Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

Rivera isn't getting fired. This guy is in the coziest hot seat.

- Snyder won't fire him, because Rivera manages his PR.

- His GM's won't fire him, because he hired them.

- Tanya won't do it, because she's just a stand in piece.

- Jason Wright is there to smile and keep Tanya happy. 😶

Edited by primetime441
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, primetime441 said:

Rivera isn't getting fired. This guy is in the coziest hot seat.

- Snyder won't fire him, because Rivera manages his PR.

- His GM's won't fire him, because he hired them in.

- Tanya won't do it, because she's just a stand in piece.

- Jason Wright is there to smile and keep Tanya happy. 😶

While Dan sits in a corner crying… ?

• Haha 1

Just now, posse87 said:

No one would want this job. It’s a career killer

Amen to that. The only people who leave here and succeed are the ones who ownership overlooked in the first place because they weren't 'big names': McVay, Kyle, etc.

Shanahan won two Superb Owls, and left here after a disastrous 2013 season, never to be hired by any NFL team again.

Zorn and Gruden have disappeared.

Gibbs escaped into retirement.

Spurrier escaped back to college.

Schottenheimer and Norv Turner at least continued to work in the NFL, but that's about it.

This franchise is like a car wash in reverse...people get dirtier after they're done here!

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Winning off the field said:

Offer unlimited free booze and bring back VP Scot McCloughan

His drafting was ass. His whole thing was supposed to be looking a prospect in the eye and deciding if they were tough, if they loved football or not. And then he drafted Josh Doctson, Sua Cravens, and Matt Jones with premium picks—3 of the softest players this team has had in my lifetime, with two of them being completely mentally out of the game. Scott came from the old football world. He talked a good game but he was a fraud in this new dynamic league. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Conn said:

His drafting was ass. His whole thing was supposed to be looking a prospect in the eye and deciding if they were tough, if they loved football or not. And then he drafted Josh Doctson, Sua Cravens, and Matt Jones with premium picks—3 of the softest players this team has had in my lifetime, with two of them being completely mentally out of the game. Scott came from the old football world. He talked a good game but he was a fraud in this new dynamic league. 

In 2015, Scherff, Preston Smith, Jamison Crowder and Kyshoen Jarrett were all hits (I feel Jarrett would've become a high end starter for us had he not gotten hurt). Reiter, the 7th round pick, wasn't a great pick for us but great value for the Chiefs lol

In 2016, Fuller and Io were hits. Sudfeld is still in the league although not a hit for us

In summary, 2015 was a great draft and 2016 was slightly below average due to the misses on Doctson and Cravens

7 minutes ago, method man said:

In 2015, Scherff, Preston Smith, Jamison Crowder and Kyshoen Jarrett were all hits (I feel Jarrett would've become a high end starter for us had he not gotten hurt). Reiter, the 7th round pick, wasn't a great pick for us but great value for the Chiefs lol

In 2016, Fuller and Io were hits. Sudfeld is still in the league although not a hit for us

In summary, 2015 was a great draft and 2016 was slightly below average due to the misses on Doctson and Cravens

I’m not arguing he never drafted a good player, but there’s context to a lot of that as well. You’re right that he did pretty well on mid-late rounders in his short time here. But for instance Jamison Crowder—sure, he was a hit in that he was a rare productive (if average in terms of league-wide talent) 4th round slot WR. Good on the surface. Except in getting him we traded down and out of Tyler Lockett with the Seahawks, who was and still is a far superior player. That’s a net loss. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Conn said:

I’m not arguing he never drafted a good player, but there’s context to a lot of that as well. You’re right that he did pretty well on mid-late rounders in his short time here. But for instance Jamison Crowder—sure, he was a hit in that he was a rare productive (if average in terms of league-wide talent) 4th round slot WR. Good on the surface. Except in getting him we traded down and out of Tyler Lockett with the Seahawks, who was and still is a far superior player. That’s a net loss. 

Ehhh I give him credit for drafting a position of strength late in the draft and don't ding him for missing Lockett late or Diggs late. I criticize more if this sort of thing happens in Day 1 and Day 2

Ron & co don't do the no brainer thing of drafting deep positions. Reaching for Mathis in rd 2 in a bad DT draft and not taking a MLB in one of the deepest off ball linebacker drafts is an example of that

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Conn said:

Scot was also not allowed to hire any scouts or personnel of his own. He was allowed to try and get his right hand man Alonzo Highsmith but never came to fruition. 

A lot of off field misses are because of scouts inability to get the right information from convos with coaching staffs and the like. Thats generally not the Lead decision makers job. He cant check in on every single mid round prospect. Hes pretty much watching only the tape. The top guys like Doctson sure and by all accounts from what I remember was that he did love the game but was unknown about how he would respond being so far away from home. 

I put a little blame on Scot but I cant really say that his tenure was a failure. He wasnt really afforded the opportunity to work under situations nearly every single FO head would be able to make. 

• Thumb up 1

38 minutes ago, Conn said:

I honestly wondered if he was just so inebriated, it wasn’t possible for him to function remotely close to what’s required of someone in his position.

It wasn’t but a few months on the job when his wife tweeted that Russini was hiding the sausage for a scoop.  Every time we saw him his skin tone gave Shanny a run for his money.  Bringing him to Ashburn in that environment was detrimental to any possible chance he had to lay off the sauce.

We we’re all so thirsty for someone with actual scouting experience to pick the groceries, we were willing to overlook his transgressions and just how risky it was given the frat like atmosphere of Redskins Park.  

9 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

He wasnt really afforded the opportunity to work under situations nearly every single FO head would be able to make

This is the story for every prominent position in this organization.

• Like 1

Scott was drinking heavily from the git go. But he was what some call a "high functioning" or "managing" alcoholic (which are somewhat silly terms unless you really understand how they're meant to be applied) . So yeah, he was ass most of the time compared to his earlier days.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Amen to that. The only people who leave here and succeed are the ones who ownership overlooked in the first place because they weren't 'big names': McVay, Kyle, etc.

Shanahan won two Superb Owls, and left here after a disastrous 2013 season, never to be hired by any NFL team again.

Zorn and Gruden have disappeared.

Gibbs escaped into retirement.

Spurrier escaped back to college.

Schottenheimer and Norv Turner at least continued to work in the NFL, but that's about it.

This franchise is like a car wash in reverse...people get dirtier after they're done here!

Hey hey hey, wait a second.

Spurrier is the one who filled the team up with Gators who had failed everywhere, thinking that they just needed his magical scheme.

Zorn made some very obvious mistakes.

Jay Gruden, also, was given a lot of leeway. The stories about him (like the ones with DJ Swearinger) are crazy and have nothing to do with the org.

Everyone else... yeah. Reverse car wash.

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

This was more of a bruce problem from what I had been told. 

Yes, from what I heard, all organizational problems are traceable to Bruce. Not sure where I heard that, but yeah, org should be good now. Bruce gone = we good

/sarcasm

• Thumb up 1

Bring in people you know isnt the issue. As a manager you dont bring people in that "argue with you" as some of suggested, no manager or CEO wants that!

The issue is simple, they havent drafted well. Davis, Young, Cosmi, St-Juste, Brown, Gibson, Charles, Gandy-Golden all were drafted in the first 4 rounds I think. That is a 1-4 roster, pretty simple.

44 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

Bring in people you know isnt the issue. As a manager you dont bring people in that "argue with you" as some of suggested, no manager or CEO wants that!

The issue is simple, they havent drafted well. Davis, Young, Cosmi, St-Juste, Brown, Gibson, Charles, Gandy-Golden all were drafted in the first 4 rounds I think. That is a 1-4 roster, pretty simple.

The only impressive pick out of this batch is St Juste and he still needs to prove that he can hold as a starting corner. Young and Cosmi were no brainers.

3 hours ago, Jumbo said:

Scott was drinking heavily from the git go. But he was what some call a "high functioning" or "managing" alcoholic (which are somewhat silly terms unless you really understand how they're meant to be applied) . So yeah, he was ass most of the time compared to his earlier days.

Sadly, the heavy alcoholic had the most success, was the brightest spot, and was the best personnel man we've had under Snyder's tenure(despite still being interfered with by Bruce/Dan).

Edited by Peregrine