Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

58 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Ron has earned no respect and hasn’t earned any finish on his terms.

This is a Snyder-level reaction. While I am still looking forward to Black Monday more than any game remaining, to say this is just not accurate. He came in during one of the most tumultuous times any team has had in...ever? I can't think of a worse one. He kept this team at least competitive despite congressional investigations, constant noise, and the worst owner in the history of the NFL. Despite all his missteps and poor roster choices, that should not be discounted. Dismissing a coach midseason is rarely helpful. Let him finish out, that message is going to matter.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

This is a Snyder-level reaction. While I am still looking forward to Black Monday more than any game remaining, to say this is just not accurate. He came in during one of the most tumultuous times any team has had in...ever? I can't think of a worse one. He kept this team at least competitive despite congressional investigations, constant noise, and the worst owner in the history of the NFL. Despite all his missteps and poor roster choices, that should not be discounted. Dismissing a coach midseason is rarely helpful. Let him finish out, that message is going to matter.

The whole Ron is a nice guy routine and he did a great job through the Snyder era has worn its welcome for me. There has been too many poor decisions. Then I ask, how much is he doing for the team at this point? He has handed off the games to his two coordinators, he is a figurehead only.

i can however see @Conn's point that intervening now may not look great for future GM and coaching prospects. In fairness though, the ownership took over so late in the game they couldn't really make any  moves earlier even if they wanted to. 

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

Well said.

That's worth a two "point" conversion rather than a single one. Bravo.

Harris has every incentive not to make a move unless he absolutely has too. Like locker room in riot mode situation.

Well, you have Leno, a captain complaining about EB post game and those two getting in each others face on the sidelines. Reports that Jack is actually the HC and players like him. 

Sounds like there is nothing we can do in season to change anything and the locker room is already pissed off.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

The whole Ron is a nice guy routine and he did a great job through the Snyder era has worn its welcome for me. There has been too many poor decisions. Then I ask, how much is he doing for the team at this point? He has handed off the games to his two coordinators, he is a figurehead only.

You're right--and I agree. He has worn out his welcome. He has too many missteps to continue here. But discounting the ****storm he came into is unfair, in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Well, you have Leno, a captain complaining about EB post game and those two getting in each others face on the sidelines. Reports that Jack is actually the HC and players like him. 

Sounds like there is nothing we can do in season to change anything and the locker room is already pissed off.

Welp, several of us pointed out, you included, that fear. With a hard-A coach like EB, players need to have something to show for getting their tails ridden. Especially when the guy giving the orders has absolutely nothing to his name.

With his style of coaching, the snowball potential is real. You can see problems arise way faster than normal. Now we have 3 game losing streak. Were getting embarrassed on national TV. We are sending our players out in meaningless situations to go take lumps... twice. How long until players get to the end of their rope?

We either need to get some wins on the board or EBs abrasiveness will get us to riot mode by himself. We are not there yet tho, but there are certainly signs of cracks.

• Like 4

Instead of firing Ron...I vouch for firing our current "GM" ....whoever that is,  then let Harris group pick the replacement GM....have the new GM evaluate what's going on and clean house at the end of the year.   That is our best move at the moment 

• Like 3

Ive been watching other games all

day. I thought it was illegal to rush the qb with more than 4 players, and illegal to press the wide receivers at the line of scrimmage. Or even better illegal to run plays that allow a qb to sneak for a first down……… 

11 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Instead of firing Ron...I vouch for firing our current "GM" ....whoever that is,  then let Harris group pick the replacement GM....have the new GM evaluate what's going on and clean house at the end of the year.   That is our best move at the moment 

The GM is ron

1 minute ago, tomwvr said:

Ive been watching other games all

day. I thought it was illegal to rush the qb with more than 4 players, and illegal to press the wide receivers at the line of scrimmage. Or even better illegal to run plays that allow a qb to sneak for a first down……… 

The GM is ron

I thought it was Mayhew....he's the one actually full time in the FO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Welp, several of us pointed out, you included, that fear. With a hard-A coach like EB, players need to have something to show for getting their tails ridden. Especially when the guy giving the orders has absolutely nothing to his name.

With his style of coaching, the snowball potential is real. You can see problems arise way faster than normal. Now we have 3 game losing streak. Were getting embarrassed on national TV. We are sending our players out in meaningless situations to go take lumps... twice. How long until players get to the end of their rope?

We either need to get some wins on the board or EBs abrasiveness will get us to riot mode by himself. We are not there yet tho, but there are certainly signs of cracks.

These loosers have no leg to stand on with EB. The only one if that i would listen to if they complained would be Terry the rest of them can pound sand until they prove they can win

1 minute ago, srtman04 said:

I thought it was Mayhew....he's the one actually full time in the FO

In name only Ron makes all the decisions

• Thumb up 1

Just now, DWinzit said:

Mayhew is listed as the GM...

Thats like saying the husband is the boss at home when we al know the wives are really in charge

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

So if they loose by 20 to atlanta next week can the new owners allow that? See I think you would have to at least fire Jack if atlanta puts up 30-40 points

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Thats like saying the husband is the boss at home when we al know the wives are really in charge

Still Mayhew needs to be fired,  Ron stripped of any "GM" duties and focus only on coaching.   Harris then hires his own GM...and they evaluate the rest of the season before making any cut throat decisions.  This is the best path forward and something we haven't tried in over 25 years.  

Edited by srtman04

5 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Still Mayhew needs to be fired,  Ron stripped of any "GM" duties and focus on coaching.   Harris then hires his own GM...and they evaluate the rest of the season before making any cut throat decisions.  This is the best path forward and something we haven't tried in over 25 years.  

No argument. But will Ron “retire” if they taek full control away from him

Eagles rush six on 4th down- Stafford no time to throw. If they were playing us we would have rushed 4 and the Rams get a first down…

and that is why jack should be fired 

Edited by tomwvr

I spoke about the leadership style EB uses is more like a boot camp type style during TC. Works great initially and with recruits/ rookies. Wears thin real quick beyond that. Not saying that you don't need discipline and toughness but there are better ways to go about it. I would not want him as the face of the franchise.

I'm seeing major cracks....Ron is making a mess of this team and EB's play-calling is gonna get people hurt. First and foremost they better figure out how to develop and protect Howell rather than focusing on winning games. Next, the defense is a ****ing disaster that needs changes asap. 

I didn't like RR telling the halftime reporter that he let the players try and figure it out while getting their asses handed to them by a winless team on national tv. That wasn't taking accountability for the product he put on the field. He put it all on the players. 

We have an opportunity to identify and hire the best available coach out there right now if we know we're moving on from RR. Why wait? Who cares how it looks if you get a great head coach in here who turns things around? 

• Like 2

On 10/7/2023 at 11:48 AM, NoVaSkins21 said:

This team barely won last year vs the Bears and this year they were blown out this time around.  

Its a game of inches. Remember last years game vs the Bears, Mooney makes that catch, 2 more inches and he crosses the plain, touchdown, Bears win 14-12. Fast forward to Thursdays game. Fuller has the jump on another later pass from Fields on that key 3rd down in the 4th ( which we never made him pay for, he throws with NO anticipation, he's usually late on all his throws) Everyone though that was gonna be a pick 6, again a couple more inches by Fuller and he gets that pick 6 cause he's the most trusted DB we know who could pull it off. The game is 30-27 and has a completely different feel. But the game ends up 40-20 and history will show it was a huge blowout..

23 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Its a game of inches. Remember last years game vs the Bears, Mooney makes that catch, 2 more inches and he crosses the plain, touchdown, Bears win 14-12. Fast forward to Thursdays game. Fuller has the jump on another later pass from Fields on that key 3rd down in the 4th ( which we never made him pay for, he throws with NO anticipation, he's usually late on all his throws) Everyone though that was gonna be a pick 6, again a couple more inches by Fuller and he gets that pick 6 cause he's the most trusted DB we know who could pull it off. The game is 30-27 and has a completely different feel. But the game ends up 40-20 and history will show it was a huge blowout..

Good post. That throw Fields threw was stupid. 9 times out of 10 that's a pick 6. Never throw curls when the defender is on the inside. Kendall made a great effort, no fault to him. 

I may have misunderstood the post. I would love for Ron to be given the boot now. If he fails to improve things by the bye; you can see Ron fired and EB getting the interim gig.

By being able to dictate his exit, I thought he was talking about the end of season. Ron dictating how he leaves after the season is over.  Ron doesn’t get that right. On Black Sunday/ Monday: 1/7-8/24; Ron is being dismissed. Once the season mercifully ends; Ron is no longer the coach. There doesn’t even need to be a long meeting. Josh just tells Ron thanks for his time but he’s moving on. No need to review season or see how Ron would say 24 would be better. Season ends, just a quick straight up dismissal.

Actually, firing at the bye wouldn’t just be great to see EB as interim but it will give us a jump on getting a Gm in place. So, maybe once we’ve reached 1/8/24; we won’t be behind in our coaching search. It would better if the Gm did all the searching; then having Josh and Co. do initial rounds of interviewing before the Gm can be hired.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 1

Fine with waiting until after the season to fire Ron.  I don't see what a mid-season fire accomplishes.  If we already had a coach lined up who could get the players acclimated to the system it would make sense, but that kind of stuff never happens mid-season.

The lack of quality drafting and player development is what concerns me the most.  I don't see this roster getting better throughout his tenure, perhaps marginally at best.  His lack of charisma on the sidelines makes me wonder what he is saying and doing during practice and team meetings.  I respect the heck out of Ron Rivera, he is an old school guy with integrity, but I think this team needs a coach who can bring a fresh outlook and an updated perspective on the modern NFL.  

• Like 2

Quality coaches have stayed away from Snyderland knowing it was almost as much of a death sentence as working for Al Davis. Harris needs to repair that image, and firing a coach mid season barring a public locker room revolt would do more damage than good.  Rivera is not a long term solution by any means, but unceremoniously dumping him mid season might impede finding one.

• Like 4