Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

https://apnews.com/article/milei-musk-tesla-spacex-argentina-us-texas-economy-7af43102c5dcf5398a97d1010463f5a1

BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) — One is an erratic billionaire entrepreneur and self-declared free-speech absolutist, prone to profanity-laden rants against “wokeness” and obsessed with making humanity a multi-planetary species.

The other is an iconoclastic Latin American leader and self-declared anarcho-capitalist, prone to cloning his dead dogs and obsessed with destroying state controls.

Tech executive Elon Musk and Argentine President Javier Milei finally sealed their budding bromance Friday at a Tesla electric car factory in Texas — their first meeting after months of mutual admiration on social media.

It was a match made in free-market heaven.

In social media posts that thrilled their right-wing fans, the pair played up their real-life friendship.

• Haha 2

It’s funny because it was easy to see the need to purge the bots

but it was also easy to see how difficult that would be

musk saw the need, but is/was totally clueless on the difficulty

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

The Cyber Truck will go down as one of the all time worst decisions in automotive history. Never understood it from any actual business perspective. I don't get why institutional investors aren't pressuring the board to remove that dip****. 

• Thumb up 2

Some Tesla factory workers realized they were laid off when security scanned their badges and sent them back on shuttles, sources say

Tesla laid off over 10% of its workforce on Sunday night.

Some factory employees only realized they were laid off when their badges didn't work, sources told BI.

At the Nevada factory, the process of weeding out laid-off staff in line to enter caused around a 2-hour backup, one source said.

Tesla told staff it was laying off more than 10% of its workforce on Sunday night, but some workers didn't realize they were laid off until they showed up at the company's facilities, five current or former workers told Business Insider.

The cuts impacted engineers and production associates alike. At Tesla's factory in Sparks, Nevada, workers faced about a two-hour line Monday morning in order to get into the facility as a result of badge checks, one worker said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tesla-factory-workers-realized-were-184928702.html

16 hours ago, Hersh said:

The Cyber Truck will go down as one of the all time worst decisions in automotive history. Never understood it from any actual business perspective. I don't get why institutional investors aren't pressuring the board to remove that dip****. 

I don't know, they might think of Elon as a Trump like figure, where he IS the company. I'm shocked the government still deals with this fool, don't be shocked to see him out at SpaceX as well.

We will see how Tesla share holders feel, they getting ready to vote on his compensation again.

I’m ready for Tesla and SpaceX to move on from Musk though that won’t ever happen unless he decides to do it. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

We will see how Tesla share holders feel, they getting ready to vote on his compensation again.

I’m ready for Tesla and SpaceX to move on from Musk though that won’t ever happen unless he decides to do it. 

I feel you, same time I'm curious how Steve Jobs and others felt leading up to his ouster from Apple.

My understanding is it was as unfathomable as it was inevitable, if for any reason they brought him back and now **** is getting real for Apple now that folks are gettin bored with iPhone. (Imo Spple has lost its way since hr did and iPhone won't hide that much longer)

I don't believe either company needs him to maintain distinction and relevancy amongst their competitors the way Apple did...Tesla is getting a "reputation" for their type of drivers, (debateable), but it's nothing like the cult vs cult atmosphere that Jobs created in Apple that lead them to getting rid of him.

For me it's really what he's doing with Twitter that's hurting him and his own brand more, Cybertruck looks to have backfiree, but not sure what else I've heard wrong with other Tesla vehicles besides their autopilot feature being suspect.

Satellite Internet is not a market he'll able to corner for long, I wish NASA would jus replicate SpaceX reusable rocket technology, leaning on private sector for getting the government into space helped but they don't have the same skin in the game it feels (why private sector space flight seems to be fairing worse then NASA being terrified theg fail they lose funding).

Edited by Renegade7

Cyber truck is no different than any of the other cars they’ve produced at launch. The same problems they are having with the cyber truck are different but the same as they had with the model 3 and model y and launch.

They are a small manufacturer and they never built a truck before so the people who bought the very first cyber truck are essentially beta testers, and any fan of Tesla knows this. It isn’t like ford updating the 2023 F150 to the 2024 F150. They are building something that’s never ever been built before and it’s not a derivative. So for me they get a pass on that. A lot of the drama has been sensationalized due to Musks poor behavior.

As far as the last paragraph a disagree with just about everything you said. Other companies are desperately trying to replicate space x efficiency but they can’t. And that affects the ability to put usefully internet into space. Since you have to be able to launch a lot of satellites and the start up costs are huge. Space X can do it for cheaper and safer than Boeing or NASA. 

As far as whether or not he can be removed, I think that it is impossible unless he continues to dilute his holding. And, he is already trying to increase his holding by asking Tesla to issue more shares and give a majority of them to him in exchange for his work with AI. There re institutional investors in Tesla, but there are also a lot of share holders who idolize him and aren’t worried about the price of TSLA stock. In the early 2000s when Tim Cook got canned there were no meme stocks, not much in the way of retail trading ect. It was easier to oust him because the people who owned shares cared about $$$ over the person. With Tesla I think enough people idolize and him owns enough of it to make it a much more difficult task.

Posted (edited)

@CousinsCowgirl84

It's not like Starlink is first or only Satellite internet provider in the world.

Some are even using SpaceX to launch their satellites, but the biggest mistake any company can make is they have the market cornered because they've leaped ahead of folks.

Sears was like Amazon before Amazon.  SpaceX and Starlink aren't anymore safe then Tesla jus because of their current position in the markets they're in.  If anyone can handle the startup costs and pulling off replicating what SpaceX is doing, it's NASA.  I wouldn't bet against them figuring out reusable rockets if they wanted to.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

@CousinsCowgirl84

It's not like Starlink is first or only Satellite internet provider in the world.

Just the best.

Some are even using SpaceX to launch their satellites, but the biggest mistake any company can make is they have the market cornered because they've leaped ahead of folks

🤡

Sears was like Amazon before Amazon.  SpaceX and Starlink aren't anymore safe then Tesla jus because of their current position in the markets they're in. 

yea, but space x is sears in 1900, not 2000. SpaceX is much safer than Tesla.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Haha 2