Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Football 2023

BRAVEONAWARPATH

59 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Really both halves. 

They'll get it figured out eventually.  Hope it's not to week 5 though. 

That’s funny.  But the JMU game was 12 years ago and I don’t think they’ve played since.  I remember because my 12 year old was a colicky baby and I drove her around for a few hours so she could sleep and I listened to it on the radio.

• Thanks 1

Here’s the at large teams:

Sec#2, sec#3,big 10 #2, sec#4, then 2 other teams. I fully expect the big 10 and sec to dominate the at large selections.

Honestly, by the time this new format is up and running in 2026; there may only be the sec and big 10. The other conferences will be minor as all the big teams will be in the big 10 or sec.

I see this as trying to save the non sec/ big 10 conferences but it won’t matter. If all the elite teams are in those conferences; why would they even bother with the other conferences.  The sec/big 10 could split off into their own league.

26 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

That’s funny.  But the JMU game was 12 years ago and I don’t think they’ve played since.  I remember because my 12 year old was a colicky baby and I drove her around for a few hours so she could sleep and I listened to it on the radio.

If I had to guess, I suspect they got JMU confused with Liberty. Who beat Tech 2 years ago. I looked it up and the JMU loss was in 2010 so your recollection is money. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ball Security said:

thats fine you can make the joke better. In the last 15 years JMU, ODU and Liberty have 4 wins against VT. uVa has one

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

thats fine you can make the joke better. In the last 15 years JMU, ODU and Liberty have 4 wins against VT. uVa has one

It’s hilarious.  They are 11-1 against UVA since 2010.  But only 2-3 against JMU, Liberty, and ODU.  Both UVA and VT are ducking JMU.  UVA knows what happens when you try to play the Dukes in basketball, they sure as hell won’t try them in football. 🤣

With all of the realignment, I would like to see JMU, ODU, and Liberty end up in the same conference.

5 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

So.ODU didn’t even have a football team until 2007 … and didn’t start actually playing games until 2009

No, our program was disbanded back in the late 1930's and then brought back in 2007 and played it's "first" new game vs. Chowan in 2009.  It was a big deal when we were playing William & Mary 12 years ago, now we've beaten the Hokies twice and are at the FBS level all thanks to Heinicke.

Hopefully VT holds on to our scheduled games and doesn't drop us like Seth Greenberg did in basketball years ago.

2 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Oh ECU recruit a kicker 😒

Yeah, that kicked me too.  :stop:

And Stetson Bennett will meet his maker in the NFL.  The college game runs so damn slow. (Oh, and on that note...all of the time it takes for reviews and referees giving the info, injuries...all of that adds onto how long the game takes.  See: basketball.  (Intentional fouls at the end of each half that aren't called as such.)

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Oh ECU recruit a kicker 😒

Dude.  The missed 41 game winner is forgivable.  The missed EP is not. 

Poor guy, he probably will never be let into a frat party again and his girlfriend probably  dumped him.

Watching a bit of the Arkansas vs. Cincinnati game.  

Good game.  I thought Cincy was going to take a big step back this year but they are hanging in there and playing well.  

Arkansas might be sneaky good this year.  

• Thumb up 1

Insane ending to the LSU/FSU game!!!!

LSU muffed punt with like 1:25 left, then FSU fumbles it on 3rd and goal...

Blocked PAT!!!!!!

I was typing as that happened lol.  Wow LSU drove 99 yards with 1:20 left for the game tieing TD with one second left....but then they have the extra point blocked.  Wow.  Can you imagine if you had the over in that game?  It was 50.5....game would have been tied 24-24 going to overtime, guaranteed winner.  Devastating. 

Edited by abdcskins