Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

It depends on what they said about it internally. Eg, if outwardly they were saying 2017 but internally they thought 2025, that would be fraud. But if they were saying it internally and outwardly then fraud is much harder to prove. Being wrong isnt fraud.

Probably why they're "examining" and not "charging."

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

It depends on what they said about it internally. Eg, if outwardly they were saying 2017 but internally they thought 2025, that would be fraud. But if they were saying it internally and outwardly then fraud is much harder to prove. Being wrong isnt fraud.

IMG_1052.gif

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

In the linked article ...

A Tesla engineer testified in 2022 in a lawsuit over a fatal crash involving Autopilot that one of the videos, posted in October 2016, intended to show the technology’s potential and did not accurately portray its capabilities at the time. Musk nevertheless posted the video on social media, writing: “Tesla drives itself (no human input at all) thru urban streets to highway streets, then finds a parking spot.”

That's pretty clear that Musk was misrepresenting to the public what the car could do at that time. Whether it's labeled FSD is irrelevant.

3 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

In the linked article ...

A Tesla engineer testified in 2022 in a lawsuit over a fatal crash involving Autopilot that one of the videos, posted in October 2016, intended to show the technology’s potential and did not accurately portray its capabilities at the time. Musk nevertheless posted the video on social media, writing: “Tesla drives itself (no human input at all) thru urban streets to highway streets, then finds a parking spot.”

That's pretty clear that Musk was misrepresenting to the public what the car could do at that time. Whether it's labeled FSD is irrelevant.

That certainly is the most damming evidence we know about. Tesla better get ready to pay some fines.

Musk should have stayed out of politics. All these lawsuits as soon as he started being a conservative barking dog OUT LOUD just shows you how our legal system works.

I don’t think the legal proceedings are unfair or the accusations necessarily untrue, but there is pretty strong correlation between Tesla’s legal problems and his Twitter quagmire.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

It’s a shame the world is full of people who act like the failure of the first attempt to do something world changing is some kind of indictment of the entire idea.

The article appears to say the device itself is still producing useful data.

as an aside, how do they take the air out of the brain after brain surgery?

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

It’s a shame the world is full of people who act like the failure of the first attempt to do something world changing is some kind of indictment of the entire idea.

The article appears to say the device itself is still producing useful data.

as an aside, how do they take the air out of the brain after brain surgery?

You don't make many good points in this thread but this is one of the few.

• Thumb up 1

There's a huge one at my local Target, one in the former GA Power office parking lot, and I passed another one being built the other day, all within a 5-mile radius.  I think that's pretty cool. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 5/8/2024 at 8:53 PM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Musk should have stayed out of politics. All these lawsuits as soon as he started being a conservative barking dog OUT LOUD just shows you how our legal system works.

Um. Some of us, and many others, have been pointing out the issues with the way he does things long before he became active in politics. 

11 minutes ago, tshile said:

Um. Some of us, and many others, have been pointing out the issues with the way he does things long before he became active in politics. 

Yea, I’m aware. My point is the politicians looked the other way until he got involved with politics.

4 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Yea, I’m aware. My point is the politicians looked the other way until he got involved with politics.

Well it’s totally fair to say that getting into politics increases scrutiny - we’ve seen it a thousand different ways. 

But also this stuff takes a while to get found out about - for investigations to launch, for trials to move forward, for whistleblowers to appear. 

Hell, it’s even possible that the reason he got into politics at all was to attach himself to a party to help provide him cover for things he saw coming down the pipe 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

22 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

https://www.teslarati.com/neuralink-human-trial-patient-progress/

From the patient himself:

Y’all are giving me too much; it’s like a luxury overload, I haven’t been able to do these things in 8 years, and now I don’t know where to even start allocating my attention,” Arbaugh said. 

“The biggest thing with comfort is that I can lie in my bed and use [the Link]. Any other assistive technology had to have someone else help or have me sit up. Sitting causes stress mentally and on my body, which would give me pressure sores or spasms. It lets me live on my own time, not needing to have someone adjust me, etc., throughout the day,