Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New OC Thread (Welcome Aboard Eric Bieniemy!)

samy316

5 hours ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

If Mahomes is here, when free agency starts, all the teams will be signing good players in free agency to try to improve the team while Redskins could do nothing because of Mahomes' contract so everyone here would be complaining about Mahomes' contract and everyone here would be saying that Mahomes' contract has failed to build a good team around Mahomes and everyone would be saying that Mahomes should be released or traded so Redskins could bring in good players in free agency to build a good team and win a Superbowl without Mahomes and I did not forget about the draft, if Redskins keeps drafting busts, it is not going to help Mahomes either so no, I do not want Mahomes and his ridiculous contract

You all may not want to hear it, but this is what peak performance posting looks like. First ballot HOF poster right here. We are witnessing greatness.

• Haha 10
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

You all may not want to hear it, but this is what peak performance posting looks like. First ballot HOF poster right here. We are witnessing greatness.

Total alpha post. Guy probably hasn't eaten a vegetable since the early 80's and the word merlot has never crossed his lips. I for one will stay off his lawn. 

• Haha 9

8 hours ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

So what? They will always be the Redskins and I am going to call them the Redskins instead of the stupid Commanders so get over it

Sir, a fact is something that cannot be argued.

The Redskins, whether we like it or not, are gone. Living in the past is what leads to social disorde...

Oh. That makes a lot of sense.

Carry on. 

• Haha 9

Listening to Keim this morning both on Sheehan and on his own postcast.

On Sheehan he said he poked around a lot on Bieinemy and found no people echoing McCoy's comments.

Doubled down that Bieniemy's passion and hard coaching and attention to detail will be welcomed alluding to Scott Turner struggled with all three qualities.   He among others around the team seem to continue to allude to Turner's issues wasn't just X and O's but also about his low energy personality.

Childress who had Bieinemy on his staff was on Keim's podcast is really high on him.  Selling his hard coaching, work ethic, passion.  Is a fanatic about avoiding turnovers.  He didn't say this part but considering Tyreek Hill's comments about McCoy am gathering Bieinemy beat to death to McCoy to tuck the ball and McCoy ultimately hated him for that among I gather other things.  Childress said Bieiniemy doesn't treat star players any different than anyone else, he uses the same approach with all.  He also said players feed over Bieinemy's passion.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Maybe I'm Simple Nick, but I'm really struggling to see how hiring EB (No, not Eric Bickle) is anything less than an extreme upgrade over anything this team has had in ages... including Al Saunders and his 700 page playbook.

There is no reason to think it isn't.

There's some weird thought processes being exercised by people on this issue. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

50 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Maybe I'm Simple Nick, but I'm really struggling to see how hiring EB (No, not Eric Bickle) is anything less than an extreme upgrade over anything this team has had in ages... including Al Saunders and his 700 page playbook.

I heard Kyle Shanahan and McVay were decent.

5 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

That has to be some kind of satire, just to stir the pot. There’s no way somebody would really say no to Mahomes!!

2 hours ago, ntotoro said:

Al Saunders was a fantastic coach and had a very long resume. Saying EB is an upgrade over him is a joke at this point. I’m all for the EB hire and want him to succeed but no need to disparage other legitimate coaches we have had and who have proven track records over decades The reality is the bingo caller had far more experience calling plays than EB has. He is closer to Jim Zorn in experience than anyone else. Zorn came up in the Holmgren coaching tree where Andy Reid comes from as well. Let’s let him coach a few games before anointing him anything.

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Doubled down that Bieniemy's passion and hard coaching and attention to detail will be welcomed alluding to Scott Turner struggled with all three qualities.   He among others around the team seem to continue to allude to Turner's issues wasn't just X and O's but also about his low energy personality.

Childress who had Bieinemy on his staff was on Keim's podcast is really high on him.  Selling his hard coaching, work ethic, passion.  Childress said Bieiniemy doesn't treat star players any different than anyone else, he uses the same approach with all.  He also said players feed over Bieinemy's passion.

Re the hard coaching angle, Pete Hailey had a good take on this last week.  He cited that this accountable coaching technique usually rubs divas the wrong way (see Strahan with Coughlin) but thinks we have many starts that are humble and would not be opposed to this or complain.  Kids like Terry, B Rob, Gibby, Bates, hopefully Samuel (after taking a few years to get back to form), Howell (assuming so as he has been touted as a hard worker always trying to improve), and youngins like Cam and Dyami who haven't gotten the minutes yet, all seem to not be divas and this coaching style would repel them.

Luckily the only real diva is on the D in Chase and if you add Kam Curl's Dad lol.

So hoping our young stars on the O side of the ball will be hungry to learn and improve their games and take to EB's coaching style and thrive.

• Like 2

Wonder of Mills survives the new regime-draft.  McKee is probably a mid rounder in this draft

https://www.si.com/college/stanford/football/tavita-pritchard-to-remain-on-troy-taylors-staff-as-quarterback-coach

During his time on the farm, Pritchard has worked with multiple NFL quarterbacks helping mentor names like Kevin Hogan, Davis Mills, and likely draftee in this upcoming draft Tanner McKee. 

https://stanford.rivals.com/news/stanford-officially-promotes-tavita-pritchard-to-offensive-coordinator

"Bottom line is I think Coach (Tavita) Pritchard is one of the best teachers in the classroom that I have come across my whole life in school. The mental reps that we take in the classroom feel so real. I felt like I was making decisions, breaking the huddle with 10 seconds left and I have to manage between two or three plays, and I was instinctually getting to the right look as the game went on. I realized there were certain coverages structurally that they couldn't actually run with where they were lined up at the time. So, I anticipated what they were getting into and there were a couple big plays where I was right and it ended up working out for us."

And Pritchard has a special perspective to offer recruits as someone who can speak to the experience of recently being a student-athlete at the prestigious university.

Senior quarterback 

of Corona Centennial (Calif.) is the No. 71 overall recruit in the 2018 class and he has developed a close relationship with Pritchard.

"The thing I love about coach Tavita is he is genuine," McKee messaged Cardinal Sports Report Dec. 11. "I have always felt I can trust him. He’s a great coach and loves teaching football. I also like the fact he is young and he is smart. He relates well to the players because he was in their shoes just a few years ago. When we were at breakfast together a few weeks ago we had a great conversation about life and the school. I’m very comfortable with him. It feels like I have known him forever."

Pritchard's character and personality makes it easy for young players to connect with him.

Stanford 2018 running back commit 

described his conversations with Pritchard as "amazing".

"I can’t wait to see the new additions he makes to the offense with his new promotion!" he messaged Tuesday. "He just seemed like a great coach who knows how to interact well with his players So I am excited that I will be able to work with him!"

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, actorguy1 said:

Blast from the past. Pritchard is the guy Andrew Luck replaced way back in the day at Stanford. I remember they let him on the bball team back in the day too on the Lopez bros team that made the tourney. I should add that Pritchard was a crappy QB who, if I recall, pulled off a big upset win in 2009

Edited by method man
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I like that Pritchard is young, a QB whisperer, and has OC experience at the college level.

He could be the heir apparent to Bieniemy if/when EB gets a head coaching job.

He’s a ways away from being an NFL OC. He has no NFL experience as a player or coach

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Hence what seems like him getting a shot as one of EB's assistant coaches here starting this season

I’m saying that, from a timing standpoint, I don’t think he is a guy you count on to be the OC in 2024 or 2025 once EB leaves. He is a fine guy to have on staff though as a high character intelligent assistant.

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, method man said:

I’m saying that, from a timing standpoint, I don’t think he is a guy you count on to be the OC in 2024 or 2025 once EB leaves. He is a fine guy to have on staff though as a high character intelligent assistant.

You also have to assume that if EB is leaving for another job (either through getting a HC job or getting fired), his assistants are following him into promotions or at least new locations. I think people already worried about EB succession plans are getting a bit ahead of themselves, especially with a new owner incoming. Let’s just see how it goes this year, first. 

24 minutes ago, Conn said:

You also have to assume that if EB is leaving for another job (either through getting a HC job or getting fired), his assistants are following him into promotions or at least new locations. I think people already worried about EB succession plans are getting a bit ahead of themselves, especially with a new owner incoming. Let’s just see how it goes this year, first. 

As you plan ahead, you have to plan for different scenarios. Companies, which this team is, do long range and strategy planning. If you are Ron, you have to have an EB succession plan in place. Pritchard is not it but a veteran assistant like Greg Lewis may be for OC

Edited by method man