Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Indy ~ Jim Irsay The People's Champ Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

1638968134_ScreenShot2022-10-30at7_15_40PM.thumb.png.beb0abb1113fde9d33d365ef2e549a12.png

3 minutes ago, cougs said:

After that series of plays. I was thinking the same thing. I get tired of the defense doing their job and a an offense that is both coached and executed so poorly. 

The offensive coord needs to be sent packing 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

This is brutal, is there nobody ever open or is Heinicke not letting it rip?

Our offensive scheme is very limited because defenses know there are certain throws Heinicke simply can not make so they can call their coverages differently. Everything is tight press man.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Don't blame the defense, not their fault we only have 7 fn points right now...

Had a game go into OT 6-6 this year. We went 3 and out on O in OT and lost on a TD run 12-6. A parent from the stands yelled, “worst defense I’ve ever seen in my life! Cost us the game.”

So, there’s that. :ols:

• Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Seems like Turner calls plays on 3rd & Long that you would typically see on 1st or 2nd down.  Those 4-5 yard crossing routes that get you easy yardage but maaaaaaaaybe go for more.  Those can't be relied upon on 3rd and 10 because every defense will concede those catches being made in front of them and settle for a tackle afterwards.   These things make me think that the coaches aren't confident in Heinicke throwing vertical in pressure situations.   

Just now, Rocket442Olds said:

Not sure Heinicke could make that throw Ehlinger just did. His arm would fall off.

Yeah. I've been hearing all week how their arm strength is comparable. Um no. TH would've thrown it short giving the db and safety time to contest the pass and or getting our WR killed. 

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Our offensive scheme is very limited because defenses know there are certain throws Heinicke simply can not make so they can call their coverages differently. Everything is tight press man.

They gotta be able to have Heinicke make SOME throws.  I mean, he's not great but if this is the case there's gotta be crosses and quick slants they can do.  

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It’s not the defense that’s the problem clearly. I know when we are feeling bad we crap on everything but the defense has looked good in recent games. I’ve whined about lack of turnovers but they’ve come through today on that front

Our passing game though is beyond pathetic 

The defense has played absolutely no body but a broken thumbed ARod.