Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Commanders Schedule Info, Leaks, Mocks

kleese

52 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Urban is gone which is a major improvement for the Jags

True but the idiot who hired Urban is still there, running the show. No surprise btw that Snyder was also flirting with him. Luckily for us, Urban turned him down, most likely because he knew Haskins was a bust.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

True but the idiot who hired Urban is still there, running the show. No surprise btw that Snyder was also flirting with him. Luckily for us, Urban turned him down, most likely because he knew Haskins was a bust.

I still remember the rumors that after 2019 we were gonna have a major shake up with Alex Smith taking over as GM and Urban Meyer becoming the HC. How much of a disaster would that have been "lolol"

• Haha 4

At some point number of regular season wins has to be the standard. 9-8 is basically .500, even if you make the watered down playoffs. To me, you need 10 wins to be considered to have a "good" regular season.

That said, Vegas still has our over-under as 7.5, so I'm not sure where all the confidence is coming from. I know one of these seasons the team will greatly exceed expectations, but these past 30 years have really beaten me down.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I've got us at 9 wins. Feels like a good spot. Take advantage of what almost has to be an easier schedule than the hardest roadmap in the NFL we took last year.

That makes us a fringe playoff team too. Depending on how the rest of the NFC performs, you can make it in w/ that record.

9 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

That said, Vegas still has our over-under as 7.5, so I'm not sure where all the confidence is coming from.

NFL.com aint much rosier.

Wins
Washington Commanders
  • Win Total: over 7.5 (+105)
  • Make Playoffs: +210
  • Win Division: +500
  • Win Conference: +3500
  • Win Super Bowl: +7000

The Commanders enjoy one of the most favorable schedules by every metric. Their uncertainty lies in if/when Carson Wentz is able to execute at a level where their offense complements their defense. Washington and Minnesota square off in Week 9, in what could very well be a game with eventual playoff consequences.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-win-total-projections-nfc-bucs-rams-packers-lead-conference

On 5/13/2022 at 2:54 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

9-8 would mean a winning season and could get you a playoff spot in the weak nfc.

9 and 8 might get you in. 10 wins would be showing some real progress. Playoffs or not 10 wins is pretty good record in nfl.

Edited by Redskins 2021

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@goskins10 what exactly is rogers getting revenge on against us…..? He beat us last season. How is that a “revenge” game? 

We beat him pretty bad in that MNF game and the game after that. And we play them tough - They only scored 20 and 24 pts the last 2 seasons. Just having some fun with it. 

One thing I predict is that Rivera will have a short fuse this year when it comes to the QB. Remember, he's an old guy in his third year on the job and needs to make progress this year or he's gone...and may never get another head coaching job. No time to 'develop' young talent for the future. If Wentz struggles we will see a lot more of Heineke than we think.

Rivera may desperately start rotating QB s every week...or every series like the Colts did once when the owner called down to the sideline and told them to.

I also predict If the team struggles out of the gate again that he will get snippier with the press and will walk out of a few post game pressers.

• Thumb down 1

56 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

One thing I predict is that Rivera will have a short fuse this year when it comes to the QB. Remember, he's an old guy in his third year on the job and needs to make progress this year or he's gone...and may never get another head coaching job. No time to 'develop' young talent for the future. If Wentz struggles we will see a lot more of Heineke than we think.

Rivera may desperately start rotating QB s every week...or every series like the Colts did once when the owner called down to the sideline and told them to.

I also predict If the team struggles out of the gate again that he will get snippier with the press and will walk out of a few post game pressers.

Wentz is going to have mess up big time and early in order to get benched.  Heineke was already in the organization and could have been re-upped for pennies by NFL standards, yet they chose to go out and trade for a veteran QB, that right there is enough to show they don't want him starting games.  If Wentz washes out in DC, the next hope falls to Howell. 

On 5/13/2022 at 11:37 AM, Warhead36 said:

When you do it literally every year it cheapens it

I have no problem celebrating one of my favorite Redskins every year. It's like when you lose a family member. The family doesn't just forget and move on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Wentz is going to have mess up big time and early in order to get benched.  Heineke was already in the organization and could have been re-upped for pennies by NFL standards, yet they chose to go out and trade for a veteran QB, that right there is enough to show they don't want him starting games.  If Wentz washes out in DC, the next hope falls to Howell. 

Unless Wentz is hurt the McNugget man is not suiting up.

5 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Only Amazon Prime I’m pretty sure 

I think they are on some form of TV in the local markets.  

I could be wrong, but I think I read that somewhere. 

13 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Unless Wentz is hurt the McNugget man is not suiting up.

We have to come up with a different nickname for him.  I used McNugget for McNabb.  It's taken. Like the retired numbers.

Has anyone gone to Dallas in recent years? Last time I went was the final year of Texas Stadium and we had a huge ES tailgate with Chief Z. 

I booked my flights and hotel for October but typically this is not the best time of year to buy game tickets as they tend to drop in August when more season ticket holders list. I was curious if anyone has sat in the lower level club seats behind the visiting bench and around how much they cost you. Right now the cheapest ones are $650 each with like a $175 dollar fee on top.  I am curious how much cheaper they might get. 

14 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Has anyone gone to Dallas in recent years? Last time I went was the final year of Texas Stadium and we had a huge ES tailgate with Chief Z. 

I booked my flights and hotel for October but typically this is not the best time of year to buy game tickets as they tend to drop in August when more season ticket holders list. I was curious if anyone has sat in the lower level club seats behind the visiting bench and around how much they cost you. Right now the cheapest ones are $650 each with like a $175 dollar fee on top.  I am curious how much cheaper they might get. 

I was there for the last game of the 2015 season, so not that recent.  Stayed at Fort Worth.  I did sit lower level near the bench.  I waited until near the date and ended getting them cheapish at the time because the Cowboys were out of contention by that point.  But that obviously won't work here.

The seats though were great.  Wide.   The road team (us) came out from there -- sort of from the middle section versus how it is at Fedex and many other stadiums where they come out from around the end zone.  Great food but expensive as heck. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1