Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders Vs. The Packers ~ Code Yellow with Holes!

zCommander

I have picked Washington to lose the last 3 weeks so I am going out on a limb and picking them to win 21-20 against the Packers.

I am going to assume we get back Logan Thomas, Sam Cosmi, and Jahan Dotson.  With these 3 players and TH we should be able

to win this game.  Our defense has improved by benching that awful cornerback (William Jackson) and the front four playing better than the

first few games.

Edited by veteranskinsfan
  • Like 1

20-17 Commies

What's happening to the Packers offense is not a fluke and won't get any better losing Cobb.  We might catch them off guard a little having to go back to last year's film on Taylor, but I expect better running game with Robinson.

Expect a grind it out upset where it looks like Rodgers might take it in the end then has no one to help him do it (common theme in many of their loses this year).

13 hours ago, skinny21 said:

According to PFR, Green Bay is 4th in blitz percentage, 10th in pressure percentage (24.4%, but only 1.5% from 5th place).  They’ve given up the the fewest passing yards, but the 6th most rush yards.  Interesting matchup for our O.

That bodes well for us, since we're not playing with a QB this week.

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That bodes well for us, since we're not playing with a QB this week.

Speaking of which, how crazy is it that TH’s QBR from last year - when he couldn’t tie his shoes and killed all his receivers - would put him above Rodgers’ QBR from this year?  I haven’t seen the Packers play this year, but how bad has Rodgers been?  (Bets on this being a ‘get right’ game for him?)

All of you people who think there will be a spark from TH are smoking some of the good stuff.  He is terrible.  

The only hope we have in this game is the absolute worst defensive coordinator in the history of the NFL is standing on the other sideline.  Joe Barry is HISTORICALLY bad unless he is gifted a top 5 offense, like he was last year.  

My prediction:

GB: 13

Washington: 6

I'm honestly not sure where the 6 points comes from, but Barry is SO bad, I think he will find a way to give us a couple broken plays, and get into position to attempt 3 FGs, and Slye will make 2. 

My over/under on WR concussions due to underthrown deep balls is 1.5.  I'll take the over.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Speaking of which, how crazy is it that TH’s QBR from last year - when he couldn’t tie his shoes and killed all his receivers - would put him above Rodgers’ QBR from this year?  I haven’t seen the Packers play this year, but how bad has Rodgers been?  (Bets on this being a ‘get right’ game for him?)

There are some surprising messes this year for sure. Rodgers will pull it together, but his team around him is ****. Big contract problems.

7 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

All of you people who think there will be a spark from TH are smoking some of the good stuff.  He is terrible.  

The only hope we have in this game is the absolute worst defensive coordinator in the history of the NFL is standing on the other sideline.  Joe Barry is HISTORICALLY bad unless he is gifted a top 5 offense, like he was last year.  

My prediction:

GB: 13

Washington: 6

I'm honestly not sure where the 6 points comes from, but Barry is SO bad, I think he will find a way to give us a couple broken plays, and get into position to attempt 3 FGs, and Slye will make 2. 

My over/under on WR concussions due to underthrown deep balls is 1.5.  I'll take the over.  

Interesting take.  This year, their offense has been pretty average, yet GB is leading the league in 3rd down percentage, YAC allowed, and passing yards allowed.  10th in pressure %.  Their run D is bad though.  Pretty much middle of the road otherwise.

I’ll take the under/smart money - just one concussion in 15+ games last year, right?  :)

1 minute ago, skinny21 said:

Interesting take.  This year, their offense has been pretty average, yet GB is leading the league in 3rd down percentage, YAC allowed, and passing yards allowed.  10th in pressure %.  Their run D is bad though.  Pretty much middle of the road otherwise.

Their defense is coordinated by a moron.  So, who knows what will happen.  

1 minute ago, skinny21 said:

I’ll take the under/smart money - just one concussion in 15+ games last year, right?  :)

Last year there were a hell of a lot more than 1 concussion.  And quite a few near misses.  Lots of murder balls.  Terry only had one.  A bunch of other guys got hurt because of QB play.  

8 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well, TBH, nobody knows for sure how he will play.

I'm a firm believer in the "sophomore slump" and have seen quite a number of QBs go through it in my 4+ decades of football, and hoe they learn from the mistakes and play better.

And I don't smoke { sniff sniff }  😜

21 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Well, TBH, nobody knows for sure how he will play.

I'm a firm believer in the "sophomore slump" and have seen quite a number of QBs go through it in my 4+ decades of football, and hoe they learn from the mistakes and play better.

And I don't smoke { sniff sniff }  😜

He doesn’t have the talent to play well.  That’s the problem. 

46 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Their defense is coordinated by a moron.  So, who knows what will happen.  

Last year there were a hell of a lot more than 1 concussion.  And quite a few near misses.  Lots of murder balls.  Terry only had one.  A bunch of other guys got hurt because of QB play.  

Ok… well their defense is playing well at any rate.  

So your take is that it’s dumb to think TH will provide a spark, but if he does, it’s because the historically bad, moronic leader of their good defense did something dumb?  

Re. Concussions - I guess I’ll have to take your word for it… I know Reyes was concussed, but not sure how, RSJ got one from running into the camera man, and then JD took a rough hit while diving to the ground.  I do remember a few big hits.  

Related factoid I came across a while back - concussions were down last year (somewhat significantly) to 187 league-wide (yikes) and receivers are 50% more likely to get concussions than dbs.  Eek, that’s scary stuff. :(