Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

1 hour ago, Jabbyrwock said:

It'll take him about 2 minutes to recast this episode as "this criticism of me actually validates everything I'm doing"...probably by recasting the "boo-ers" as "misinformed sheeple" that need more access to "alternate information" as presented on his platform.

I would like someone to explain to me the lines between "civility" and "treat people the way you want to be treated" and "woke mind virus".  

So now all of a sudden we are politicizing "civility" and "decency"?  I mean it seems like folks felt like they didn't have any issues politicizing a society killing virus.. so why not Mr. Rogers.

3 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

*and just an aside: I do remember a small contingent of Commanders fans who wanted Musk to buy the team awhile ago lol...thank the football Gods that didn't occur.

I would counter that a burgundy and gold musk rat with a flamethrower would be an excellent mascot

elonmuskratClose_grande.jpg.5a5571a210ed5e19f024e1f81e2531ab.jpg

But yea...we'd be swapping one toxic, narcissistic owner with a basically identical model.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't know how many of you are on Twitter but here's my take on the Musk backlash there:

SO many users complain endlessly about him but don't leave the platform. Some of them claim they are "fighting the power" by staying but the only effective way they can hurt him is to leave. Twitter would be absolutely crippled by a true exodus. IMO it only exposes the amount of people who are addicted to tweeting. 

I stay on Twitter because I like it and I don't get offended by the nonsense he posts but these people who claim everyday, all day to be offended simply don't just leave. Boggles my mind.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

20 minutes ago, Chachie said:

I don't know how many of you are on Twitter but here's my take on the Musk backlash there:

SO many users complain endlessly about him but don't leave the platform. Some of them claim they are "fighting the power" by staying but the only effective way they can hurt him is to leave. Twitter would be absolutely crippled by a true exodus. IMO it only exposes the amount of people who are addicted to tweeting. 

I stay on Twitter because I like it and I don't get offended by the nonsense he posts but these people who claim everyday, all day to be offended simply don't just leave. Boggles my mind.

Probably because they are like 

DmZ5_5uX0AAXsC0?format=jpg&name=small

But yeah the people posting on Twitter are the real weirdos

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Chachie said:

It's possible to both dislike the current iteration of Twitter, and also recognize there's not a good alternative. Many, many people rely on Twitter for their jobs, or to make money, and they aren't going anywhere. These aren't mutually exclusive ideas. 

1 hour ago, Chachie said:

Almost like Redskin fans who hate Snyder but won’t abandon the team 😂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chachie said:

- The overwhelming majority of people who say they are against Elon's offensive ramblings are not saying they're gonna leave.

- There are actually a lot of people checking out different platforms--I've been one of them due to hearing about several while on Twitter.

- As of now, it's still a rather good source for getting news (especially sports news), which means that more than Elon's idiotic tweets is needed to see any mass exodus.

- Calling out Elon's ego-stroking moves seems better than pretending they don't exist...I enjoy seeing the very real criticisms to his asinine comments.

- Seeing advertisers, employees, and extremely popular public figures do their own version of a "mass exodus" probably placates people to a certain extent.

- Seeing Elon's minions having their poorly thought-out arguments decimated by user after user is almost relaxing lol...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Calling out Elon's ego-stroking moves seems better than pretending they don't exist...I enjoy seeing the very real criticisms to his asinine comments.

Just a guess - but I’m guessing he’s driving clicks and he’s doing it, in part, to drive traffic etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Just a guess - but I’m guessing he’s driving clicks and he’s doing it, in part, to drive traffic etc. 

I've had similar thoughts but there are ways to drive clicks and engagement without going as far as he has. Seems like all he's really doing is losing advertising dollars at this point. 

• Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Chachie said:

I’m not offended by it I just think it is dumb. I don’t know why he is doing it. Even if he believes it, it’s bad for business to say it out loud. And woke mind virus??? I don’t get it.

It might drive clicks, but clicks without advertisers are just costs.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I've had similar thoughts but there are ways to drive clicks and engagement without going as far as he has. Seems like all he's really doing is losing advertising dollars at this point. 

I’m just guessing here. But a couple things

- anything Elon does has to be considered through the lease of “well Elon thinks this is a good idea” and the fact that it may very well be a very bad idea doesn’t really mattee

- I’ve been thinking for a while that all this may cause him to pursue… lesser advertisers. Which may or may not have its own affect on twitter, but in the short term may mean existing/past advertisers wants don’t matter to him

- I could absolutely see Elon getting multiple updates a day on the statistics on his tweets, and deciding his own tweets are driving enough clicks to be worth him focusing on/expanding/being more outlandish/etc

how far Twitter falls, whether it rebounds and if it does how much, and how it rebounds, etc are all things we can’t predict.  Twitter was a company struggling to make money before him. By all accounts things are worse. But, who knows. I’m sort of over the hourly musk tweet updates and just want to see what the end state is. 

Edited by tshile

I just have to add, since I see it on Twitter, the movement to kill Tesla and get the government to stop using SpaceX is a terrible idea. I get that he's a piece of ****, but Tesla and SapceX are great companies for a lot of reasons. A lot of these people have probably had zero issues scooping up the latest tech or clothing over the years no matter where it came from or who that money benefited. Yes, the Boards of those companies should completely remove Elon from any role, but don't tank these companies cause of that ****ing guy. 

• Like 1