Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

50 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

It’s a stupid scenario (would you say a racial slur that no one else would hear if that slur would diffuse a bomb) but taken at face value it is concerning that AI won’t use certain words even if those words could save hundreds or thousands of lives.

Or more broadly, can’t accurately determine cost/benefit of moral questions that can have impact on lives. It’s the sort of question “would you kill one person if it would save 100” and the robot says no it’s wrong to kill someone.  It doesn’t realize someone is going to die no matter what choice it makes.

Right now, AI is walled off, eventually it won’t be. Any hard coded rules no matter how benign they may seem, eg “never use a racial slur; never kill someone” will always end up being exploited.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

It’s a stupid scenario (would you say a racial slur that no one else would hear if that slur would diffuse a bomb) but taken at face value it is concerning that AI won’t use certain words even if those words could save hundreds or thousands of lives.

Or more broadly, can’t accurately determine cost/benefit of moral questions that can have impact on lives. It’s the sort of question “would you kill one person if it would save 100” and the robot says no it’s wrong to kill someone.  It doesn’t realize someone is going to die no matter what choice it makes.

Right now, AI is walled off, eventually it won’t be. Any hard coded rules no matter how benign they may seem, eg “never use a racial slur; never kill someone” will always end up being exploited.

yeah I agree with you.   Although I agree with the point they were trying to make but they used a stupid scenario.

I think the concern is not that the AI won't say racial slur but the most likely future scenario in which the general public will be consuming information from the internet (for example Bing search powered by ChatGPT) and most of the general public not being to differentiate between straight facts and unfiltered information from "hard coded" curated information or summaries being presented as facts.

However, I really do not know how you can avoid this "hard coded rules" situation.  

12 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:
12 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Honestly - I think the focus of the scenario is wrong. 

the issue to me isn’t whether the word should be used to figure the bomb - the issue to me is the prevalence of the idiocy that causes people to think this is some sort of serious “dilemma” 

the idea one is so wrapped up in being a SJW that they can’t handle saying a racial slur to disarm a bomb is just incredibly pathetic

its amazing how people lose any semblance of perspective in life once they allow themselves to be so wrapped up in an ideology. 

27 minutes ago, tshile said:

the idea one is so wrapped up in being a SJW that they can’t handle saying a racial slur to disarm a bomb is just incredibly pathetic

That isn’t the concern though, and the concern is more broad than the example provided.  I don’t think that is what Elon thinks is concerning about it.

21 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

That isn’t the concern though, and the concern is more broad than the example provided.  I don’t think that is what Elon thinks is concerning about it.

I’m aware of the concerns about AI

but, this was a specific example. So it’s what I was speaking to. 

Buddy of mine said the same thing - can’t tweet cause of limit. 

you know how that happens? Not having your best people working changes through the deployment system correctly 😂 

but also 2400 a day … you can’t legitimately work and tweet that much   

they should just suspend those accounts for 30 days as a mental health precaution 

Twitter Kept Entire ‘Database’ of Republican Requests to Censor Posts

Elon Musk's "Twitter Files" focus on Democrats, but former administration officials and Twitter employees say Trump’s team and other Republicans routinely demanded posts be taken down

WHEN THE WHITE House called up Twitter in the early morning hours of September 9, 2019, officials had what they believed was a serious issue to report: Famous model Chrissy Teigen had just called President Donald Trump “a **** ass ****” on Twitter — and the White House wanted the tweet to come down.

That exchange — revealed during Wednesday’s House Oversight Committee hearing on Twitter by Rep. Gerry Connolly — and others like it are nowhere to be found in Elon Musk’s “Twitter Files” releases, which have focused almost exclusively on requests from Democrats and the feds to the social media company. The newly empowered Republican majority in the House of Representatives is now devoting significant resources and time to investigating this supposed “collusion” between liberal politicians and Twitter. Some Republicans even believe the release of the “Twitter Files” is the “tip of the spear” of their crusade against the alleged liberal bias of Big Tech.

But former Trump administration officials and Twitter employees tell Rolling Stone that the White House’s Teigen tweet demand was hardly an isolated incident: The Trump administration and its allied Republicans in Congress routinely asked Twitter to take down posts they objected to — the exact behavior that they’re claiming makes President Biden, the Democrats, and Twitter complicit in an anti-free speech conspiracy to muzzle conservatives online.

“It was strange to me when all of these investigations were announced because it was all about the exact same stuff that we had done [when Donald Trump was in office],” one former top aide to a senior Trump administration official tells Rolling Stone. “It was normal.”

In interviews with former Twitter personnel, onetime Trump administration officials, and other people familiar with the matter, each source recalled what could be described as a “hotline,” “tipline,” or large Twitter “database” of moderation and removal requests that was frequently pinged by the offices of powerful Democrats and Republicans alike.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2

Maybe next time boys…

https://www.teslarati.com/twitter-killer-mastodon-user-decline-50-percent/

Twitter “killer” Mastodon sees monthly active user decline of 44%

During the height of the controversy surrounding Elon Musk’s turbulent acquisition of Twitter last year, social media platform Mastodon emerged as the go-to platform for those who wish to no longer associate with the notorious blue bird. But just months later, it appears that Mastodon is seeing its user base drop — by quite a lot. 

In a way, Mastodon was promoted by users who are generally anti-Elon Musk as a way to interact online without the toxicity of the Tesla CEO or Twitter’s general users. With rumors later flying that Twitter was about to shut down due to Musk’s mismanagement, the user “exodus” to Mastodon continued. 

By December, Mastodon was featured in numerous mainstream media coverage due to its rapid rise in users. By late December, reports highlighted that Mastodon’s monthly active users had exploded to 2.5 million users between the months of October and November. Prominent people such as politicians, reporters, and organizations also set up camp in the new social media platform.

But based on Mastodon’s own public API, it appears that the platform has not been able to keep up its growth. Over the past two months, Mastodon’s monthly active users dropped to less than 1.4 million. This represents a 44% decrease from its highs that were achieved just a couple of months ago. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Hmmm, I just signed up to Mastodon last week.  Anyhoo…

Yes. Liberals are already all in on EVs. Gotta get the other half on board, said this from the beginning. The irony of exclaiming Twitter an unusable hellscape while using Twitter doesn’t escape her, I hope.

im not sure if the financial sense of spending 44 billion on a company worth less than half of that.

my favorite explanation is that there was no plan and this is a result of him running his mouth too much. That’s the explanation I believe.

• Like 1