Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Commanders Schedule Info, Leaks, Mocks

kleese

On 5/13/2022 at 10:58 PM, clskinsfan said:

You are never going to see an easier schedule in the NFL than the one we have. We should be expected to win 10 or 11 games with that schedule. And I dont remember the last time this team was ever expected to win that many games. 

Not really true, though the narrative is that WSH has the easiest schedule.

In both models they don't even have the easiest schedule in the NFC East.

If you consider bookmakers and how they handicap games WSH is 6th.

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/2022-nfl-strength-of-schedule/

If you disregard the bookmakers DAL has the more traditional easiest schedule in the NFL (WTF!!)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2022-nfl-strength-of-schedule-for-all-32-teams-cowboys-have-it-easiest-rams-facing-toughest-slate/

Another example of DAL bias in the NFL.

24. N.Y. Giants (4-13, out of the playoffs)

With a manageable schedule, and a QB-friendly head coach in Brian Daboll, and a receiving corps that at least starts camp with a chance to be impactful, and the first time in years the Giants can look at an offensive line with two high-achieving tackles (Andrew Thomas, Evan Neal), Daniel Jones actually has a chance to be the quarterback he was drafted to be in 2019. Daboll and Joe Schoen aren’t lying when they say they think Jones has a chance to be the guy for the future. While odds are against it, Jones is set up to have the best chance he’s had to be a middle-of-the-pack quarterback. If he’s that, the Giants could win seven. Amazing, isn’t it, that this franchise who snuffed out New England’s Super Bowl twice in the last 15 years hasn’t won a playoff game in a decade—and a seven-win season would get the locals fired up. 

26. Washington (7-10, out of the playoffs)

Mike Florio said this first, and I loved it: Carson Wentz is in the perfect spot for the 2022 Carson Wentz. He has no godfather in Washington. To review: Wentz entered the NFL under the fatherly wing of Doug Pederson, then went rogue against Pederson, then landed under the fatherly wing of Frank Reich, then underachieved and got fired after one season in Indy, then got traded to Washington. He’s with strangers. He’s got to prove himself to new people, and he has a decent crew of receivers (Terry McLaurin, Jahan Dotson, Curtis Samuel) to help prove himself. That’ll be a fun subplot for another building season in D.C.

Can someone explain the logic to me? Tell me how the Giants weapons are better than ours? We're better at just about every position.

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Can someone explain the logic to me? Tell me how the Giants weapons are better than ours? We're better at just about every position.

Pretty wild to call Even Neal a high achieving tackle when he hasn’t played a snap.  Especially when it’s next to Thomas who struggled mightily in his rookie year.

• Like 1

Scrolling back to the power rankings from a year ago: Us, the Seahawks, and Browns were all top-10ish teams. The Titans were 17-20, the Eagles and Bengals were 25-29. They don't mean **** right now. I much prefer the pre-season hate to the praise.

Not commanders related, but saw on twitter that the rams will be the first team to play 10 games in their home stadium since the 1929 Frankford Yellow Jackets.

I was struggling to think of how that’s possible or if it meant in a season, or over consecutive seasons. Then i figured it out…the rams play the chargers AWAY, but in the same stadium (on top of the other 9 rams home games there).

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Vandelay_Industries said:

Looks like the NFL and NFLPA reached an agreement on an 11-game suspension for Deshaun Watson. His first game will be in week 13 against the Texans.

Bad news for the Commanders since we'll play them in week 16 if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, Vandelay_Industries said:

Looks like the NFL and NFLPA reached an agreement on an 11-game suspension for Deshaun Watson. His first game will be in week 13 against the Texans.

Bad news for the Commanders since we'll play them in week 16 if I remember correctly.

Honestly, how good is he going to be for the final 6 games?  That would be over 1.5 seasons since he last played.  I doubt Watson will be that great this year.  Those 6 games will be him getting back in the flow of things and shaking off the rust.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Honestly, how good is he going to be for the final 6 games?  That would be over 1.5 seasons since he last played.  I doubt Watson will be that great this year.  Those 6 games will be him getting back in the flow of things and shaking off the rust.

Hopefully Cleveland is not playing for a playoff spot.  He hasn't played in games in the last 1.5 years, but he'll be practicing all this season, getting work in practice, so he'll be less rusty truly coming back from an injury.  We'll be his 5th game, while I don't think we will see Watson at his best, he won't be really rusty by the time he plays us.  To me the key is how motivated Cleveland is for that game.  Are they out of the playoff picture and just cruising or are they fighting for a playoff spot?

13 minutes ago, philibusters said:

Hopefully Cleveland is not playing for a playoff spot.  He hasn't played in games in the last 1.5 years, but he'll be practicing all this season, getting work in practice, so he'll be less rusty truly coming back from an injury.  We'll be his 5th game, while I don't think we will see Watson at his best, he won't be really rusty by the time he plays us.  To me the key is how motivated Cleveland is for that game.  Are they out of the playoff picture and just cruising or are they fighting for a playoff spot?

“He’ll be practicing all this season”? Uh…..pretty sure a suspension means he can’t be at the facility at all until the day after their week 11 game. He won’t be able to practice with the team once preseason ends

he’ll be working out on his own and throwing on his own with friends or something but that’s all, until after their week 11 game 

16 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

“He’ll be practicing all this season”? Uh…..pretty sure a suspension means he can’t be at the facility at all until the day after their week 11 game. He won’t be able to practice with the team once preseason ends

he’ll be working out on his own and throwing on his own with friends or something but that’s all, until after their week 11 game 

Good point.  I googled it and it looks like once the preseason ends he won't be allowed to practice until two weeks before his suspension ends.

3 hours ago, philibusters said:

Brisset has to have the Browns 6-5 or better ; for the Browns to be in playoff consideration when Watson plays.

Considering how deep the afc is; it’s doubtful Browns are doing anything this year. Browns should be last in the division.  Cincy and Baltimore will battle it out for the division and Tomlin has never had a losing season.  Their division won’t be easy this year also.