• Ham/Turkey
    • Egg Salad
    • Chicken Salad
    • Tuna
    • Pulled Pork
    • PB&J
    • Cheesesteak
    • Other (explain)

I move a couple hundred gyros a day, so as much as I love them, they're not my favorite.  Of the places near me, the Cuban at the torta shop around the corner is the best I've ever had...they put a fried egg on that thing and it's HUGE.  They also have a salsa bar, and the verde is homemade & fantastic.  Tonight I made a sliced buffalo chicken/Swiss on wheat with bleu cheese for dipping.  *chef's kiss* 

• Like 2

really, REALLY, hard to find a good one at a restaurant bc they all seem to want to fufu them up (like seemingly everything else) or stuff them w everything but crab

Eastern Shore classic crab cake w lettuce and tomato on a potato roll.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Destino said:

Finding a good French Dip is the problem.  Does such a thing even exist in northern VA?  

Not in Northern VA, but in Frederick, MD - Canapés.  They do a special for a week, once a month or so, French Dip on ciabatta slider rolls with melted mozz, caramelized onions and an herb aoli.  Unbelievable.  

I can also whip up a mean one with a chuck roast and crockpot or instapot.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 3

A Monte Cristo.  And I won't even eat these anymore because it's so unhealthy....but If I needed to pick a. last meal, it just might be one of these.

And it's a shame that I have to say it, but any restaurant that advertises a Monte Cristo as a turkey and swiss between two pieces of French toast is NOT to be trusted.  That boy better be dipped in batter and fried, or I don't want it.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

On 6/10/2022 at 9:49 PM, stoshuaj said:

really, REALLY, hard to find a good one at a restaurant bc they all seem to want to fufu them up (like seemingly everything else) or stuff them w everything but crab

Eastern Shore classic crab cake w lettuce and tomato on a potato roll.

Ooooh, you were soooo close. You had me right up until you ruined it with the potato roll. Well, that and you forgot a good aioli or at least a good homemade tartar sauce.

However, for my money/calories, nothing beats a good Chicken Shawarma.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Ooooh, you were soooo close. You had me right up until you ruined it with the potato roll. Well, that and you forgot a good aioli or at least a good homemade tartar sauce.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Ho boy, here we go. 

As a sandwich absolutist, anything between two pieces of bread is a sandwich. Put a dog poo between two pieces of baked dough? Thats a turd sandwich, brother.

FIGHT ME!

I really don't give a ****, I just like buzzing TTB's tower whenever I get a chance. :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Sisko said:

You’re right, have it served on a cpl slices of wonder bread.  Then just throw the bread away. 

Aioli?, whatever the hell that is, it’s not going on any Eastern Shore crab cake.  😆 

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

You’re right, have it served on a cpl slices of wonder bread.  Then just throw the bread away. 

Aioli?, whatever the hell that is, it’s not going on any Eastern Shore crab cake.  😆 

Sometimes the frou frou stuff turns out to actually be good. Aioli is one of those. After all, garlic and olive oil make almost anything better. As for the Wonder Bread, I'd eat that before a potato roll even though it would turn into dough (NSFW) before I could get the sammy to my mouthparts.

On 6/11/2022 at 3:13 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

A good Reuben is hard to beat.

When you are absolutely **** faced drunk at 1am or later, the chicken parm sandwich is the ultimate food 

Agree on the parm. My problem is that i am both (1) ambitious and (2) a drunk, so every once in a while I wake up and realize that my drunk ass tried to make myself a parm from ****ing scratch the night before, and I have to do a million dishes (and clean sauce off the wall) with a hangover. 

4 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

Ho boy, here we go. 

As a sandwich absolutist, anything between two pieces of bread is a sandwich. Put a dog poo between two pieces of baked dough? Thats a turd sandwich, brother.

FIGHT ME!

Is a hot dog in a bun a sandwich? 🧐 

• Haha 2