Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Tennessee at Washington ~ Nashville Hot vs Mambo Sauce

TK
Message added by TK,

111000314_ScreenShot2022-10-09at4_11_47PM.thumb.png.c13c592a247713930603891c847bcfdb.png

Wentz played well enough to win the game, until he actually had to win it - then proceeded to puke all over himself. There is a reason that this guy has been on 3 teams in 3 years. He isn't as bad as I thought but after 5 games I know he isn't the future here. 

This team isn't going to make the playoffs and ever be a contender w/ Ron, Wentz and Scott. They all need to be gone after this year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Great post and vids.

It's just so damn sad what has become of us.

I've spent my entire life trying to always be a positive-- the glass ain't half full it's overflowing-- kind of guy but damnit this **** is starting to really get to me.

I gotta start cheering for other teams or something. I don't know.

Just glad I have this forum to vent and suffer with friends...

It's unreal what has become of the fanbase.  What a god damn joke.  I still have pics of the 2011 game I went to and how packed the place was and videos of how excited the whole place was.  

And now we are 1-4 and 2 teams are 4-1 and one is 5-0.  Season is literally over today.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 2

Re watched some plays at home

the game is so much easier to judge on tv.

at the game you see the whole field but its hard to judge close plays especially when you have bad angles. 

almost every play that i complained about in this thread were good calls.

the only thing i will say its easier

to see the qbs missing open receivers and its easier to see the officials  miss penalties 

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

It's unreal what has become of the fanbase.  What a god damn joke.  I still have pics of the 2011 game I went to and how packed the place was and videos of how excited the whole place was.  

And now we are 1-4 and 2 teams are 4-1 and one is 5-0.  Season is literally over today.

I feel your pain.  I used to go.  Every week.  No matter the weather or our record.  I won't go now.  Fond memories - but this monstrosity of a team we currently have elicits apathy from me.  I feel awful for my mother and sister who just can't quit it.  They are truly enduring something awful week in and week out there at Fed Ex.  I'll watch the team play on TV, but I'll be damned if I miss my daughter's soccer games or spend the day driving to that S hole, watching terrible football, paying ridiculous prices for food/beverage and then waiting in traffic to drive home.  Nope.  Life is too short.  Need a major shake up now.  Coach / Owner / GM / Something.  Anything.  It isn't working.estailgate.jpgcrab3.jpgmc.jpg

FC Group Shot 2015 Small.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, smooth said:

im not putting the loss on wentz ! he had em there to win it , yes he threw the int tip ur hat was a great defensive play!

Wentz is not the a answer. He can not lead this team

Coaches are not helping and personal decisions have been poor 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I feel like a horrible deadbeat dad for convincing my son to follow this team. He's 17 and best experience I guess would have been the 2012 RG3 rookie year.  I should have been a better parent and told him to just follow the Ravens lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Just now, DazedSkinsfan said:

I feel like a horrible deadbeat dad for convincing my son to follow this team. He's 17 and best experience I guess would have been the 2012 RG3 rookie year.  I should have been a better parent and told him to just follow the Ravens lol

If my wife and I decide to have kids, we will not make them root for this football team. They gotta be DC fans of the other three sports but for football I'll let them pick whoever they want.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• TK unfeatured this topic
2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

If my wife and I decide to have kids, we will not make them root for this football team. They gotta be DC fans of the other three sports but for football I'll let them pick whoever they want.

Smart choice,  your future children will love you for that lol......unfortunately I married a cowboys fan......I know, I know, I'm just thankful she's not too hard on me and my son didn't go to the dark side lol

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Taking Dad's route, this is who I'm rooting for and focusing on our relationship, and perfectly fine with my "want the local teams to do well" route I've evolved into.  Things take care of themselves, but ultimate warning is everyone sucks at some point, so be careful with picking team to stick with jus because they are good now.  Steelers bout to go through this bad.

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Steelers will be good again some day but we will continue to suck hard forever and ever and ever.

Sure Bengals fans felt same way at something until last year.  They still have the same bumass owners yet final hit on a franchise QB and in super bowl last year.  If that franchise which is arguably as poorly run as our has been this century, any franchise can. 

Hell even Cardinal were in the super bowl a minute again even if they almost immediately came back to earth. Forever is a long damn time...we gonna be around for it, different question, ask Cubs fans.

27 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

Never, your a good man!!  

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I posted on the draft thread at some point I’d play Howell for 2 reasons

A. Don’t want to lose the 2nd round pick which is now looking to be a very high 2nd rounder. A 2nd round pick that’s top 3 is pretty much a first round pick.

B. Let’s see if they for sure need to draft a QB next year.

I get this isn’t ideal for Howell. But not looking for the world from him but just glimpses of his potential. He actually might be better equipped to deal with this offensive line than Wentz because of his mobility. 

I wouldn’t play Howell yet but I’d do it before Wentz makes them lose their 2nd rounder.

Howells offensive line was bad his last year in college and he showcased his mobility as a response to it 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I posted on the draft thread at some point I’d play Howell for 2 reasons

A. Don’t want to lose the 2nd round pick which is now looking to be a very high 2nd rounder. A 2nd round pick that’s top 3 is pretty much a first round pick.

B. Let’s see if they for sure need to draft a QB next year.

I get this isn’t ideal for Howell. But not looking for the world from him but just glimpses of his potential. He actually might be better eqilpped to deal with this offensive line than Wentz because of his mobility. 

I wouldn’t play Howell yet but I’d do it before Wentz makes them lose their 2nd rounder.

Howells offensive line was bad his last year in college and he showcased his mobility as a response to it 

I was against this move a couple of weeks ago, however I've had a change of heart.  We are a lock for a top three pick.  There is not intelligent reason to just give it away to the Colts.  Make the move when necessary.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 2:43 PM, mistertim said:

I think so far Wentz has shown us that he's the guy most of us thought he was. A middle of the road QB who will make some really good plays and then follow them up by really boneheaded ones. Unfortunately we don't really have a better option at this point (unless the coaches think Howell is ready...but I also wouldn't want a rookie to get shell shocked behind this horrible OL)

He's a rookie. Of course he's not ready for the ****** NFL!! At a minimum he should carry a clipboard for at least two years. So should have Dwayne Haskins....But that of course, is water under the bridge.

• Thumb up 1

23 minutes ago, sebestian said:

I was against this move a couple of weeks ago, however I've had a change of heart.  We are a lock for a top three pick.  There is not intelligent reason to just give it away to the Colts.  Make the move when necessary.

Thing is, we aren’t a lock for a top 3 pick. There are six teams with 1 win.  We have some bad teams ahead of us: Chicago, Houston, Indy, Atlanta.  I could definitely see a scenario where we win 4 or 5 games heading into week 18 and Dallas has clinched a playoff spot and doesn’t show up.  We end up drafting 6 or 7.

• Sad 1

No one was questioning Young’s worth to this Alabama team before the A&M game, but still, fans got a good reminder of how critically important he is if the Crimson Tide is going to achieve its lofty expectations. Outside of Young and running back Jahmyr Gibbs, this is an Alabama offense devoid of big playmakers and features shaky play-calling from offensive coordinator Bill O’Brien. The offensive performance we saw Saturday night under the Bryant-Denny Stadium lights might not be good enough to win an SEC championship, let alone a national one.

Alabama struggled right out of the gate against Texas A&M, punting after its first three offensive drives. That might have made punt enthusiasts Kirk Ferentz, Pat McAfee and Michael Casagrande happy, but quickly cranked up the fan anxiety in Tuscaloosa. Alabama never really looked in rhythm offensively, finishing only 5 of 14 on third-down attempts and even Will Reichard looked out of sorts with two missed field goals. The glue that kept Alabama together was gone, and you saw the consequences.

Young is like the ultimate Mr. Fix It when he’s out on the field, calmly covering up Alabama’s flaws. Without Young, you start noticing a lot more holes in the walls, clothes all over the floor and cabinets askew in the Tide house.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1