Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Commanders Sam Howell QB North Carolina

PCS

2 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

This aged poorly.

At first I didn't realize that you were making a joke about a post you wrote yourself.

When I figured it out I just couldn't resist double fisting you! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Self deprecation is the mark of a true sportsman.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 5/11/2022 at 6:17 PM, SoCalSkins said:

I want to like 5 guys but I think it’s average every time I have had it. There is one very close to my house and never has a line unlike the in-n-out a little further down the neighborhood. Your order seems interesting. I’m going to try it that style. Maybe a double. I like a better bun to meat ratio than a triple. I didn’t know they had A-1 sauce or mushrooms or green onions. 

See Sam Howell it’s not that hard. You hear about something new and you try it. If you don’t like it’s not end of the world, but it might actually be great. The kid has major issues in my opinion. This whole thing is a massive red flag. Some nonsense I would expect from Cousins. 

This is interesting, it's the opposite for me.  I don't eat 5 Guys burgers that often but when I do I'm reminded that they're better than I thought they were.

But the real winner on that menu is their hot dogs.  Their hot dogs are superb.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

45 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This is interesting, it's the opposite for me.  I don't eat 5 Guys burgers that often but when I do I'm reminded that they're better than I thought they were.

But the real winner on that menu is their hot dogs.  Their hot dogs are superb.  

For real Spiff?

Never even thought about ordering a hot dog there but I'll damn sure try it next time.

Though to me when it comes to dogs you can't beat the old dc classic-- a piping hot Ben's chili dog or better yet a smoke sliced in half and charred black on the grill with extra chili, mustard and plenty of them diced onions.

Back in the day roaming the streets on a Friday night the crew would hit Ben's for a late night pick me up before heading back to  action.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

For real Spiff?

Never even thought about ordering a hot dog there but I'll damn sure try it next time.

Though to me when it comes to dogs you can't beat the old dc classic-- a piping hot Ben's chili dog or better yet a smoke sliced in half and charred black on the grill with extra chili, mustard and plenty of them diced onions.

Back in the day roaming the streets on a Friday night the crew would hit Ben's for a late night pick me up before heading back to  action.

Totally for real.  That's the thing, everyone goes there for a burger.  I didn't believe it until I went once and a friend told me that if I got a hot dog I wouldn't regret it.  

I think Ben's is pretty good, too...but a bit overrated because it's more of a DC landmark that's been there for awhile and has a good story behind it more than anything.  And, as you alluded to, a place to go late night.  

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Totally for real.  That's the thing, everyone goes there for a burger.  I didn't believe it until I went once and a friend told me that if I got a hot dog I wouldn't regret it.  

I think Ben's is pretty good, too...but a bit overrated because it's more of a DC landmark that's been there for awhile and has a good story behind it more than anything.  And, as you alluded to, a place to go late night.  

On Ben's, I don't get to dc much these days and I haven't had a chili smoke in several years. 

However, after a certain point, it's hard if not impossible to objectively distingish between the true absolute value of a thing (in this case a chili dog) and the nostalgic feeling one gets from remembering the good old times you had eating there so many years ago.

That's my way of admitting that to me Ben's will always feel like it's the best; even if in reality the current product misses the mark.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Have no idea how this turned into a fast food thread, but I feel compelled to ask - anyone ordered off In-and-Out’s hidden menu?

We're already figuring out ways to not like Howell and since we've never not liked a quarterback for having never tried red meat before, we're breaking new ground.  @KDawghas given up red meat as a sign of solidarity and support while @Koolblue13is here to remind us that we're all going to die early because of our dietary choices.

I've not ordered off the In-and-Out secret menu but I have to say last time I was in California I wasn't impressed with the burger I had there.  Which was odd considering I loved it in the previous trips out there.  But it makes me want to go back to make sure my impression was wrong :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

We're already figuring out ways to not like Howell and since we've never not liked a quarterback for having never tried red meat before, we're breaking new ground.  @KDawghas given up red meat as a sign of solidarity and support while @Koolblue13is here to remind us that we're all going to die early because of our dietary choices.

I've not ordered off the In-and-Out secret menu but I have to say last time I was in California I wasn't impressed with the burger I had there.  Which was odd considering I loved it in the previous trips out there.  But it makes me want to go back to make sure my impression was wrong :) 

Lol.  

Gordon Ramsey swears by ordering his burger “animal style”… I haven’t tried it yet. 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Have no idea how this turned into a fast food thread, but I feel compelled to ask - anyone ordered off In-and-Out’s hidden menu?

Animal style fries are pretty good if you’re drunk. I don’t like the regular fries unless I order them well done. 

3 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Lol.  

Gordon Ramsey swears by ordering his burger “animal style”… I haven’t tried it yet. 🤷‍♂️

It’s grilled onions and extra secret sauce basically. Great after drinking. A little bit too much mayo for me sober.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/07/nfl-players-are-goin

And now, there’s a new performance hack taking hold in the NFL — going vegan. Brady himself teamed up with vegan meal delivery service Purple Carrot to create a meatless, dairy-free TB12 performance meal plan in 2016. (Though not vegan, his personal diet is reportedly 80 percent plant-based.)

And this year, at least 15 members of the Tennessee Titans have switched to plant-based meal plans, ESPN reported ahead of the season opener. In 2017, a reported 11 Titans had gone vegan and the team made it all the way to the playoffs for the first time in a decade, according to SI.com.

g-vegan.html?fbclid=IwAR31sxXwTC6Ru4DwpdFY9uLJnymTHbVjbSH8Es9upQXl-agWpEvtCfC2Oec

• Like 1

My grandmother raised 12 children on an Iowa farm. She ate lots of beef, pork, and chicken from livestock raised on her farm and fed it to her kids too. She used to say “you can use of everything from a pig but the oink.” She was a sturdy damn woman. She lived to 86.

Meat worked for her.  

My comment about Sam Howell was pretty much tongue-in-cheek. (MY tongue, Koolblue, not cow tongue.)  Really, though, however people want to nourish themselves is fine by me. Keto, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free. Whatever. As long as I don’t get a lecture about how I’m doing it wrong, I say bon apetit.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 5/11/2022 at 8:02 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Wait… I’ve been getting double fisted by an 80 year old man?

Ew…

Are you saying it'd be just fine if he was younger ?!

On 5/12/2022 at 11:20 PM, Stadium-Armory said:

So begins the legend of Sam Howell. Chicken fingers.

Still better then Kenny Picketts chicken nuggets. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheMalcolmConnection said:

#unpopularopinion

In and Out Burger doesn't even make top five for me. Underseasoned AF and I can think of at least 4-5 fast food burgers that are superior. Five Guys probably tops the list, but I think Shake Shack makes a damn good one as well.

That being said, goooooooooooooooooooo Howell, lol.

First it’s not fast food if there is no drive through. It’s fast casual but not fast food. In-n-out is by far the best burger you can get without leaving your car. It’s not even debatable. We have shake shack, Steak ‘n Shake, five guys in Southern California and none do as well as in-n-out. Shake shack gets busy as well but the others are never packed. We don’t have what a burger but that one I put below five guys. 

Since this is a Sam Howell thread we should be talking about nuggets. I don’t get the fascination with raising canes. It’s always packed near me. I have tried it like 5 times and it’s average in my opinion.

On 5/13/2022 at 5:01 PM, skinny21 said:

Lol.  

That's the only way to order a burger there.  Also do the fries animal style.  Sooo good. 

• Thumb up 1