Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's your expectations for this season?

Reddskins1

Ron Rivera is the most respected losing head coach in the NFL as he has 3 winning seasons in 11 years.

Fact is that in his winning seasons, he won regularly with double digit W's of 12, 15, & 11.

These also came after a down year.

I'd guess he's due for an anomaly year with 11+ wins. Seriously against my judgement but a decade of stats tells the story.

12 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Ron Rivera is the most respected losing head coach in the NFL as he has 3 winning seasons in 11 years.

Fact is that in his winning seasons, he won regularly with double digit W's of 12, 15, & 11.

I'd guess he's due for an anomaly year with 11+ wins. Seriously against my judgement but a decade of stats tells the story.

This should be our year to hit double digit wins....

Lord this is easy:  somewhere in the deep recesses of the mind is a tiny sliver of optimism trying to peek out but it is quickly suppressed by the myriad experiences that point to only one inevitable reality:  

Disappointment

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, duffy said:

I expect nothing less. 

3154ae04c64a49f4b49fbbefa8e17392.jpg

LOL.  There’s a better chance of us winning 3 games than winning a SB.  This team will never sniff a SB as long as Dan Snyder is the owner.

One thing I’ve grown to learn in my life, is that you should have ZERO expectations when it comes to this team.  The lower the expectations, the more pleased you’ll be when they over perform.  It’s better to be prepared for disappointment, and be pleasantly surprised, then have high expectations, and watch the team crash and burn.

Edited by samy316

3 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

Lord this is easy:  somewhere in the deep recesses of the mind the is a tiny sliver of optimism trying to peek out but it is quickly suppressed by the myriad experiences that point to only one inevitable reality:  

Disappointment

Can you put that in Lyman's terms...Lol...Well said!!!

26 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I expect disappointment like every season.

You disappoint me...

1 hour ago, duffy said:

I expect nothing less. 

3154ae04c64a49f4b49fbbefa8e17392.jpg

Absolutely love this...

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, TheShredder said:

That success was Cam Newton driven.

Ron has never had back to back winning seasons. Yes, he made the playoffs 3 years in a row but one of those seasons was a losing record.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, duffy said:

Expecting disappointment and still going through with the torture sounds pretty masochistic to me. 

Expecting a positive outcome and still getting what we get every year is just dumb though. I’m a fan of the team. I’ve been pumped up in the past and it’s always led to disappointment. If I start from disappointed I can only work my way up.

I don’t buy into the off-season hype anymore. Coaches, players and media comparing draft picks to proven NFL players is white noise to me.

Training camp reports about how serious and hard working the team don’t move the needle anymore. 

The only thing that matters is the score of the 17 games. So I’ll watch those games and root for them. Should they succeed, I can then be content.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

What I want to happen every year: Be competitive in every game and win the NFC East (6-0 in the division would be a bonus).

What I expect to happen this year: The offense plays well, but not great and is exciting at times. The defense plays better than last year, but still doesn't live up to the original hype and we lose some heart-breakers. We have some injuries, but nowhere near the amount as last year (that was brutal).

Overall, the team shows some improvement, wins 9 or 10 games (3-3 in the division) and maybe sneaks a wildcard spot. We're still not good enough to win it all.

• Like 1

Setting aside the jokes - which I am in total agreement with - I think we all know this season hinges on Wentz.  It’s a big transition for him coming into a new offensive system, but it also seems like a system that suits him.  The team around him is solid enough and has enough depth to be competent (even with our usual high injury numbers), so… if it’s a smooth transition and the offense is indeed a fit for him, I think 10+ wins is a fair expectation.  If it’s an up and down transition, but still a fit, I’d expect 8 or 9 wins.  Either way though, I just can’t expect a return to top form for him this year.  Maybe in 2023 that will be a possibility.

38 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Setting aside the jokes - which I am in total agreement with - I think we all know this season hinges on Wentz.  It’s a big transition for him coming into a new offensive system, but it also seems like a system that suits him.  The team around him is solid enough and has enough depth to be competent (even with our usual high injury numbers), so… if it’s a smooth transition and the offense is indeed a fit for him, I think 10+ wins is a fair expectation.  If it’s an up and down transition, but still a fit, I’d expect 8 or 9 wins.  Either way though, I just can’t expect a return to top form for him this year.  Maybe in 2023 that will be a possibility.

The best reply to my thread so far...and I agree with just about everything said.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If Carson plays like he did last year, that alone should get us 9 wins.  If he can't do that; his days of an nfl starting QB are over.  He'll just bounce around, as a backup.

If Wentz plays like last year with the Colts we win 10-11 games and win the NFC east and in position to make some noise in the Playoffs..