Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Football 2023

BRAVEONAWARPATH

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

(Let me check the NCAAF thread to see if anyone is talking about the games this weekend)

I was looking at the schedule.  I guess Florida - Tennessee or Arkansas - A&M are the marquee matchups?  Maybe Clemson - Wake?

I'd love to see if Maryland or Wisconsin can get their crap together long enough to at least scare Michigan and Ohio State, respectively.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Curious why this is your reaction. They’re 3-0, beat App State in Boone who beat #6 Texas A&M and beat MTSU 44-7 who just beat #25 Miami in Miami. 

because you don’t get ranked for beating App State and Middle Tennessee. It doesn’t matter who those teams fluked out and beat 

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Not sure I see the issue in ranking a 3-0 team.  But yes, one game is a fluke. But two games might not be. If Texas A&M lost today then I’d question their original ranking but they beat the #10 team. Jury is out in Miami. We can wait a few weeks to discuss ranking them, but they’ve got the top offense in college football and have beaten two teams who beat ranked teams and we are only 3 weeks into the season. In a transition year when they’re not even eligible for the playoffs, I think it’s worth some credit. 

You must be Tech fans ;)

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Not sure I see the issue in ranking a 3-0 team.  But yes, one game is a fluke. But two games might not be. If Texas A&M lost today then I’d question their original ranking but they beat the #10 team. Jury is out in Miami. We can wait a few weeks to discuss ranking them, but they’ve got the top offense in college football and have beaten two teams who beat ranked teams and we are only 3 weeks into the season. In a transition year when they’re not even eligible for the playoffs, I think it’s worth some credit. 

You must be Tech fans ;)

I'm a FSU fan.  JMU will only get your coaches vote to be ranked, it's just facts my man.

39 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I know they won’t be ranked. But they should be ranked if they keep winning. I’m a homer, but have you seen who’s ranked 20-25 and receiving votes at this point?

I have. 9/10 any one of those teams would beat JMU. Three weeks in D-I n they should already be ranked for beating powerhouses like MTSU and The App State.

Lame facts: I considered going to MTSU but it's in the middle of nowhere. Good music tech program. Also **** App State. It's the one school I got rejected from. Not enough after school activities they said. Hey smoking weed n driving around listening to music after work is plenty of activity. Jerks. 🤭

Oh even if JMU wins out maybe then they'll get into the top 25. Even then who's the biggest program they play? Louisville? 

Edited by Captain Wiggles
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I have. 9/10 any one of those teams would beat JMU. Three weeks in D-I n they should already be ranked for beating powerhouses like MTSU and The App State.

Lame facts: I considered going to MTSU but it's in the middle of nowhere. Good music tech program. Also **** App State. It's the one school I got rejected from. Not enough after school activities they said. Hey smoking weed n driving around listening to music after work is plenty of activity. Jerks. 🤭

Oh even if JMU wins out maybe then they'll get into the top 25. Even then who's the biggest program they play? Louisville? 

Fun fact:  I survived more than a few debate tournaments at JMU when I was in HS and thought I would go there, then I joined the Navy.  Not discounting what the service taught me, I wonder...

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1