Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

4 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Β 

2024, yes. We take a $12m cap hit, and free up $10m.

Β 

Then in 2025, $23m comes off the books (with no dead hit).

Β 

That move alone gets us from $78 to $88m in 2024 cap space. Then 2025 goes from $131m in cap space to $154m in cap space.

I thought we already had 90+m in 24 ? Before any releases?

44 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Β 

I have a place in my heart for people.Β  Cancer, COVID, Snyder and a new regime (ownership) is a lot to deal with in 4 years, let alone Snyder.Β  Rivera is a good man at heart but he needs a break and maybe a comeback, down the road as a DC might best suit him.Β Β 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Next Monday, when Riverboat gets fired just remember he was paid $25 million and he is headed home to warm California to enjoy retirement.

Do not feel sorry for this dude.Β  He made out like a bandit.

More like $40 M

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Β 

Β 

What a load of Oscar Mayer. Does he think we're all idiots? That the media are idiots (well, many are).......this is insane revisionist history. This guy can't hit the damn exit fast enough.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Β 

What a load of BS. For 3.5 years he let his incompetent staff rule the roost..especially on Offense. Why the Defense crashed this year is RR demanded more TURNOVERS and had JDR focus on that instead of what worked the previous years (good Coverage CB's and sacks/pressures), Putting guys like Forbes on top WR and got us behind from the jump. THEN the club just said WTF and quit...

Β 

Quit the excuses..just QUIT and LEAVE

• Like 4

When it’s all said and done, hopefully early Monday morning, Ron Rivera will be able to make a lot of excuses in the months and years ahead about why things failed here. Β A lot of people especially nationally will give them credence, and even I do to some extent. Β Snyder’s issues, the name change, a subsequent rebrand that has polarized the fanbase, COVID, and his cancer diagnosis all occurring during his tenure here did him no favors. Β Winning in the NFL is hard enough without having to face all that additional adversity. Β I do believe he is a good man and I wish him well when it’s official.

Β 

I am VERY excited for what the future holds. Β I do not believe in β€œcoach centric” and modeling our operations on the Ravens is music to my ears. Β 

• Like 1

We all already basically knew, but hearing Rivera casually confirm that Harris will be separating the coaching and personnel responsibility was interesting on multiple levels. It means Harris has already spoken frankly with Rivera about it. It means Rivera is already directly acknowledging he’s gone, which usually gets awkwardly tap-danced around until it actually happens. It means we can stop responding to idiots who post about Belichick and the like.Β 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Β 

Circumstances? Like taking on GM duties when he wasn't qualified for it??

Ron isn't really doing GM duties. He hired the Martins to do that for him. And I'm fine with him claiming the power to choose his GMs, it was his way of ensuring there wouldn't be a new Bruce to replace the old one. I'm just not fine with how poor a job he did in choosing who to hire, how poor a job he has done in coaching the team.

Β 

I even still give Ron credit for cleaning out the toxic front office that had built up under Bruce and Snyder. Yes, Jason Wright is managing that part of the team currently, but Jason only got hired in August, a full offseason after Ron joined the team and went to work. So I give kudos to Ron for doing what had to be done. But he's sucked at everything since his first season ended.

Edited by NickyJ

50 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Ron isn't really doing GM duties. He hired the Martins to do that for him. And I'm fine with him claiming the power to choose his GMs, it was his way of ensuring there wouldn't be a new Bruce to replace the old one. I'm just not fine with how poor a job he did in choosing who to hire, how poor a job he has done in coaching the team.

Β 

I even still give Ron credit for cleaning out the toxic front office that had built up under Bruce and Snyder. Yes, Jason Wright is managing that part of the team currently, but Jason only got hired in August, a full offseason after Ron joined the team and went to work. So I give kudos to Ron for doing what had to be done. But he's sucked at everything since his first season ended.

Jason was imposed on Dan by the nfl. That had nothing to do with Ron.

3 hours ago, markmills67 said:

I thought we already had 90+m in 24 ? Before any releases?

Β 

I'm going off of Over The Cap. They have us at $78m (which is the most in the NFL). But we are going to be rolling $8m over from this year, which will put us at $86m. So close to $90m ... we quickly get over $90 once we start making some cuts. Logan Thomas being a logical one, puts us over $93m. It also depends on where the projected cap ends up settling. OTC is just using placeholders for the expected cap space and the number are not an exact science.

Β 

But yes, for now, $78m + $8m gets us to $86m before any additional roster moves.Β 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Conn said:

We all already basically knew, but hearing Rivera casually confirm that Harris will be separating the coaching and personnel responsibility was interesting on multiple levels. It means Harris has already spoken frankly with Rivera about it. It means Rivera is already directly acknowledging he’s gone, which usually gets awkwardly tap-danced around until it actually happens. It means we can stop responding to idiots who post about Belichick and the like.Β 

Not only that but I think EB said β€œnext head man” or something like that in his press conference. These guys have probably known for weeks they are not coming back

Quan Martin is becoming the new Sam Howell with Ron.Β  Until the last few weeks, Ron seemed to be selling his whole tenure on Sam but he's bailed hard off of that.

Β 

So now he's selling one successful pick in the last draft.Β  Bravo.

Β 

the idea that Ron is learning that he's enjoying being a hands on coach for a change is on him.Β  No one stopped him from being hands on previously.

Β 

Β 

Screen Shot 2024-01-05 at 7.37.11 PM.png

I’m thrilled for Rivera that he’ll apparently never struggle with the old β€œif only you could know you were in the good old days while they’re happening” conundrum. He’s in his bliss.Β 

• Like 1

Synder was already known as the NFL’s worst owner and a scumbag, when Ron accepted the job.

Β 

It was also known this was a franchise players avoided.

Β 

So while no one could’ve predicted Dan’s and the organization’s misdeeds would come to light, the George Floyd shooting protest lead to an environment where name was changed, and Ron getting cancer; that doesn’t excuse him one bit.

Β 

He knew he was walking into a ****ty situation but jumped at it, because Dan gave him full control; which he was unqualified for.

Β 

You are 100% responsible for your failure here and that’s why you will be unemployed on Monday.

• 88Comrade2000 changed the title to πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Oh Baby, Just Fire Ron in 2 more days.πŸ˜„

Ron's happy with his two successful draft picks. One playing a different position that he was drafted for. Good job.

Β 

Ron said **** it after Shen gave Jack his marching orders and is an out dated young man again, just coaching defense.Β 

Β 

It's gotta really suck to play for him.

Ron’s image among the nfl has remained the same and his Commanders tenure will be excused because Snyder was his boss.

Β 

Though if one takes an honest look at his career, he was a mediocre coach.

Β 

Carolina. Was there for 9 seasons, fired with 4 games left in his 9th season. Had 4 playoff seasons, one playoff season with a losing record. He had only 3 winning seasons.

Β 

Washington. Had 1 playoff season and that was with a losing record. Had no winning seasons.

Β 

The respect he gets in league circles is unjustified.

• Like 1