Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders @ The Cowboys - The battle for the last spot in the division!

zCommander

It doesn't matter who the Cowboys have at QB.  Let's just be very, very real about this.  They're gonna find a way to win this game in their house.

Also, the Cowboys defense is probably better than the Eagles', and last time I looked, we can't block anyone.   Parsons is going to have a vintage LT takeover game.

I knew we wouldn't score much against the Eagles because our O line is a joke, but I did think we'd put up more than a garbage time 8.  I think we'll score more points than we did this week, which is saying next to nothing, but there is no way I see us winning this or the Titans game.  I said after Detroit that we're going 1-4 and I definitely stand by that.  

Skins 17

Cowboys 27

This'll be the game where are four wheels fall of Ron's wagon to nowhere.  The postgame excuses will continue to fly and make him look even more foolish than after this last game.

I don't feel good about this game either, but I think it will be closer than the Philly game where there was no contest.

I think our D does better vs Dallas' O, regardless of which QB plays. Dallas' guys are not as prolific as Philly's, and our unit has played a lot better as of late. Provided they get a chance to sit on the bench and drink a cup of Gatoraid before they are forced back into the fray, I think they have a reasonable shot at holding the scoring down.

Unfortunately, I have no confidence in our O going against the best D they have faced this season. Dallas has a great pass rush and a back end that knows how to gamble for TOs. Not only will we struggle to get yardage, I forsee several turnovers as well. This is going to be a hard days work for a unit that has barely proven capable to earn a smattering of yards outside of when an opponent offers us a weekly allowance of garbage yards after they are up 20 something points. The O has got to get much better, but I don't see a get healthy game in the cards when the going is slated to get even harder. 

I got this one as a loss.

A couple of things. With the way the Cowboys defensive line performed against the Giants last night things do not look good for Washington come sunday. Our offensive line performs so badly against the Eagles I could see us getting annihilated against the Cowboys and just getting blown out again. Observation number two if we do get blown out I could see RR getting fired after the game. His whole coaching staff is awful anyway so that's no great loss

22 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

If we lose this will be the beginning of the end for Rivera.  No excuses.  We are going against a backup QB.  If we lose all hell will break loose.  Players will start throwing the coaching under the bus.  Things will get ugly. 

Good. Things are already ugly on the field, can't get much worse than this. If it was even a mediocre product on the field, then maybe there'd be something to salvage, but the last couple of weeks are as bad as I've ever seen this get, and I've been watching for 25 years.

On the flipside, it's not like I think a new coaching staff will do any better....but I'm sure this one has made the roster worse over the last three years, so.....

nothing to lose but more football games lol

20 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

23-20 Commanders. Ugly defensive game but we force a couple takeaways and hang on to win.

Do the Commanders have any takeaways yet this season? If they do, it can't be many and I have to believe that the pendulum is due for a swing back in their favor...

Just now, Wyndorf25 said:

Do the Commanders have any takeaways yet this season? If they do, it can't be many and I have to believe that the pendulum is due for a swing back in their favor...

Only one and it was a complete duck by Lawrence at the end of the opener. 

I think Rush is due for regression and we're due for a couple takeaways.