Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official NCAA Football Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

23 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about my trips to Harrisonburg, and its 2-1 ratio, but JMU is not a final destination for a successful football coach, it just doesn’t have the budget. 

This. Apparently we offered cignetti a new deal that would have paid him the most in the Sunbelt. But even that was probably $1.2-1.5 a year. He was making $700k. That can’t touch the $4+ Indiana likely offered. 

We are playing catch-up on the athletic fundraising side for sure. But the fact we were going to pony up 3x what we’ve historically paid coaches is a good sign. We should still be a destination for high level rising coaches. But we’ll always be a stepping stone to P5. 

We are about to have to fork out $$ to retain our basketball coach too. He’s turned around a perennial 8-10 win team into a Top 25 program, but our athletic facilities are top notch so we’ll probably always be one of the “top stepping stones” for rising coaches in most sports. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

This. Apparently we offered cignetti a new deal that would have paid him the most in the Sunbelt. But even that was probably $1.2-1.5 a year. He was making $700k. That can’t touch the $4+ Indiana likely offered. 

We are playing catch-up on the athletic fundraising side for sure. But the fact we were going to pony up 3x what we’ve historically paid coaches is a good sign. We should still be a destination for high level rising coaches. But we’ll always be a stepping stone to P5. 

We are about to have to fork out $$ to retain our basketball coach too. He’s turned around a perennial 8-10 win team into a Top 25 program, but our athletic facilities are top notch so we’ll probably always be one of the “top stepping stones” for rising coaches in most sports. 

Yeah, are we a football school or a basketball school. Cant tell. Seriously, when’s the last time an area school has been in the top 25 for both in the same season?

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Last time couple times I drove through Harrisonburg along I-81, it smelled like **** for a good few miles.  Curiously I don't remember that when I was there (for a year) back in the late 90s. I think there's some horse farm there or something

So maybe thats part of the reason he left.

If you think that smells, then you need to run the interstate through Amarillo, TX. Your olfactory sense will never be the same. 

• Haha 2

On 11/30/2023 at 8:40 PM, JamesMadisonSkins said:

https://jmusportsnews.com/2023/12/01/jmu-football-head-coaching-candidates-to-replace-curt-cignetti/#comments

Poindexter would be exciting.

Just now, Ball Security said:

The committee is going to have a problem. They are going to put in Bama over Texas even though Texas stomped them earlier in the season.

All Ga had to do was win and everything was fine. GA, Michigan, Washington and Texas would have been locks. 

now Bama, Michigan, Wash are locks and they will have to decide Ga or Texas. 

id rather see Ga honestly, they’re the 2 time defending champs. They deserve the open spot over Texas to me. 

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

All Ga had to do was win and everything was fine. GA, Michigan, Washington and Texas would have been locks. 

now Bama, Michigan, Wash are locks and they will have to decide Ga or Texas. 

id rather see Ga honestly, they’re the 2 time defending champs. They deserve the open spot over Texas to me. 

Florida St shouldn’t get shut out if they are undefeated. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Ball Security said:

Florida St shouldn’t get shut out if they are undefeated. 

yeah they should. It sucks but FSU is done. 1) the acc sucks and 2) they looked lousy against Florida and 3) Nobody wants to see them limp into the playoff with a bad backup QB to get smashed by thee far superior teams. 

it is what it is. They’re not in the discussion. The only question at this point is Texas/GA

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

yeah they should. It sucks but FSU is done. 1) the acc sucks and 2) they looked lousy against Florida and 3) Nobody wants to see them limp into the playoff with a bad backup QB to get smashed by thee far superior teams. 

it is what it is. They’re not in the discussion. The only question at this point is Texas/GA

They shouldn’t have rankings then. 

Washington is not a top 5 team, to be honest. They squeaked by an unranked Washington St. Ga, Bama, Michigan, Ohio St, and Texas are all better.

That's pretty terrible officiating.  How can Michigan recover the ball after the play is blown dead?  I mean the refs probably should have allowed the play to continue on a close call like that to begin with, but once you blow it dead, the play should be dead.