Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Football 2023

BRAVEONAWARPATH

11 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

that’s a mid major conference that would never sniff the playoff 

I’d prefer to spread the big 5 out into 8 conferences of 9-11 teams that make geographical sense while absorbing the stronger non big 5 teams.  Instead of having conferences where you don’t play everyone year in, year out.  Expand the playoffs to sixteen teams.  Eliminate the conference championship game. (You end up with 15 playoff games, replacing the revenue from the conference championship games.). Each conference winner of the eight get an automatic bid and the other eight bids are at-large from all teams.  

I have a decent idea how to line them up with the exception of schools in the North East like BC and Cuse.

(Penn St and NC State are both currently in the top 16)

4 hours ago, Ball Security said:

I’d prefer to spread the big 5 out into 8 conferences of 9-11 teams that make geographical sense while absorbing the stronger non big 5 teams.  Instead of having conferences where you don’t play everyone year in, year out.  Expand the playoffs to sixteen teams.  Eliminate the conference championship game. (You end up with 15 playoff games, replacing the revenue from the conference championship games.). Each conference winner of the eight get an automatic bid and the other eight bids are at-large from all teams.  

I have a decent idea how to line them up with the exception of schools in the North East like BC and Cuse.

(Penn St and NC State are both currently in the top 16)

i love it geographically but with the current super conference makeup it wouldn’t make sense. Would want to keep Clemson in there to bump up the prestige of the conference a bit too

8 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

i love it geographically but with the current super conference makeup it wouldn’t make sense. Would want to keep Clemson in there to bump up the prestige of the conference a bit too

I mean, as a Penn State fan, I like the look of that conference for obvious reasons.  But Penn State as the (historically) flagship football program for a conference isn't really enough punch, much as I hate to admit it.

• Like 1

There is probably an alternate universe out there where ESPN didn't collude with the ACC to break up the Big East and football independents PSU and Notre Dame joined it instead of the B1G and whatever ND does.. 

Also Saban decides to come home instead of rebuilding a down and out Bama team and makes WVU a perennial winner in that universe. 😁

Edited by The Evil Genius

9 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Wva has a lot of talent. They must be held back by coaching. The talent disparity was really obvious in person. I know Fuentes left the cupboard bare but I didn’t expect WVa to manhandle them ok both sides of the ball like that. Just an effortless ass kicking 

They weren’t held back by anything tonight. One bad crazy fumble, otherwise a thorough asswhipping 

Edited by PleaseBlitz

46 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Wva has a lot of talent. They must be held back by coaching. The talent disparity was really obvious in person. I know Fuentes left the cupboard bare but I didn’t expect WVa to manhandle them ok both sides of the ball like that. Just an effortless ass kicking 

Bad coaching cost them against Pitt. The Kansas loss was poor play on D, but it was also Kansas using about 45 different formations and taking advantage of a young below average secondary.  

I still think NB has to go for them to get better. And of course, they unfortunately will probably need to find the $"s to keep the freshman stud RB Donaldson. Since these players are now basically free agents to the highest bidder. 

Edited by The Evil Genius