Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

58 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I like Ron and think he is a good coach but he needs to be fired from being responsible for personnel. He has completely **** the bed in that area. Unfortunately, you probably have to fire him as coach in order to make that happen.

people have begun saying this almost as a disclaimer. But why do you think Rivera is a good coach? Honest question, if you had to break it down, why do you think you think that? That was also my impression when he got here despite all the losing he’d done, but I feel awake now.
Β 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2

You know what’s even more sad, the next guy will be worse.

Β 

If Dan is really money strapped but decides to bite the bullet on Ron; he will go cheap on the next guy.

Β 

GM- Dan will not do this. Find a quality Gm and let the Gm hire the coach.

Β 

I say odds are very strong Dan keeps Martin as GM and then works with Martin in finding a cheap coach. Either a retread desperate for a job or low level assistant. Whatever the cheapest route.

Β 

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Conn said:

people have begun saying this almost as a disclaimer. But why do you think Rivera is a good coach? Honest question, if you had to break it down, why do you think you think that? That was also my impression when he got here despite all the losing he’d done, but I feel awake now.
Β 

He coached a version of Cam Newton on a one in a million heater one time.Β 
Β 

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

55 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

RomanΒ 
Leftwich

Waldron

Β 

I’d do it after this season if they don’t get to nine wins.

Β 

Β 

Leftwich is AWFUL and almost managing to do the impossible in wasting Brady. He runs on 1st down at the leagues highest rate at a predictably low efficiency, it’s driving Bucs fans and beat writers insane. Arians used to overrule this sort of **** but it’s Leftwich’s bread and butter. He has the best QB of all time and is choosing to be the type of dinosaur we hate despite being in a young man’s body. He is not the guy.Β 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, Conn said:

Β 

I'll give you a few of reasons why I thought he was a good coach, though honestly, I'm starting to waver:

Β 

1. From his time in Carolina, his early teams improved year to year until they went 15-1 and made the SB. He took over a 2-14 mess, and they were respectable quickly.

2. His teams, even here, have improved throughout the season.

3. He hasn't lost a team.Β  They are mostly in it right until the end.Β  The worst team he had in Carolina, Kyle Allen and Taylor Hienicke were playing QB because Newton was hurt. (Why he brought them here, no idea. But that's more on the personnel side than the coach side.

4. I always thought his teams were well prepared and tough.Β 

Β 

That's why I liked him.Β  After 2020, I thought all of those things still held true, and he managed to get 7 wins from Haskins, Smith and Kyle Allen.Β  While battling Cancer during COVID.

Β 

2021, he got 7 wins out of Hienicke, and might have gotten one or two more had the team not been decimated by COVID and injury for a 3-4 game stretch where they had to have a game postponed and play a QB who had been in the building for 72 hours.Β Β 

Β 

Those are things I think are fairly impressive.

Β 

However, I think the early results are they completely blew it this off-season.Β  They got Wentz, had what I think might still be a good draft (Dotson looks like a great pick, BRobinson looked that way in pre-season. Bad luck about Robinson.Β  But that's it.Β  They lost both starting guards and their center was coming off of a season ending injury.Β  And they did just about nothing to get better on the OL.Β Β 

Β 

Total fail.Β  With the 14 GMs in the building, I can't believe none of them didn't realize that was a really, really bad plan.Β Β 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Conn said:

I don't know. I always thought of him as a good coach before he got here and I try not to think less of any coach who comes to Washington based on the inevitable failures they will experience here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaytoAli said:

Yep

I would LOVE Ben Johnson from the Lions. The offensive output his team is displaying is so impressive, especially today with Swift and both starting receivers out. Dude was a Comp Sci major in school while playing QB at UNC - you know he is damn smart

Β 

Pairing him with a veteran former HC as DC like Vic Fangio would be fantasticΒ 

Edited by method man
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, method man said:

I would LOVE Ben Johnson from the Lions. The offensive output his team is displaying is so impressive, especially today with Swift and both starting receivers out. Dude was a Comp Sci major in school while playing QB at UNC - you know he is damn smart

Β 

No more retreads….he was great 3 good years in San Fran, but meh every where else.

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Β 

Β 

It's hilarious to see the public perception of Snyder as impatient and trigger happy. But in reality he is patient to his detriment.Β 

Β 

If anything he was too early with his approach because now he's stuck with Rivera and Gruden for too long and never made the intelligent Shanahan, Jr. or McVay hire.

Β 

He just can't seem to change course fast anymore when the rest of the league has actually adopted his early method.Β  You don't need 5 years to build a winner in this league and you haven't in decades.Β Β 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, method man said:

Β 

I wanted to say I think this is the best idea I’ve read on here during the post game. Β I’d add Zimmer as a possibility if it’s not Fangio. Β Whoever it is, will need to come in a show what the plan is for Young/Davis/St Juste/Curl/Forrest. Β How can we best utilize them. Β 
Β 

He was in Miami with Vance Joseph. Β He’s currently the DC in Arizona, so getting him would be a lateral move though.

Β 

Totally unrelated, Aldrick Robinson is now coaching for the dolphins.

There's no point in firing anyone mid-season.Β  Mid-season firings make it look like you want to humiliate someone, not make the team better.Β  Β These coaches move around so much that everyone knows everyone else.

Β 

That being said, if I were to get rid of someone mid-season, it would be the QB coach and I'd replace him with someone who had actual experience being an NFL QB.

47 minutes ago, theTruthTeller said:

There's no point in firing anyone mid-season.Β  Mid-season firings make it look like you want to humiliate someone, not make the team better.Β  Β These coaches move around so much that everyone knows everyone else.

Β 

That being said, if I were to get rid of someone mid-season, it would be the QB coach and I'd replace him with someone who had actual experience being an NFL QB.

Unless hes damaging your future. By example playing Carson beyond the 70% threshold.Β