Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washingburgh at Dallas

TK
Message added by TK,

2099317008_ScreenShot2022-10-02at4_12_04PM.thumb.png.6becb16f5bf4f6381d0eb60f17bb2d89.png

I am fully on board that with Snyder here he will never hire the right people, and won’t have access to the actual good hires.

But in a vacuum, ignoring our owner situation and how that effects hiring just for the sake of an honest opinion outside the context of our hellspace in Washington: nobody on this board should be a Rivera fan at this point. He’s not a good coach, there’s not even any real evidence that he’s any sort of inspirational “leader of men” which is supposed to be his main selling point. Nothing about his on-field operation here works well, and the stuff that stems from the HC’s philosophy specifically—aggressiveness, clock management, general ballsiness and grit. It’s trash. It’s all bad. Every week on the sideline he looks like he’s at a funeral for someone he didn’t know particularly well. His post-game pressers are getting extremely tough to watch and his communication skills with the media are very overrated. He has no fire in him at all, and exudes zero confidence, charisma, or presence. 

Every step of the way he’s been set up for failure. None of this is a commentary on his working conditions or some misguided belief that the next guy will definitely do better, because Snyder is a nightmare and doesn’t do anything correctly. This is purely a commentary on what I see ON GAMEDAY separate from all the other stuff in the organization. And I’m not even getting into his work in personnel or his choice of Coordinators.

Just, plainly: Rivera is a bad coach and no amount of “he’s a good guy” insistence or cancer survivor heroics will make him easy to root for. Because he’s BAD at his job, separate from everything else.

Edited by Conn
  • Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2