Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

CNN Tells Elon Musk to ‘Be Better’ After He Tweets Glaringly Fake Headline

CNN has two words for Elon Musk after the Twitter CEO ignored his site’s own fact-checker and tweeted out a photo with a fake headline from the news outlet: “Be better.” On Monday, the billionaire shared an image with a headline and screenshot of CNN anchor Don Lemon that read “CNN: Elon Musk could threaten free speech on Twitter by literally allowing people to speak freely.” Below the post, Twitter’s own fact-checker offered a disclaimer to the fake news. “The screencap in this image is not real and originated from a satirical website,” the site’s warning read. “CNN aired no such report about Musk ‘threatening free speech’ and the chyron has been digitally altered to add the text.” The cable news network had a curt response for the tech titan’s frivolous messaging. “This headline never appeared on CNN. Be better,” the outlet retweeted.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

The 30% thing is not new or

a secret. It’s in the agreement when you publish an app. You agree to it. There’s a lawsuit going on dating back to 2020 with the creators of fortnight and the department of Justice is considering joining against apple. Maybe. Npr did segments on it. 

It’ll be an interesting case and I think both sides make compelling arguments. 

but it’s not a secret. 

also I think people with iPhones probably prefer the strict censorship rules of the App Store. I know I enjoy that there’s at least a level of standard required to have access to their network of people/devices. Maybe I’m over estimating how many feel that way though 🤷‍♂️ 

Also if you take what he actually says and juxtapose it with his actions and the actual results, it seems musks view of a free internet is just one giant cesspool of trolling and chaos everywhere 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Twitter's character limit might jump from 280 to 1,000

Twitter's character limit might soon balloon to 1,000, up from the current limit of 280 characters.

Recently, a Twitter user suggested that the social media platform increases the character limit to 1,000, and Twitter owner and CEO Elon Musk responded "it's on the todo list."

In its early days, Twitter was often referred to as a microblogging service, primarily because of its 140 character limit for individual tweets. This was increased to 280 characters in 2017, and the limit, which is one of the key differentiators between Twitter and other social media services such as Facebook, remained in place ever since.

Since taking over at Twitter in October, Musk indicated, on several occasions, that he intends to increase the character limit. Just yesterday, he responded "good idea" to a Twitter user's suggestion to increase the character limit to 420 (a number that has importance for cannabis culture and is often referenced by Musk, most famously when he said he's "taking Tesla private" at the price of $420 per share).

Click on the link for the full article

Twitter has gotten worse over the last couple weeks. My feed is littered with dumb ****ery from right wing people that I've never followed nor liked nor would I ever want to hear anything from them. Plus, Musk was even more insufferable today than normal. I don't know if I'll stay on that hellscape much longer. 

29 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Twitter has gotten worse over the last couple weeks. My feed is littered with dumb ****ery from right wing people that I've never followed nor liked nor would I ever want to hear anything from them. Plus, Musk was even more insufferable today than normal. I don't know if I'll stay on that hellscape much longer. 

image.gif.d802b7bde1d6ac446d800d50a22a739a.gif

Just do it already. I don’t even use Twitter. But, you don’t have to announce you are leaving, you just do it.

If you are going to increase character limit to 1000 why not scrap it all together.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

image.gif.d802b7bde1d6ac446d800d50a22a739a.gif

Just do it already. I don’t even use Twitter. But, you don’t have to announce you are leaving, you just do it.

If you are going to increase character limit to 1000 why not scrap it all together.

As a public official, it’s a way for people to communicate with me. That’s the only reason I’m on social media still. I’ve generally liked Twitter to follow non-political stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1