Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2022 - {{SUPERBOWL 57}} ~ THE CHIEFS vs. THE EAGLES

zCommander

Cousins is a WCO QB through and through.  The short to intermediate high percentage passes have always inflated his stats, but when he plays a defense that is able to buckle down, he starts looking like a deer in headlights with his decision making.  He isn't incapable of being good at times, but I still can't believe the Vikings paid him all that money not once, but twice. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Man…..what was hopefully going to be two good MNF games, turned into complete duds. Sad. 

oh joy….cowboys giants next Monday….gross. 

Yes, I despise when this happens. Four teams that I don't really care about. The least that I ask for is an intriguing, competitive game from atleast one of the games but nope, two curbstompings 😡😡

Edited by AlwaysBeRedskins2Me

All Hurts did was run a bootleg, throw slant/check down, over and over again. I even mentioned that I was surprised that the Vikings didn't adjust, 40 minutes later the announcers say the same thing, the Viks never adjusted. They were putting big hits on Hurts and then they just stopped trying...seems like no D coordinator knows that they're doing.

4 hours ago, Simmsy said:

All Hurts did was run a bootleg, throw slant/check down, over and over again. I even mentioned that I was surprised that the Vikings didn't adjust, 40 minutes later the announcers say the same thing, the Viks never adjusted. They were putting big hits on Hurts and then they just stopped trying...seems like no D coordinator knows that they're doing.

Agreed, that was what made it so frustrating to watch, it was like the same bootleg/throw over and over.  It sort of looks like what Russell Wilson was doing earlier in his career before he became more comfortable inside the pocket.  It looks like they key to slowing down Hurts is containing the edges and forcing him to make as many passes from the pocket as possible because once he rolls out it freezes the defense due to them having to worry about him taking off running.   Is our front seven up to the task? I sure hope so, and this is where JDR should utilize Jamin Davis's speed to close in on Hurts every time he rolls out, use him as a QB spy. 

I'll be honest, the Eagles looked pretty good last night, but what they run is so simple, you do wonder if they are a team that is going to peak early in the season and come back to earth once the coordinators around the league realize that the Eagles O-coordinator is trying to use all that moving around by Hurts as a way to protect his average passing. 

Edited by NoCalMike

The Steelers have to play Picket at this point. I know I was the guy boosting him in the draft thread. But he is a far better QB than Trubisky. He just is. This is a different time for Tomlin. He has had a stable franchise QB his entire career until now. Time to bite the bullet and put the rook in. 

• Like 1