Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

19 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

I suspect Harris is going to let Rivera finish out the season, and allow a well-respected NFL coach to save face among his NFL peers and community when he does exit. WhileΒ  some impatient fans want Rivera booted to the curb now, I think Harris' approach is a more professional and respectful way forward, and highlights how it's not "Snyder-style business" in Washington anymore.

Β 

Moreover, Harris exhibiting patience and respect for an outgoing head coach, and giving him an agreed-upon shot to try to manage a turnaround, is a good look for the new ownership, and may help to entice talented candidates for when the head-coaching position does become open. (After all, most candidates would appreciate working for a front office that would allow them the time they needed to build a winner, rather than have to worry about how an overly-reactive ownership might impatiently 'pull the trigger' on their NFL coaching career.)

Exactly.

Β 

And I'm glad Harris isn't listening to overly emotional short sighted fans.Β 

• Like 3

Ron failed by doing nothing. He let JDR and EB run the show. I don't know what he did on Sundays. As far as him being fired..in season..if he didn't jettison JDR he would have. Somebody has to answer for the last 2 weeks. EB is only a year in with what he inherited (bad assets). JDR was given EVERYTHING. For 4 years he got premium draft selections (I gotta believe he chose the players)..then he failed me manage and mature them (Young, Forbes, Davis..etc) I can't think of a worse performance....yes..he had decent late season defenses in years past (still under performed with these assets/mismatched players).

Β 

Ron is/was way too late to get into JDR's business which is why he's a bad HC and won't be back in ANY capacity. He sat on his ass and watched as the team deteriorate and ONLY acted out of self preservation...

Β 

OK..let him leave with dignity..that is ALL he's due. He should NOT be hanging around this club come January.

• Like 5

Harris can’t fire Ron now because if you’re down to Ron as HC/DC and seemingly secondary coach apprentice, if you fire that guy the next guy to be DC is probably Kendall Fuller. Β Who is still playing. Β 
Β 

If Ron wanted to ensure he was staying through the end of the year, this was the way to do it. Β I think he was staying regardless. Β 
Β 

But there’s no way Josh can fire Ron now. Β 
Β 

He will be officially informed he has been relieved of his duties between 10 minutes and 24 hours after the end of the season.

Β 

That needs to be good enough.Β 

• Like 7

This organization needs to find their own Kevin Colbert who will find his Mike Tomlin.Β  It pays to have stability.Β  At the end of the season, this team will start taking steps to being a stabile organization for the first time in a really long time after decades of dysfunction.

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Jay is not wrong. Ron is a horrible coach and talent evaluator. Nothing is salvageable except Howell and the Gruden players (McLaurin, Allen, and Payne).Β 

Payne plays sensational in his last year of a contract and then goes back to his normal play after his big payday. No to Payne, IMO.Β 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Harris can’t fire Ron now because if you’re down to Ron as HC/DC and seemingly secondary coach apprentice, if you fire that guy the next guy to be DC is probably Kendall Fuller. Β Who is still playing. Β 
Β 

If Ron wanted to ensure he was staying through the end of the year, this was the way to do it. Β I think he was staying regardless. Β 
Β 

But there’s no way Josh can fire Ron now. Β 
Β 

He will be officially informed he has been relieved of his duties between 10 minutes and 24 hours after the end of the season.

Β 

That needs to be good enough.Β 

Β 

The last game is at home, I want to see right when it says Final on the scoreboard, Harris running onto the field waving arms at Ron and simply:

Β 

giphy.gif

Β 

Haha, but yeah, Ron will stay out the season, be let go rather quickly, as well as most, if not all, of the office.

Β 

Then Harris and Co hires a true GM then sits back and lets the GM take charge.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

This organization needs to find their own Kevin Colbert who will find his Mike Tomlin.Β  It pays to have stability.Β  At the end of the season, this team will start taking steps to being a stabile organization for the first time in a really long time after decades of dysfunction.

Very well said.

Β 

I, for one, simply cannot wait until this offseason. Β I can't remember the last time I was more stoked for an offseason. Β I'm so excited to see Harris clean house and who he brings in to run the new FO. Β Then, I can't wait to see who the next GM hires for the HC, and who the HC hires for his staff. Β It's gonna be a shock to the system to see a normal order or command around this organization. Β What's more, to see talented people in charge for once!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Offseason fittin' to be wild.

Β 

Between the massive amount of player personnel holes, the entire coaching staff purge, the FO dump, and the vital improvement of team facilities plus the continued work at Fed Ex that needs to be done, we are set for insane amount of turnover, probably more than I've ever seen before. Not to mention all the other changes that are probably gonna occur too.

Β 

We got cap space, we got a owner willing to spend some cash and we have draft capital. Hopefully that gets capped w/ a really high first rounder.

Β 

Β 

And on top of all thatΒ  I'll finally... FINALLY... get that new Jumbo-tron we so badly need.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 3

If we get a new GM and new HC, to go along with the new owner, I wonder how long it would take for us to have a winning franchise. I'm 41 years old and I feel like we've been hideous my entire life. I realize that we won three Super Bowls and the last one when I was just 9 years old. However I had no extreme passion and love for football back then sadly. I was about 12 years old whenever that unfortunately kicked in. It's been a rough, painfilled 3 decades. Is it possible for us to turn it around in one of two years? My patience is worn very, very, thin.

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

the second the season ends he's out.

Β 

tired of hearing belichick rumors. they need to focus on a young OC.

Β 

all the good teams in the league have a young OC who's not a retread. SF with Shanahan Jr. Colts with Streichen, Eagles with Sirianni, Miami with McDaniel. A good offensive coordinator poached from elsewhere can do wonders here.

• Like 1

That article says Ron has "earned the right" to remain until the end of the season. I hate reading that based on the way this season has gone, forget about what he went through in the other years. He really has "earned the right" to be fired this week.

Β 

I know...the idea is to make Josh look benevolent, not making rash decisions. It would not be a rash move to can Ron, but I know he will possibly begrudgingly stay on the sidelines. can only hope the team can play respectfully until the end of the season and not deal with any major injuries.Β 

I love this part

Β 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/widely-assumed-commanders-will-fire-ron-rivera-after-season-washington-could-be-looking-for-new-gm-as-well/

Β 

"Everyone's shooting for Washington," one personnel executive said of the Commanders not-vacant GM position.

Washington has a healthy salary cap situation, good draft picks and an ownership group that -- admittedly not even a half-year into its rule -- appears competent. There's an allure to a job in Washington that hasn't been there for a quarter-century.

Considering Harris' background, a league source tells CBS Sports that any candidate with an open-mindedness to data and analytics will likely be a plus.

• Like 12
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 6

Seems like this weekend would’ve been the time, so I guess Ron is staying through the end of the season. And I’m fine with that, at least where coaching is concerned. I just don’t want him involved in front office decisions. Even if that means… Dare I say… The owner is running things until a permanent GM is hired. I don’t want Ron, or the Marty’s, anywhere near next yearβ€˜s draft board.

On 11/25/2023 at 7:40 AM, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

Do not bet on it, Hue went 0-16 and everyone thought he would be gone but Browns still kept him

100% Ron is done. Β Harris will blow this coaching staff up….and it’s time. Β Way past time.

On 11/25/2023 at 2:34 AM, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Β 

Β 

Jay getting his digs in

Given what a lazy slug he was, he needs to just STFU and go away.

• Thumb up 1

On 11/25/2023 at 8:31 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Can’t speak for Conn, but no way. Β Snyder wreaked havoc on us and worse, many of those who worked for him for over 2 decades. Β Harris could let Ron go 0-17 multiple times and retain him and still have a lot of catching up to do.

Agree.Β  And I am not even a whit worried about Ron staying.

Β 

Sheehan who is plugged in to the #1 minority owner said from what he heard they decided to move on from Rivera BEFORE the season even started.Β  They looked at his tenure and saw enough.Β  This season certainly isn't changing their mind about hey maybe we were wrong for doubting Ron because he's really killing it this season.Β :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

That article says Ron has "earned the right" to remain until the end of the season. I hate reading that based on the way this season has gone, forget about what he went through in the other years. He really has "earned the right" to be fired this week.

Β 

I know...the idea is to make Josh look benevolent, not making rash decisions. It would not be a rash move to can Ron, but I know he will possibly begrudgingly stay on the sidelines. can only hope the team can play respectfully until the end of the season and not deal with any major injuries.Β 

Well, Ron has to stay now since he’s in charge of the O & D. Β I think Harris would have let Ron finish the season anyway. Β We’re done anyway. Β Let Ron β€œretire”.

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Β 

tired of hearing belichick rumors

I don’t believe there is anything to this rumor more than some jackass that gets paid to throw stupid **** against a wall to watch it splatter BUT,

Β 

if this did take place, πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ 🀦