Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official NCAA Football Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I wonder if a GA win would've sent in FSU.  Hard to deny Bama who just beat two time defending Champs and won the SEC.  That gives Texas a claim as the other 1 loss conference champion that beat Bama, but if GA stayed undefeated, much easier to say FSU over Texas due to undefeated record.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I wonder if a GA win would've sent in FSU.  Hard to deny Bama who just beat two time defending Champs and won the SEC.  That gives Texas a claim as the other 1 loss conference champion that beat Bama, but if GA stayed undefeated, much easier to say FSU over Texas due to undefeated record.

Probably. ACC being the last P5 conference in rankings this year probably didn't help. FSUs sos was also in the 50s from what I saw. Much worse than Texas or Bama. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Just means Bama wins another championship.  They will beat Michigan and will beat Washington.  If it's a rematch with Texas, will win revenge matchup.

If by chance Micheatigan wins it all, it will eventually be vacated.

Next year will be more interesting with the expanded playoffs.

You love predicting the worst outcomes for some reason. You’re non stop talking about Trump winning the election and now you’re acting like Alabama is a surefire winner. What’s next, saying the Cowboys are winning the Super Bowl and the Yankees are gonna win the World Series next year? 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Probably. ACC being the last P5 conference in rankings this year probably didn't help. FSUs sos was also in the 50s from what I saw. Much worse than Texas or Bama. 

That shouldn't be the precedent when ot comes to the rankings though. First and foremost should be the record. 

FSU is unbeaten while Alabama and Texas both suffered losses. Hell, even one of the committee members interviewed on BSPN showed their bias by saying FSU wasn't the Sam team due to injury to QB Travis. That shouldn't matter when they kept winning regardless. 

The committee is a load of grade A horse****.  No way two one loss teams should get in above an unbeaten team.

As Norvell said, why play the games and do everything you can to go unbeaten if it doesn't matter in the end.

Pathetic.

HTTR!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, skinsfan4128 said:

That shouldn't be the precedent when ot comes to the rankings though. First and foremost should be the record. 

FSU is unbeaten while Alabama and Texas both suffered losses. Hell, even one of the committee members interviewed on BSPN showed their bias by saying FSU wasn't the Sam team due to injury to QB Travis. That shouldn't matter when they kept winning regardless. 

The committee is a load of grade A horse****.  No way two one loss teams should get in above an unbeaten team.

As Norvell said, why play the games and do everything you can to go unbeaten if it doesn't matter in the end.

Pathetic.

HTTR!

Unbeaten teams have always been left out and not awarded championships etc throughout all of college football’s history 

the point is that there are no auto bids in college right now so there has never been any understanding that an undefeated power 5 team would always or should always be in. It usually worked out but the very fact that there are 5 P5 conferences and 4 spots lends itself to the idea that someone could be left out, even if undefeated. 

Alabama and Texas are both better than FSU. Ga is too and should be in the playoff before FSU.  The system we have allows a committee to pick the best teams. If we are allowing that, then injuries are going to play a factor in the decision making. It doesn’t mean games don’t matter, they clearly do, but the ACC is viewed, correctly imo, as a weaker conference so one extra win in that conference is not as impressive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Unbeaten teams have always been left out and not awarded championships etc throughout all of college football’s history 

the point is that there are no auto bids in college right now so there has never been any understanding that an undefeated power 5 team would always or should always be in. It usually worked out but the very fact that there are 5 P5 conferences and 4 spots lends itself to the idea that someone could be left out, even if undefeated. 

Alabama and Texas are both better than FSU. Ga is too and should be in the playoff before FSU.  The system we have allows a committee to pick the best teams. If we are allowing that, then injuries are going to play a factor in the decision making. It doesn’t mean games don’t matter, they clearly do, but the ACC is viewed, correctly imo, as a weaker conference so one extra win in that conference is not as impressive. 

I don't know why people keep thinking Alabama would automatically beat FSU. They needed a hail mary prayer throw to beat a mediocre Auburn team last week. 

The rationale to keep FSU out cause people are trying to predict how competitive a game might be almost a month from now is everything sports is not supposed to be. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The system we have allows a committee to pick the best teams. If we are allowing that, then injuries are going to play a factor in the decision making. It doesn’t mean games don’t matter, they clearly do, but the ACC is viewed, correctly imo, as a weaker conference so one extra win in that conference is not as impressive. 

Quote from the committee chair:

"Florida State is a different team without Jordan Travis," Corrigan said. "One of the things we do consider is player availability, and our job is to rank the best teams, and in the final decision looking at that, it was Alabama at 4 and Florida State at 5."

If that was the case, Florida State should've been knocked down in the rankings a few weeks ago, instead of waiting until now to screw them. Corrigan and his bunch play us for idiots. I think they feel comfortable doing this now because next year the field is being expanded.

9 hours ago, Hersh said:

I don't know why people keep thinking Alabama would automatically beat FSU. They needed a hail mary prayer throw to beat a mediocre Auburn team last week. 

The rationale to keep FSU out cause people are trying to predict how competitive a game might be almost a month from now is everything sports is not supposed to be. 

it’s hard for me to put much stock in rivalry games played on the road, Auburn has repeatedly played Saban’s teams tough . Anything can happen. Bama won tho. Not really the same as FSU getting manhandled by Boston College for 95% of a game. 

it’s also less about how competitive the names will be who had the better body of work and is the better team now. The only rationale that favors fsu is “well they went undefeated” 

8 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Quote from the committee chair:

"Florida State is a different team without Jordan Travis," Corrigan said. "One of the things we do consider is player availability, and our job is to rank the best teams, and in the final decision looking at that, it was Alabama at 4 and Florida State at 5."

If that was the case, Florida State should've been knocked down in the rankings a few weeks ago, instead of waiting until now to screw them. Corrigan and his bunch play us for idiots. I think they feel comfortable doing this now because next year the field is being expanded.

they should have been knocked down earlier but the committee didn’t have to make that decision until  now so they didn’t. I’m sure they left them and figured they’d probably lose and save them the trouble but that didn’t happen. Oh well, doesn’t change that it was the right decision. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

I love the fact that we have now expanded the college football playoffs to 4 teams.....and people still aren't happy.

You know what would be amazing right about now? A good ol' fashioned New Years Day.

The ****ing Rose Bowl would be #1 Michigan vs #2 Washington. I would absolutely demand that AI Keith Jackson call that ****er.

I assume it would be FSU-Texas in the Orange Bowl and maybe Alabama-Ohio State in the Sugar

Wouldn't that be a fun day?

Remember when sports were fun?

No, we don't want that.

We want games we are unhappy with on New Years Eve that none of us will watch and then a championship game in the middle of January on a random Monday.

I really can't want until next year when the third place team in the SEC (which will be Bama) wins the title. That will be fun,

• Like 2
  • Haha 2