Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Now that We Are the Commanders....What Will Be our Mascot?

DCdangerous

Well, got a dog

https://wtop.com/washington-commanders/2022/09/commanders-to-introduce-new-team-dog-mando-at-season-opener/amp/

Commanders to introduce team dog at season opener originally appeared on NBC Sports Washington

The Commanders have a new MVP.

Washington announced Tuesday that eight-month-old English black Labrador retriever Mando has been named the franchise’s “Most Valuable Pup” for this season in partnership with K9s for Warriors, a charity organization that provides service dogs to disabled veterans”

more at link

Edited by stoshuaj

8 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

We got a dog

https://wtop.com/washington-commanders/2022/09/commanders-to-introduce-new-team-dog-mando-at-season-opener/amp/

Commanders to introduce team dog at season opener originally appeared on NBC Sports Washington

The Commanders have a new MVP.

Washington announced Tuesday that eight-month-old English black Labrador retriever Mando has been named the franchise’s “Most Valuable Pup” for this season in partnership with K9s for Warriors, a charity organization that provides service dogs to disabled veterans”

more at link

Yep. 

also, this isn’t to be confused with the mascot. It doesn’t mean the mascot will be a dog (for anyone that is thinking that’s what this means)

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yep. 

also, this isn’t to be confused with the mascot. It doesn’t mean the mascot will be a dog (for anyone that is thinking that’s what this means)

Posted this in the new start thread but if I don’t get a photo at some point this season I’ll be highly disappointed lol 

3A1E4B27-EF9E-4F3C-862B-71060EDE20D5.jpeg

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Lost in the hubbub of another awe inspiring defeat is the lil nugget that the mascot decision has been whittled down to a hog or a dog.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/commanders-announce-mascot-choices-down-172900019.html

Either one will bring the home crowd back in droves I’m sure.  Not that I really care but at this point but I’m thinking they need to lean dog.  They have the capacity to love and stand by you no matter what type of putrid filth you actually are.  Maybe they’ll be lucky enough to find one that eats **** out of the litter box since that’s the same thing they feed their fans week in and out.

Hogs? nah, this crap doesn’t deserve to be associated w the Hogs.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

Lost in the hubbub of another awe inspiring defeat is the lil nugget that the mascot decision has been whittled down to a hog or a dog.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/commanders-announce-mascot-choices-down-172900019.html

Either one will bring the home crowd back in droves I’m sure.  Not that I really care but at this point but I’m thinking they need to lean dog.  They have the capacity to love and stand by you no matter what type of putrid filth you actually are.  Maybe they’ll be lucky enough to find one that eats **** out of the litter box since that’s the same thing they feed their fans week in and out.

Hogs? nah, this crap doesn’t deserve to be associated w the Hogs.

For them to deny RedWolves and then use a dog that kinda looks like that would be the ultimate Snyder move.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Conn said:

Don’t even have the energy to be disgusted by this mascot stuff 

It just all feels so bad- the rebrand, the mascot, the performance on the field- that there just has to be something positive waiting on the other side.  Like just maybe there are legs to the Snyder story from over the weekend.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It just all feels so bad- the rebrand, the mascot, the performance on the field- that there just has to be something positive waiting on the other side.  Like just maybe there are legs to the Snyder story from over the weekend.

I know better than to hope, but man I want this to be true 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

It should just be a clown.  Or a dumpster.  

Why not both? A clown in a dumpster that's on fire seems about right. 

Maybe even have him wearing a hand me down Sir Purr costume. We can save money by taking Carolina's leftovers. It's in the organizational DNA from the rebrand, now.

Edited by SpacePenguin
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SpacePenguin said:

Why not both? A clown in a dumpster that's on fire seems about right. 

Maybe even have him wearing a hand me down Sir Purr costume. We can save money by taking Carolina's leftovers. It's in the organizational DNA from the rebrand, now.

I saw this in the comments section of the article...thought it was pretty funny.

"How about a possum? They play dead at home and get killed on the road".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

It should be a command prompt.

Always a chance with the right input, things will go like you want.....but with bad input.............just another prompt.

Certainly do identify with feeling like this team has been putting the wrong commands in for years but always hoping the right command......

>
>
>
>
>

Really don't care at this point. I won't be buying any merch featuring the new mascot, and I won't be seeing him at games because I won't be going to any. I might have felt differently if they had gone with Red Wolves, especially if I could have bought my sons a couple of cute wolf plushies. Thanks for nothing, Comrades. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dav87sc said:

It should be a command prompt.

Always a chance with the right input, things will go like you want.....but with bad input.............just another prompt.

Certainly do identify with feeling like this team has been putting the wrong commands in for years but always hoping the right command......

>
>
>
>
>

And naturally the team owned by Little Danny Snyder that he named the Commanders has no idea how to use a command prompt.