Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, NYSkins21 said:

I agree completely with you. But if they DO take Hooker at 16, more than likely the evaluation was made through the eyes of EB. And if EB feels that Hooker offers more than what Howell does, I’m on board.

EB would probably have to challenge and beat Ron unconscious during the 14-15 pick

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, MrJL said:

the thing I read said it was the national media hyping Porter to us, close to home media less so.

we are not good enough we can draft someone to sit, especially when that player is injured

How long would he sit for? Based on reports that teams received notice that he should be pretty close to cleared by season start.

47 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It would crush my faith in Keim if they took him in the first.  Keim is hardcore that they'd consider him in the 2nd especially if they trade down and pick up another pick and could take him in the late 2nd.  But, otherwise he's hardcore that they are not taking Hooker in the first.

When Keim says things with conviction like that, can't recall him ever being wrong.  Albiet granted he can change his tune tomorrow based on whatever he's hearing.

Not many QBs have been taken in the second round the last few years. I think if Hooker's there in the second, he'll be there in the third.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, dunfer said:

EB would probably have to challenge and beat Ron unconscious during the 14-15 pick

😂 idk. I get the feeling that Ron has given EB the keys to this offense. I don’t think EB has been brought in for a one year OC spot fill. I think EB has more say than we think.

10 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

😂 idk. I get the feeling that Ron has given EB the keys to this offense. I don’t think EB has been brought in for a one year OC spot fill. I think EB has more say than we think.

Keys within reason. Ron is judge jury and executioner with owner limbo. chances of a qb at 16 making ron look like a genius is low

Edited by dunfer

Just now, sebestian said:

The owner is not involved anymore.  Means we should see fewer of these types of moves.  Not a chance they draft Hooker..

we don't know that.  Maybe theres a reason Snyder came back this week

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, MrJL said:

where did you see this?  Id love to keep Roulier and just have Gates as the new Schweitzer.  Cutting Norwell would save a good chunk of money

I went back to try and find the tweet and I couldn’t. I think someone else posted a picture of Roullier without a brace on at OTAs. Not saying either thing is true and that our starting LG-C will be Paul+Roullier, but it’s certainly an option out there that many of us (mostly me) have disregarded. 

• Like 1

Why was I under the impression Roullier had such a serious injury there has been thoughts of retirement?

If he rehabs, would he be able to play this year? If so, would it be at the same level this year as in the past?

Will he be capable of playing to his CAP worth? 

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

Why was I under the impression Roullier had such a serious injury there has been thoughts of retirement?

If he rehabs, would he be able to play this year? If so, would it be at the same level this year as in the past?

Will he be capable of playing to his CAP worth? 

Nobody really knows. It’s been quiet on that front. Either way, I think he and Leno are prime cut candidates after the season. They’re owed a combined $25-26m in 2024 and if we draft an OT and C this year we could have their replacements in house. Depending on how early we go OC and whether we draft an OT that can move from RT to LT in year 2. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sebestian said:

The owner is not involved anymore.  Means we should see fewer of these types of moves.  Not a chance they draft Hooker..

Dan might end up multitasking on his yacht and forget to go on mute with the war room and will say someone bring me a hooker. In the war room they will say you want us to draft Hooker Mr. Snyder and he will be forced to say yes. So there is a chance! 😂 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Nobody really knows. It’s been quiet on that front. Either way, I think he and Leno are prime cut candidates after the season. They’re owed a combined $25-26m in 2024 and if we draft an OT and C this year we could have their replacements in house. Depending on how early we go OC and whether we draft an OT that can move from RT to LT in year 2. 

I find it hard seeing Leno cut, he is still good and can play multiple positions but you could be correct. More likely Roullier, Norwell and Charles smell like cuts. But could go a lot of way and dependent on who is drafted. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I find it hard seeing Leno cut, he is still good and can play multiple positions but you could be correct. More likely Roullier, Norwell and Charles smell like cuts. But could go a lot of way and dependent on who is drafted. 

For the record I’m talking mostly about Leno being a cut post 2023. He’s the LT this year. But if you draft Anton Harrison and he plays RT in 2023 and projects to LT in 2024, there’s no need to pay Leno $14m in his final year. Either draft a RT early next year or flip Wylie back to RT while grabbing a mid round OT to develop at RT longterm. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

100%. Leno isn’t going anywhere this year. Could we draft his replacement? Absolutely. But I doubt anyone could supplant him this year, he’s still an average to slightly above average starting LT. Roullier is getting restructured to something more reasonable, and if he doesn’t want to do it he can get cut after June 1 to save 8 mil. No one is handing out big contracts to C with injury issues, so it may be worth it for him to sign back here anyway. I hope we can work something out with him, he was good when healthy and I’d like to see him get back to that level.

Unrelated, did you all know Harrison is a DC native?

Harrison was a four-star recruit and was a top-200 prospect nationally for his play at Archbishop Carroll High School in Washington, D.C.

Edited by seantaylor=god
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

For the record I’m talking mostly about Leno being a cut post 2023. He’s the LT this year. But if you draft Anton Harrison and he plays RT in 2023 and projects to LT in 2024, there’s no need to pay Leno $14m in his final year. Either draft a RT early next year or flip Wylie back to RT while grabbing a mid round OT to develop at RT longterm. 

Got it, Like it. I think I am more in on Harrison than others on the board and yes, he would be next years Leno replacement! 

8 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

100%. Leno isn’t going anywhere this year. Could we draft his replacement? Absolutely. But I doubt anyone could supplant him this year, he’s still an average to slightly above average starting LT. Roullier is getting restructured to something more reasonable, and if he doesn’t want to do it he can get cut after June 1 to save 8 mil. No one is handing out big contracts to C with injury issues, so it may be worth it for him to sign back here anyway. I hope we can work something out with him, he was good when healthy and I’d like to see him get back to that level.

If he isn't healthy I'd say he is a June 1st cut. This is a strong C draft. They can grab one that sits behind Gates. They believe in Gates at C and it is his best position

20 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Dan might end up multitasking on his yacht and forget to go on mute with the war room and will say someone bring me a hooker. In the war room they will say you want us to draft Hooker Mr. Snyder and he will be forced to say yes. So there is a chance! 😂 

it would be a great scene on 30 for 30 when one of the equipment managers hangs up on him

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

DJ doing his last mock right now on NFLN. Has us taking Forbes at 16. I like Forbes. But if we take him at 16 I will blow a gasket. His size is a MAJOR red flag for me. 

National media is forcing CB on us at 16 like they forced the Howell can’t be it narrative all off season despite what the local media has been saying. 

Gonzalez or Witherspoon makes sense as they’d be BPA. But we aren’t reaching on a CB. 

• Like 1