Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

41 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Local Dallas beatguys who have been plugged into their 1st round pick in the past think it's Kincaid.

I don't see Dallas going TE in the 1st at all.  Moody likely Branch or OLine.

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Something bad must have come from Bresee's medical evaluation.  Just on sheer talent, he's a vastly better player than Adebawore and Wright.  He directly matched up with Wright and demonstrated the clear difference in power and speed between them.  To the point where it's actually making me worry that Wright is not going to be able to match up with elite NFL DLs one on one.  I think Bresee if lining up to be one of the biggest value picks in the class.

Branch I can see falling because of the unfavorable size/speed combo even though the kid is a stud who can clearly play.  Teams are going to think limited role with him and be scared to line him up in man coverage on the outside, even though he'll probably be one of the best slot defenders in the NFL in two years.

• Like 1

We're gonna go OL. Not sure about T or G but if I were a betting man I'd bet big we go OL at 16 and try to address DB in round 2.

I really really really hope we don't go G. I have no idea who the best T prospect is though after Paris Johnson. Is it Anton Harrison?

I would love to see Mayer drafted in first round.  I hate ND, but he is a phenomenal TE prospect 

TE has been a dynamic position for many successful teams in NFL and usually ends up being a QB’s best friend and bailout guy in reads.

would love to see him get drafted by Washington  

My top 12 at tackle for now, Kipers top 10 below that, I am taking Mauch out because to me he's a guard, Steen probably too but i'll keep him in.

1. Paris Johnson

2. Dawand Jones

3. Anton Harrison

4. Darnell Wright

5. Broderick Jones

6. Matthew Bergeron

7. Tyler Steen

8. Wanya Morris

9.  Blake Freeland

10. Jaelyn Duncan

11. Ryan Hayes

12. Carter Warren

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2023/insider/story/_/id/34633986/2023-nfl-draft-rankings-mel-kiper-big-board-top-prospects-every-position#pos

Offensive tackles

1. Paris Johnson Jr., Ohio State
2. Broderick Jones, Georgia
3. Darnell Wright, Tennessee
4. Anton Harrison, Oklahoma
5. Matthew Bergeron, Syracuse
6. Dawand Jones, Ohio State
7. Cody Mauch, North Dakota State
8. Tyler Steen, Alabama
9. Jaelyn Duncan, Maryland
10. Blake Freeland, BYU

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim flat out saying they'd like to trade back everything being equal

Keim is always on the money.  We're taking OL at 16 if we stay put.  I think these meeting with D. Jones (for example) are for the trade down possibilities.

5 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Their insider info came from before the Brandin Cooks trade. So maybe that changes the Cowboys thoughts on needing a Big Slot weapon.

I agree with Dallas needing a TE.  WIth a deep draft like this, I can see them going TE early (Round 1 or 2).

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My top 12 at tackle for now, Kipers top 10 below that, I am taking Mauch out because to me he's a guard, Steen probably too but i'll keep him in.

1. Paris Johnson

2. Dawand Jones

3. Anton Harrison

4. Darnell Wright

5. Broderick Jones

6. Matthew Bergeron

7. Tyler Steen

8. Wanya Morris

9.  Blake Freeland

10. Jaelyn Duncan

11. Ryan Hayes

12. Carter Warren

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2023/insider/story/_/id/34633986/2023-nfl-draft-rankings-mel-kiper-big-board-top-prospects-every-position#pos

Offensive tackles

1. Paris Johnson Jr., Ohio State
2. Broderick Jones, Georgia
3. Darnell Wright, Tennessee
4. Anton Harrison, Oklahoma
5. Matthew Bergeron, Syracuse
6. Dawand Jones, Ohio State
7. Cody Mauch, North Dakota State
8. Tyler Steen, Alabama
9. Jaelyn Duncan, Maryland
10. Blake Freeland, BYU

Just for curiosity sake, can you break your list of OT's down into tiers? I think there's a sizeable gap between Paris Johnson and the rest of the OT class.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Just for curiosity sake, can you break your list of OT's down into tiers? I think there's a sizeable gap between Paris Johnson and the rest of the OT class.

1A (Top 12 pick IMO)

Paris Johnson.

1B (Ist round 15-25)

Dawand Jones

Anton Harrison

Darnell Wright

Broderick Jones

2A  (35-50)

Matthew Bergeron

3 (3rd round)

Tyler Steen

Wanya Morris

Blake Freeland

Jaelyn Duncan

4B (mid to late 4th round)

Ryan Hayes

Carter Warren

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

1A (Top 12 pick IMO)

Paris Johnson.

1B (Ist round 15-25)

Dawand Jones

Anton Harrison

Darnell Wright

Broderick Jones

2A  (35-50)

Matthew Bergeron

3 (3rd round)

Tyler Steen

Wanya Morris

Blake Freeland

Jaelyn Duncan

4B (mid to late 4th round)

Ryan Hayes

Carter Warren

I would agree with this.  The problem for us though is we are fine on the right side.  After Johnson I don't think anyone is a sure thing starting left tackle.  I think Jones and Bergeron have potential but I haven't seen anything about us interested in them.  It seems we have only interviewed right tackles. 

29 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

I would agree with this.  The problem for us though is we are fine on the right side.  After Johnson I don't think anyone is a sure thing starting left tackle.  I think Jones and Bergeron have potential but I haven't seen anything about us interested in them.  It seems we have only interviewed right tackles. 

Dawsnd Jones is about to be interviewed for the third time and Maybew is also going to his pro day so plenty of interest clearly. Haven’t seen the same for Bergeron though.

Harrison was interviewed. 

43 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Dawsnd Jones is about to be interviewed for the third time and Maybew is also going to his pro day so plenty of interest clearly. Haven’t seen the same for Bergeron though.

Harrison was interviewed. 

Thoughts on this SIP.  Like others have said RT is the position that they are projecting him at with big time questions marks at LT.  I think he's a pure RT and we need LT talent or  LT that can play RT.  That's why I like Darnell Wright.