Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Football 2023

BRAVEONAWARPATH

ESPN just had a graphic up about this UCLA/USC/Big Ten situation, and the thing that struck me most was.....the amount of college logos that are just a simple lazy letter.  On this graphic, Penn State was the only one that looked like they put some effort into it and had a logo that wasn't just a letter of the alphabet.

So what is it, the Big 20 at this point?

I figure we're headed for a power four.  The Big 10/20 and the SEC will be powerhouses.  I think the ACC will stay relatively intact due to basketball.  I'd assume what's left of the Big12 and Pac12 along with a few others would coalesce into a 4th conference.

29 minutes ago, Forehead said:

So what is it, the Big 20 at this point?

I figure we're headed for a power four.  The Big 10/20 and the SEC will be powerhouses.  I think the ACC will stay relatively intact due to basketball.  I'd assume what's left of the Big12 and Pac12 along with a few others would coalesce into a 4th conference.

nah, SEC should just go ahead and grab FSU, Clemson, Miami, and anyone else they can. Maybe VT can get in there too and be the Vanderbilt of the new Appalachian district or something. 

who knows. 

at this point just do away with conferences. Make it 1 huge 60-80 team league. Top 12 teams make the playoffs. Every team has 3 rivalry games every year. They rest are determined by random slots. So maybe one year you get Bama , OSU, Oklahoma, USC and Oregon. Oh well, you might get an easy schedule next year 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

Heard a suggestion on the radio that said football and basketball should go to two or four super conferences while the rest of the sports revert back to traditional conferences.

Basketball at least allows mid majors to thrive and win. Gonzaga being a top team for nearly 2 decades is proof of that. 

Football is the outlier where really only major conference teams consistently have a shot. And even then it's less than 6 or so teams every year. 

• Thumb up 1

58 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

West Virginia will never get an invite to any super conference.  Big 20-24, er Ten. Sec 20-24. They will

remain In the little league.

It's been discussed ad nauseum before but WVU in the ACC makes sense for WVU and a few other ACC schools.

Assuming the ACC wants to expand to match the B1G and the SEC, I'd like to think WVU would be in the mix. Them and maybe Cincinnati and/or USF? Or even Houston?

30 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

It's been discussed ad nauseum before but WVU in the ACC makes sense for WVU and a few other ACC schools.

Assuming the ACC wants to expand to match the B1G and the SEC, I'd like to think WVU would be in the mix. Them and maybe Cincinnati and/or USF? Or even Houston?

Stanford and Arizona would just make as much sense as everything else going on.

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

There’s only 2 real conferences, Big10 and SEC. They will poach the remaining big schools from the ACC,PAC 12,Big12.

Whatever is left will be another level. I doubt conferences as we know them still exist. I don’t see WVU being invited to Big10/SEC. They will be stuck in whatever happens with the leftovers.

6 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

West Virginia will never get an invite to any super conference.  Big 20-24, er Ten. Sec 20-24. They will

remain In the little league.

It makes me feel better that you think this given your track record with predictions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Can they just create a semi pro super league with 30 teams, containing all the legacy schools and the rest of us can go back to normal college football with regional conferences and rivalries 

it’s just really hard to care and this doesn’t seem fun anymore. The sport has morphed into everything but the things that made me love it in the first place: the awesome brand of football, the pageantry, the traditions, the different styles of football played, the uniqueness every team had, the rivalries etc. thats all gone now as it’s all about money and being a factory for the NFL

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 3

On 7/1/2022 at 1:26 PM, Ball Security said:

Heard a suggestion on the radio that said football and basketball should go to two or four super conferences while the rest of the sports revert back to traditional conferences.

I have been thinking for a few years that it would settle at 4x16 team conferences and an 8 team playoff with conference championship as the first round. 

10 minutes ago, Redskins Diehard said:

I have been thinking for a few years that it would settle at 4x16 team conferences and an 8 team playoff with conference championship as the first round. 

I dunno, there were rumors flying around about more of the PAC12 following USC and UCLA....Oregon, Washington, Stanford, etc...that BIG10 might already be heading for 20 teams.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Top 45 Semipro, 3 divisions like Eurosoccer... 

just pay the players and print money... why pretend anymore?

NILs already have highly recruited players making more than drafted athletes. 

Of course, not being 100+k in debt while get preferred everything at college is payment too. But I digress. 

Edited by The Evil Genius