Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Football 2023

BRAVEONAWARPATH

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34907293/police-investigating-scuffle-michigan-st-game

Stay classy Sparty.

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Michigan athletic director Warde Manuel said police are investigating what coach Jim Harbaugh called an assault on two of his players in the tunnel after Michigan's 29-7 win over Michigan State on Saturday.

Video on social media from the Detroit News showed Michigan State players gathered around Michigan defensive back Ja'Den McBurrows throwing punches and kicks.

"What happened after the game is completely unacceptable. I've talked to the commissioner, he's looking into it," Manuel said. "The police are also looking into it, because they've seen the video and they're addressing it. We will leave it in their hands, but this is not how we should interact after a game.

"This is not the way another team should grab a player and do what they did, it's completely and utterly unacceptable. We will let the Big Ten and law enforcement handle it, but this is not what a rivalry should be about."

I'm totally not going to be judgmental about this, and definitely not going to let and perceived rivalries color my opinion of what happened :)

Just going to throw out that there was also a halftime incident between Michigan and Penn State and Michigan appears to be the common thread here.

Yes, I'm just poking the bear because Michigan handed us our asses.

• Thanks 1

On 10/30/2022 at 7:03 AM, ixcuincle said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34907293/police-investigating-scuffle-michigan-st-game

Stay classy Sparty.

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Michigan athletic director Warde Manuel said police are investigating what coach Jim Harbaugh called an assault on two of his players in the tunnel after Michigan's 29-7 win over Michigan State on Saturday.

Video on social media from the Detroit News showed Michigan State players gathered around Michigan defensive back Ja'Den McBurrows throwing punches and kicks.

"What happened after the game is completely unacceptable. I've talked to the commissioner, he's looking into it," Manuel said. "The police are also looking into it, because they've seen the video and they're addressing it. We will leave it in their hands, but this is not how we should interact after a game.

"This is not the way another team should grab a player and do what they did, it's completely and utterly unacceptable. We will let the Big Ten and law enforcement handle it, but this is not what a rivalry should be about."

Time for players to face real consequences for things like this. They should be charged with assault at a minimum. The video is disturbing to me. 

On 10/30/2022 at 7:03 AM, ixcuincle said:

Stay classy Sparty.

That's totally unacceptable, and the players should face whatever legal consequences for assault, and presumably also be kicked off the team.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 9:46 AM, Forehead said:

I'm totally not going to be judgmental about this, and definitely not going to let and perceived rivalries color my opinion of what happened :)

Just going to throw out that there was also a halftime incident between Michigan and Penn State and Michigan appears to be the common thread here.

Yes, I'm just poking the bear because Michigan handed us our asses.

The issue is that at the Big House in AA, both teams enter their locker rooms going through the same tunnel. Old stadium, but there is no place in athletics for what happened there last Saturday.

7 hours ago, Long n Left said:

The issue is that at the Big House in AA, both teams enter their locker rooms going through the same tunnel. Old stadium, but there is no place in athletics for what happened there last Saturday.

Yeah, James Franklin said as much after the Penn State - Michigan verbal sparring, which was nothing compared to what happened between UM - MSU.  I'm surprised this hasn't happened more often considering the setup.

10 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

They will find some way to rank them #4 by the end of the season after Clemson lost today.

I get the cynicism, but I don’t see it happening.  Not when there are four undefeated teams plus Tennessee and LSU ahead of them.  Plus a Pac12 team will likely end up with one loss.  They most likely won’t get an opportunity for the SEC championship.

• Thanks 1