• Ham/Turkey
    • Egg Salad
    • Chicken Salad
    • Tuna
    • Pulled Pork
    • PB&J
    • Cheesesteak
    • Other (explain)

I would love nothing more if you ****s got as animated in this thread as you do in the political threads.  And before you guys get on me for not including your favorite, well, it probably wasn't good enough to be thought of immediately.

Anyway, for my money, not much can top a BLT.  It's light but it'll fill you up and not weigh you down.  It is the perfect sandwich for a day like this (early June, hot outside, humid).

Recipes and photos of your creations are thoroughly encouraged.  

@TradeTheBeal!will be here to stump for avocado sandwiches shortly, btw.

A good grilled cheese with tomato soup is good.

I do love a good Reuben.

A Cuban (not on your list) is also very good.

Probably some of the best I've had aren't on your list like one I got from a food truck with Nduja, cheese, and some unknown sauce and greens.

• Thumb up 1

Probably the hardest question I've had to answer in years. I went cheesesteak but it varies daily. I typically get a cold tuna salad at my go to spot, but a good grilled chicken sandwich is hard to beat. Club sandwich and fries is also great.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

The forum needs to know that, 10 minutes into our lunch date, Spiff had learned more about Mexican cuisine in that moment than he had previously learned in his 40+ years on the planet.

BLT?!?  Oh the whiteness!

Oh, so it was a DATE?!  

TTB, I had no idea.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

27719_sandwichsaucisson_rdf_hd.jpg.png?i

That's a real sandwich. If you never tried it, you don't know what a sandwich is.

That looks like something that died and was found on the bottom of the ocean stuffed between two slices of a baguette (which is French for an unfulfilling wannabe sub roll). 

• Haha 1

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

That looks like something that died and was found on the bottom of the ocean stuffed between two slices of a baguette (which is French for an unfulfilling wannabe sub roll). 

Maybe, but that's still lots tastier than anything Subway would ever dream off.

• Haha 1

The best one that I can't really get anymore unless I make it myself, and it's not the same, was from Japan. They make these Tonkatsu Pork sandwiches with shredded cabbage and some sauce. I used to eat one of those almost every day and most of the time it was just from 7-11 and it was still very good. Even better if you get it from a sandwich shop or a restaurant. 

It's basically this, but on a sandwich:

tonkatsu-recipe-japanese-breaded-and-dee

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

A BLT on white toast is my all time favorite with a Rueben a close second. I can't find a good place for either of these around here like back home in Alexandria so I make them myself. Thank goodness it's tomato season around here now!

We're apparently too white for @TradeTheBeal!, LSF.  

BLT lovers, unite.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

We're apparently too white for @TradeTheBeal!, LSF.  

BLT lovers, unite.

Which strikes me as funny since some here thought that I was a person of color until I posted my picture! My mom used to make BLTs a lot because there were inexpensive to make for a family. Plus she made egg salad for lunches. Reubens I like because sauerkraut and Swiss cheese because I'm Swiss on both sides of my genealogy. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Pulled pork with pbj right behind.

I'll probably make one of these later since it's the easiest sammich fixins I have.

28 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I think a Chicago Italian beef dipped w/hots is possibly the greatest sandwich ever.  I’ll be in Chicago in a few weeks to continue my research.

I have a box of those taste of Chicago sammich deals you can get through the mail. I'm hesitant to make it cuz it feeds prolly six people and I'll end up eating it all. Ugh I miss going to that city every summer. Their street food festival is the scrumptious. 😋