Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Now that We Are the Commanders....What Will Be our Mascot?

DCdangerous

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I have it on good authority that the fan engagement mascot/fight song launch starts April 4th. 

Now, will the fans actually be heard on any of this? Who the **** knows (likely not), but just sharing what i know 

No, just like the fans weren’t consulted in the name.

Dan picked the name before he even changed the name.

Dan/Tanya has probably already picked the logo and new fight song. Hell, Tanya probably wrote it herself.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I hope they try and do something totally out of left field, like Philly did with Gritty, because it will fail in epic proportions.

You’re hoping they fail? Why? Wouldn’t it be better if they succeed….? Sorry but i just can’t follow that logic at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You’re hoping they fail? Why? Wouldn’t it be better if they succeed….? Sorry but i just can’t follow that logic at all. 

We never do. But if im correct, you argued in favor of the wrong SB dates, so I can see why you wouldn't find it funny.

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

We never do. But if im correct, you argued in favor of the wrong SB dates, so I can see why you wouldn't find it funny.

Yes, I’m aware the team never succeeds. Which makes things miserable. Why wish for more misery? Why not wish for success for the team? I just don’t get it. 

oh well. You do you i guess. 

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Probably some version of that Fox robot, Cleatus.

I can't imagine a new fight song that wouldn't suck. 

I remember Jason Wright saying on the day of the name reveal that they feel like they can fit commanders into the old fight song. If they can, I’m kinda interested in seeing how. It wouldn’t be completely new in that case 

20 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I remember Jason Wright saying on the day of the name reveal that they feel like they can fit commanders into the old fight song. If they can, I’m kinda interested in seeing how. It wouldn’t be completely new in that case 

I'm interested as well.

On an interesting, (or not 😉), Hail to the Redskins is not the original fight song.    I have some game programs from the 40's thru the 60's and here's the song from one of the programs from 1960.  

fight song.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I'm interested as well.

On an interesting, (or not 😉), Hail to the Redskins is not the original fight song.    I have some game programs from the 40's thru the 60's and here's the song from one of the programs from 1960.  

fight song.jpg

Some may not know it, but the lyrics to the Hail song originally said "fight for old Dixie" and not "fight for old DC." George Preston Marshall was from West Virginia and was a massive racist...he didn't integrate the team until 1962, fifteen years after everyone else did. Not coincidentally, the Skins were easily one of the worst teams in the NFL from 1946-62.

The Skins were the southern-most NFL team until the Cowboys pupated...and Marshall viciously fought against the new team in Dallas from even existing because he wanted all the 'Dixie' states to himself.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 2

I think if Washington brings in a new hastag #AlphaCommand, it will show more fluidity to the name Commanders. It can be military theme, but also space theme and also wolf theme. Three marketing fields that are there for the taking. And those who don't want one field can focus more on the other field.
I even made three logos for #AlphaCommand. All three show the W intact, and include the three DC flag stars.

AlphaCommand.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1