considering all options - there's no reason not to.

4) Bezos could offer Snyder a price for a full sale so high that Snyder couldn't refuse. Will he? I don't know. But this is my hope.

Gun to my head, I think this results in a full sale to Bezos and the impetus is Dan's inability to get a stadium deal over the past few years.

That said, I don't think it's the slam-dunk only outcome in play, and I don't want to get my hopes up just to see an announcement on a new minority group. So until then, I am staying medium.

But I - we - can taste freedom. It could happen. It really could happen. We'd finally be free.

A new stadium assumes attendance will normalize and cash will flow in. That’s a fallacy. No one is paying $25k per seat for PSLs with Dan as owner. It’s over dude.

Your assumption that someone obscenely wealthy wouldn’t care about being associated with Dan is beyond delusional.  No one wants that public reputational hit. Maybe the LiV golf investors but the NFL isn’t getting into that bed.  Dan refused to pay his previous partners. That’s how Thai mess started. 

The reason you don’t put it out there that full sale is in play is because that is the only acceptable resolution with the public and other owners if they think it’s possible. Once that’s on the table, it’s game over to any other option. 

Edited by SoCalSkins

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

That’s only in the season opening kickoff game though, and the thanksgiving night game. Not “every week” as you originally stated. 

Huh? When did I say I can’t stand the packers? Point to me where I said that 😂 oh yeah…..NEVER! You really need to stop with this **** lol 

Your a Washington fan. They hate GB as much as anyone. I could care less though, that’s what’s fun about rivalries and talking football with fans of your biggest rivals.

Edited by ThePackisback

7 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I"m ready for this. Imagine the celebration concert at FedEx...

Jay-Z gets on stage, does his thing, and then things get real: An explosion of fireworks; Bezos rips out of the tunnel at full speed Ultimate Warrior style, dives onto the stage, Jay-Z tosses him the mic, and he just starts shredding the freshest rap lyrics you've ever heard in your life. Him and Jay-Z then combo dish out a diss track on Snyder so vicious the local authorities need to initiate a wellness check on him.

Gives me chills.

In all seriousness though, imagine the crowd when Jay Z starts rapping H to the Izzo and gets to "fo shizzle my nizzle used to dribble down in VA!"

Yeah yeah, FedEx is in Maryland. Still. Would be so hype!

2 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

They aren't the type to come up with better names than "Commanders"...they may be "forward thinking" for how the name "Commanders" is branded and used, but you guys are deluding yourself if you think any new owner will magically come here with some NFL name that has the fan base buzzing with excitement over it. I still think going with no name and only having a symbol for a name a' la Prince would have been unique and forward thinking, and most likely hated by everyone except me lol...

It depends how the NFL (and the new owners) feel about Commanders. Because I could see them being the type to hire literally hundreds of people to brainstorm and workshop something better if that’s what they wanted. I’m with you that I doubt it happens—I imagine the NFL likes the vanilla vaguely-patriotic name “Commanders”. It probably stays but I’m fine living in the dream that it won’t lol. 

4 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

There is no brand with this team.  You are literally buying the land around fedex and the park (400 acres) and a football team located in the richest metro area in the US. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1