Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

11 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Yes. Liberals are already all in on EVs. Gotta get the other half on board, said this from the beginning. The irony of exclaiming Twitter an unusable hellscape while using Twitter doesn’t escape her, I hope.

im not sure if the financial sense of spending 44 billion on a company worth less than half of that.

my favorite explanation is that there was no plan and this is a result of him running his mouth too much. That’s the explanation I believe.

I think maybe that the concept of the New York Tines Pitchbot account has escaped you.

Also…you didn’t adopt EVs because of your politics.  You adopted EVs because of your desire to showcase your economic status, and there’s nothing wrong with that.  But call it what it is.

Edited by TradeTheBeal!

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I think maybe that the concept of the New York Tines Pitchbot account has escaped you.

I didn’t notice the author of the tweet. Sounds just like a lot of the bull**** people posting trying to rag on Tesla nowadays. 

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Also…you didn’t adopt EVs because of your politics.  You adopted EVs because of your desire to showcase your economic status, and there’s nothing wrong with that.  But call it what it is.

The early adopters were certainly motivated by politics.  Not so much anymore.  People against evs are motivated by politics though. The conservative kind of politics. Now Musk has an audience with them. 🤷‍♀️

Convenience of EVs is the most underated and undersold part of the ev experience, because people incorrectly focus on range. I digress.

I was not an early adopter, but that has mostly to do with not having enough money to buy one earlier.

I adopted EVs because I thought Teslas and its technology were interesting. The same reason I got solar panels. The technology is cool and it makes economic sense to invest in.  If I was broke ass, no I couldn’t afford to do those things. It doesn’t mean I wouldn’t want to. It’s really not about showcasing my economic status. I didn’t get the performance version after all, though of course I wish I did 😎

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

3 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

im not sure if the financial sense of spending 44 billion on a company worth less than half of that.

my favorite explanation is that there was no plan and this is a result of him running his mouth too much. That’s the explanation I believe.

We agree on this. I think Elon didn't imagine he'd have to cash the check that his mouth was writing. He did an idiotic, impulsive thing, and then because he didn't think it though, got caught in a legally binding contract that he couldn't get out of.

Most peoples' impulse buys involve things they don't need on Amazon. Elon's involved a $44 billion bill of sale.  :ols:

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Probably us govnt directed though. The use government gets what it wants out of Boeing,  northrup, and Spacex

SpaceX has been in talks with the Pentagon to fund Starlink for some time. A few months back they pulled the plug on Starlink in territories under Russian occupation, only to back down a few days later after public and government pressure. But SpaceX still continued to ask for money from the Pentagon, and a few days ago those talks apparently ended with out more cash.

Hence the sudden "we're shocked to find Ukraine has been using our system for military purposes, this must stop" BS they are coming out with. It's all a play for money.

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

I think I've finally cracked the code for what's going on with Elon. He was secretly mind swapped with the love child of King Joffrey and Donald Trump..

Seriously, at this point this guy sound like a caricature of the worst boss you can imagine. There are so many lunacy alarm bells in this article that I'm amazed Twitter still has any employees left at all. They're run by a madman.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Seriously, at this point this guy sound like a caricature of the worst boss you can imagine. There are so many lunacy alarm bells in this article that I'm amazed Twitter still has any employees left at all. They're run by a madman.

Not a great time for those types of tech workers to get new jobs, and some can’t stay in the country if they don’t have a job. 

and as I said weeks into this whole saga - the most talented with the best options were probably the first to leave. 

the ones still there are likely stuck, so attached to the product as their life’s work blinds them, or members of the musk cult with an excuse for why none of it is his fault and anxiously waiting for their moment to a scream I told you so. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tshile said:

Not a great time for those types of tech workers to get new jobs, and some can’t stay in the country if they don’t have a job. 

and as I said weeks into this whole saga - the most talented with the best options were probably the first to leave. 

the ones still there are likely stuck, so attached to the product as their life’s work blinds them, or members of the musk cult with an excuse for why none of it is his fault and anxiously waiting for their moment to a scream I told you so. 

Yeah, fair point about the tech job market.

I also remember reading that there are some H-1B employees who would lose their immigration status if they left the job or got fired. That's an extra ****ty situation.

• Like 1

Neuralink Under Investigation for Alleged Mishandling of Monkey Brain Implants

Elon Musk's brain implant company Neuralink is under investigation by the US Department of Transportation over potentially illegal transport of hazardous pathogens.

The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM), an animal welfare group, this week raised concerns with the government, claiming Neuralink may have "unsafely packaged and transported materials...carrying infectious pathogens"—specifically, implants removed from monkey test subjects' brains.

In a letter(Opens in a new window) to Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg and USDOT's Pipeline and Hazardous Material Safety Administration, PCRM said Neuralink's cavalier approach to handling medical supplies poses "a serious and ongoing public health risk."

Implants removed from monkeys, for example, may have been contaminated with antibiotic-resistant Staphylococcus, Herpes B virus, and other pathogens that can cause pneumonia, bloodstream or wound infections, and meningitis, among other unpleasant results.

"We take these allegations very seriously," a USDOT spokesperson wrote in an email to The Verge(Opens in a new window). "We are conducting an investigation to ensure that Neuralink is in full compliance with federal regulations and keeping their workers and the public safe from potentially dangerous pathogens."

Click on the link for the full article

40 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Easy problem to solve. The US government (fcc) can rescind the license to operate starlink. Well, unless the government is complicit in this decision as an attempt to prevent Ukraine from targeting locations inside of Russia mainland.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

48 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Easy problem to solve. The US government (fcc) can rescind the license to operate starlink. Well, unless the government is complicit in this decision as an attempt to prevent Ukraine from targeting locations inside of Russia mainland.

But was it inside Russian mainland that Elon had a problem with? Or, was it targeting Russian positions inside Ukraine? 🤔 

Fwiw I doubt the sociopath cares. He saw an opportunity to take more US/EU dollars and ran with it.

Edited by The Evil Genius

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

But was it inside Russian mainland that Elon had a problem with? Or, was it targeting Russian positions inside Ukraine? 🤔 

Fwiw I doubt the sociopath cares. He saw an opportunity to take more US/EU dollars and ran with it.

I don’t know what his concern was (or if it was even his decision) But the US certainly can compel SpaceX to do whatever they want SpaceX to do. Obviously they are OK with SpaceX decision.

8 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I have a hard time believing Musk knkws that much about football, certainly not enough to care who wins/looses.

He was there for the half time show. (and that woman on the right of the picture making blowjob faces). 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I have a hard time believing Musk knkws that much about football, certainly not enough to care who wins/looses.

I have a hard time believing Musk didn't scream that the refs were idiots, that he knows much more about football than they do, buying the NFL, firing the refs, officiating the rest of the game himself while throwing flags for things like "defense #52, not paying enough attention to me, 31 yard penalty, 5th down and he's fired", then blowing up and firing all other NFL execs after finding out that everyone turned off the game after he took over and all the sponsors quit.

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I have a hard time believing Musk didn't scream that the refs were idiots, that he knows much more about football than they do, buying the NFL, firing the refs, officiating the rest of the game himself while throwing flags for things like "defense #52, not paying enough attention to me, 31 yard penalty, 5th down and he's fired", then blowing up and firing all other NFL execs after finding out that everyone turned off the game after he took over and all the sponsors quit.

Your joke telling needs a little work 😬