Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

7 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

As usual, Rivera is late to the party.   This should have been done after the season when it was obvious the players weren't buying in.     There were complaints going back to 2020.

One thing to note is that Mills was gone for a few days (2?) for his Dad's enshrinement in the HoF. That must have given Rivera and others time to see how players respond to other voices as the main voice. With that new info, maybe Rivera and others saw a sudden positive change.

So yeah, hindsight and all, should have happened before. But it seems like it happened once they saw proof other coaching styles were working better.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

38 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Has anyone said anything about Rogers playing receiver?

I don't believe we can trade the second as it is a part of the Wentz trade. Unless they go for a 2024. But I'm sure they will get some high end offers for him that are better than that.

Yes. 

Lots of talk about Cole Turner basically being a WR for all intents and purposes. Armani Rogers is the same size as Cam Sims. If Rogers is impressing, why do we need Cam Sims? Sims and Rogers are listed at 6'5-220 and 6'5-225.

6 "WR"

McLaurin, Dotson, Samuels, Milne, Turner, Rogers

18 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

As usual, Rivera is late to the party.   This should have been done after the season when it was obvious the players weren't buying in.     There were complaints going back to 2020.

It makes me wonder if Del Rio wanted to keep him, like really pounded the table for him, and Rivera basically told him things had to change. And it’s clear they aren’t and haven’t so Rivera is reaching into JDR’s territory and making the executive decision. Idk, that’s made up but this timing is just so bizarre, there must have been some weird internal politics/compromising going on that Rivera decided to stop putting up with. Right? 

• Like 2

Kind of strange timing firing Mills? I could understand off-season or even right before camp but 2 weeks in? Something must have happened over the last few days. 

I never saw Mills as an effective coach. Sure great linebacker but that doesn’t mean squat when it comes to coaching. 

Just now, skinsfan93 said:

Yes. 

Lots of talk about Cole Turner basically being a WR for all intents and purposes. Armani Rogers is the same size as Cam Sims. If Rogers is impressing, why do we need Cam Sims? Sims and Rogers are listed at 6'5-220 and 6'5-225.

6 "WR"

This is more so, what reason do we have as a roster spot for Sims, when this is his 5th year and we know everything about him. If the purpose for Sims is a large target because Wentz likes throwing to large targets, then why not Rogers as a "large target".

Sims isn't improving the "WR" group. His role is basically just a 6'5 guy that lines up out in space. Rogers at 225 isn't going to do much in the way of in-line blocking. If we think of him as a "large target" like Sims is, then why Sims over Rogers? I can get saying neither should make the team. But if one of them makes the team, why Sims over Rogers?

2 minutes ago, Reddskins1 said:

Semantics on this board is off the charts...I changed the wording on a new thread and I still get locked...Is this a Commanders fan msg board?

You could just learn to read the rules and follow them

Its also a rules violation to address mod action like this so, hope you packed light 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Rivera strikes me as a blindly loyal guy (to his detriment) that will stick with people for way too long to give them a benefit of the doubt. DL unit has underperformed greatly and D as a whole has. Same issue with JDR.. he should have been sent packing last year.  If the Wentz experiment fails badly.. the whole coaching staff needs to be sent packing. 

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Maybe JDR is next and Harris gets a promotion, too.

Probably depends a lot on the internal politics at play. If Mills was JDR’s choice/hire then yeah this could be a warning shot across his bow. I have a hard time imagining him hiring a DL coach whose philosophy didn’t align with his own greater defensive scheme/philosophy though, so it makes me wonder if Mills was a Rivera guy from the jump and it just never meshed with what JDR is trying to do, or the other way around, and it was finally THAT apparent after things didn’t change for training camp. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Reddskins1 said:

Semantics on this board is off the charts...I changed the wording on a new thread and I still get locked...Is this a Commanders fan msg board?

ya know...now you're getting that temp ban whatever this 'need' you had to make a big deal out of your failure to comply with rules and then ignoring the directives in my post on the matter and closing your second attempt, you now violate another rule here and i'm sure you don't have a clue as to which one

so take a couple days off and get it together...or don't 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Yes. 

6 "WR"

As the person who brought up Turner at receiver I can confidently tell you I never mentioned Rogers there.

• Like 2