Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskin Clothing

Welsh Redskin

Morning all,

Here in the UK I'm still wearing my Redskins clothing (caps, hoodies and jerseys) and nobody even notices. I'm coming to the states in 2 weeks (finally bringing kids to Disney) and was wondering what people's experiences are at the moment of wearing Redskin merchandise in the US? I do have a Commanders Cap that was bought for me and I'm wondering if I'm better off wearing that. Have any of you guys had negative experiences wearing Redskins gear since the change? 

Thanks

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Welsh Redskin said:

Morning all,

Here in the UK I'm still wearing my Redskins clothing (caps, hoodies and jerseys) and nobody even notices. I'm coming to the states in 2 weeks (finally bringing kids to Disney) and was wondering what people's experiences are at the moment of wearing Redskin merchandise in the US? I do have a Commanders Cap that was bought for me and I'm wondering if I'm better off wearing that. Have any of you guys had negative experiences wearing Redskins gear since the change? 

Thanks

wear it if you have it. I have no problem with the name change but the history of the team doesn’t change.  

to be fair outside some opposing fans taking some pot shots most people will not care.  The name has been changed so most are moving on.  

• Like 1

I still wear my Redskins hat and t-shirt.  When the name change was a bigger issue, I would get comments from random people.   

Some good and some would be like "take that shirt off"

I will never stop wearing Skins gear, although I did give in and buy a McLaurin Commanders shirt.

I have a bunch of Redskins stuff I wear around the house.  I don't wear it out.

I have some Washington Football Team polos I wear out.  

The one thing I have which still is Redskins and is clearly visible all the time is my license plate.  I'm waiting for them to make a Commander plate before switching.  If they ever do. I haven't switched it to something else more because I don't want to bother with the DMV and don't want to change it twice.  I was hoping they would do a Washington Football Team one, which I would have gotten and probably just kept that forever.  

Though I do like the old Redskins one.  It has the logo on the left and the word Redskins at the bottom.  Honestly, if it didn't actually have the word, I'd probably never change it. 

But I get it, the name is gone, and I'm actually fine with Commanders (unlike a lot of other people), so hopefully they will release a Commanders license plate and I can switch to that.  

Most you'll likely get are people asking your opinion on the situation, usually as some kind of icebreaker which you can expect if your standing in attraction lines.

I'd be more concerned about what your wearing on your feet b/c if your talking Disney World... your footsies are in store for one thing and one thing only.

Mr T Pain GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

That... Place... is... HUGE

Here in Richmond, all I see is Redskins gear being worn. Anywhere I go.

I've yet to see anyone wearing Commanders gear. I'm not even sure if any is for sale yet.

I still wear my black Joe Gibbs Redskins hat (the one with the gold "R" on it) like I have for 35 years.

I still wear my Redskins founders jacket in the fall and winter.

Nobody says anything. In fact all anybody says to me is Commanders is a stupid name and they like the old name better.

It is what it is.

• Thumb up 1

On 7/9/2022 at 11:02 PM, SlinginSammy HOF '63 said:

No longer a fan of this franchise but I still have a ton of Redskins stuff. Programs, ball cards, etc. I still have an autographed single bar helmet with Theismann's autograph on it and I'll never get rid of. Not a fan of this current outfit, but I still have the memories and still a fan of the old Redskins. 

Not to hijack the thread or put  you on the spot but are you going to watch any of the games? 

On 7/9/2022 at 3:41 PM, FootballZombie said:

Most you'll likely get are people asking your opinion on the situation, usually as some kind of icebreaker which you can expect if your standing in attraction lines.

I'd be more concerned about what your wearing on your feet b/c if your talking Disney World... your footsies are in store for one thing and one thing only.

Mr T Pain GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

That... Place... is... HUGE

I just got back after a week. I have never walked so much in my life. I got swollen ankles from all the walking, standing and heat. I ended up wearing compression socks  and it cleared up the swelling. 

I did wear a Redskins Tommy Bahama shirt and a polo on the trip. No one said a word. If you are doing Disney world, go on Guardians of the Galaxy at Epcot. That’s the best ride ever at any Disney resort. 

• Like 1

I stopped wearing gear with the full “R” name years ago, though I still wore stuff that had logos but without the full name. However, I think the bigger issue would be wearing Commodes swag. You’re gonna seriously get clowned wearing that 💩

• Like 1
  • Haha 2