Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wentz Traded to Washington for 2 3rd Rounders per Bleacher Report

Reaper Skins

22 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I gotta push back on the selling season tickets thing. Renewals yes probably. And some of that has to do with them changing the decision date on renewals by a couple months a know quite a few people were pissed about that. New sales they seem to be doing actually pretty well and I think they’d do even better if they actually advertised some of the new stuff that comes with buying season tickets instead of waiting until you’re in front of a sales person to hear about it. But I do think renewals aren’t doing too great. Like I said people are upset about the new renewal dates and some in the lower level have been upset about the new benefits for club level. My godbrother for example has 8 tickets in lower level endzone row 2 has had tickets for 10 years and was pissed that me and my brother were getting free parking and food on the club level considering we are first year ticket holders. He seriously considered not renewing and that was a part of it. 

I got no idea personally.  I don't work in their ticket office.  Describing your own personal circle obviously doesn't capture the full market.  So I gather you know someone who works in their ticket office or heard they are doing well via the grapevine?  

I do know Finlay and Sheehan have said ticket sales haven't been hot and their is some grumbiling about it.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

10 hours ago, wit33 said:

I tend to agree as more time passes since the move was made.

What message does it send Wentz who’ve you gave solid draft capital and are dedicating 13% of this years cap in a “win now” season. 

My guess is they decided to go all in on Wentz versus the Trubisky/Mariota paired with a rookie QB path. Wentz gets two years to earn his next big contract with Washington. 

In fairness to Keim, Breer (the media) they aren't saying they for sure will take a QB but its on the table.  Keim does't think it would be the first rounder though.  To be more specific plenty of noise that they like Ridder if he's there in the 2nd round.  But I doubt he will be there in the 2nd round at that pick, so I think it makes that moot.

So if its a Ridder if he's in the 2nd, i doubt it goes down since I doubt he's even available.  Personally, i am not a big Ridder guy (but I don't hate him).  I'd only take a QB in the 2nd if Corral somehow fell that far which I also don't think happens.  Otherwise IMO the draft is so rich with their needs (MLB, WR, OG) early.  And arguably its decent at some of their secondary type needs (CB, TE, RB) that I could see them skipping QB.  

As far as Wentz goes, they will have him in the building for a month and change before the draft so if that time goes well, I'd guess it would lessen the odds too of them taking a QB.

For me personally, I can argue the point either way.  I like the Wentz trade.  But not to the extent where I have zero concerns and I am overly confident that they landed in the castle and they can throw away the key now.    I get the idea of Breer saying the attitude is doubling down and keep swinging.   Keim makes the same point but more mildly.   

As for not doing it.  On that I am more driven on that point by the draft in theory looks so killer on some of their specific needs where they can get potentially frontline players at key spots.   As for it hurting Wentz's feelings by doing it.  I do agree with the reporter said on that front he'd tell Wentz to grow up if it did hurt his feelings.  I also think the context is very different on that front than Philly.   

Here as some have said, this feels like his last stand.  I don't think he can easily rebound if he fails here. In Philly he already had that weird backdrop with Foles and then the year they got rid of him they added Hurts.  And at least based on one reporter who covered Philly, Hurts strutted around that locker room as being the guy right from the jump.  And the Eagles gave Hurts first team reps right from the jump.   So it was a bit flaunted in his face, right after Foles to some extent was flaunted in his face. 

Digesting all the narratives about Wentz.  As I've mentioned many times, i think the reports that he's a bad dude or difficult is overdone and mostly not correct.  He seems like a good guy.  Sounds like he can be opinionated and stubborn behind the scenes with his coordinator but that doesn't sound that bad.  Sounds like the legit criticism is he's very senstive and hates criticism and doesn't deal with it well.  Hopefully he gets over that hump since that comes with the turf with that spot especially. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Digesting all the narratives about Wentz.  As I've mentioned many times, i think the reports that he's a bad dude or difficult is overdone and mostly not correct.  He seems like a good guy.  Sounds like he can be opinionated and stubborn behind the scenes with his coordinator but that doesn't sound that bad.  Sounds like the legit criticism is he's very senstive and hates criticism and doesn't deal with it well.  Hopefully he gets over that hump since that comes with the turf with that spot especially. 

The narratives are funny to me considering how guys like Rodgers, Murray, Mayfield, etc. also act/have acted.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

The narratives are funny to me considering how guys like Rodgers, Murray, Mayfield, etc. also act/have acted.

These stories disappeared fast: 

https://www.businessinsider.com/russell-wilson-divided-seahawks-2017-5

https://brobible.com/sports/article/seahawks-defensive-players-reportedly-hate-star-qb-russell-wilson/

Lets not forget PFF's 19th ranking on Wilson last year...

All very similar to the narrative about Wentz.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

I highly doubt we draft a QB in first 2 days of the draft. Ron goes out of his way in this welcome to tell Carson he’s now somewhere where he’s wanted. All of the social media team calling him QB1 and putting him the center of all the headings across the web and social media. They are sending him a message that it’s completely his team. 

Lol, love how Rivera asks, "You and the wife get the chance to talk about all this?" while Wentz is coming in the door. 

Wentz should've said: "No, actually, she has no idea yet. I figure she'll realize it when we trot out those craptastic uniforms in Week 1."

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

In fairness to Keim, Breer (the media) they aren't saying they for sure will take a QB but its on the table.  Keim does't think it would be the first rounder though.  To be more specific plenty of noise that they like Ridder if he's there in the 2nd round.  But I doubt he will be there in the 2nd round at that pick, so I think it makes that moot.

I haven't been in on this discussion in a while and Ridder was my top guy for a while, but then I became meh towards the whole process. I wouldn't hate it if we got him but I would almost certainly rather go for a low round or IDFA pickup at QB right now. 

1. We're trying to invest in Wentz and legit he has a better shot at being a franchise guy than Ridder. 

2. My normal point - these guys are rarely franchise guys but you can generally find serviceable backups in the low rounds and UDFAs. If RIdder's ceiling is a marginal starter or serviceable backup (I'm thinking abut the guy in Indy now who started when Lock retired), then how much better is he than a Kyle Allen or Taylor Heinicke or Minshew or a bunch of other backups? I don't want a Lock type guy who is good enough to replace a bad starter but not good enough to do it on his own. 

3. Back to the investing in Wentz - I don't want a QB controversy before there is one. We've already got that with TH, but its only with the loonies who want to say TH is better. But if we get a young 2nd round guy then there will be this  constant question f how bad does Carson have to be to give the young guy a shot? I liked last year because we stuck with TH and let him play through his funk and in that we saw his limitations and he's probably not the guy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I got no idea personally.  I don't work in their ticket office.  Describing your own personal circle obviously doesn't capture the full market.  So I gather you know someone who works in their ticket office or heard they are doing well via the grapevine?  

I do know Finlay and Sheehan have said ticket sales haven't been hot and their is some grumbiling about it.

Just from what ive been told they had 5000 new ticket sales which was 2nd in the league behind the Bengals. And I believe it just from what I saw with my own eyes at our select a seat event. There was probably 3-400 people in our time slot alone which was the only the second time slot for the entire weekend that ran all day saturday and sunday. BUT one think I definitely noticed was there was a lot of seats available to choose from. And I was just using my god brother as one example. I have seen multiple others on twitter saying they werent renewing or debating whether to renew or not. obviously thats small sample size just what ive seen with my own eyes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Just from what ive been told they had 5000 new ticket sales which was 2nd in the league behind the Bengals. And I believe it just from what I saw with my own eyes at our select a seat event. There was probably 3-400 people in our time slot alone which was the only the second time slot for the entire weekend that ran all day saturday and sunday. BUT one think I definitely noticed was there was a lot of seats available to choose from. And I was just using my god brother as one example. I have seen multiple others on twitter saying they werent renewing or debating whether to renew or not. obviously thats small sample size just what ive seen with my own eyes.

OK, I figured it was something specific.  So that's good to hear.  So maybe as you says it about renewals?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

OK, I figured it was something specific.  So that's good to hear.  So maybe as you says it about renewals?

If I had to guess yes. But Im mostly basing that on what Ive seen about people being upset about new renewal dates, upset about the new perks on club, and number of empty seats to choose from when we went. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Yeah basically they way I encoded it, his three issues are this (and who is perfect, everyone has issues)

A.  He's more of a PG kind of dude and plenty of players are still sort of frat house party types so Wentz blends better with the PG players.  I gather dudes like Hurts will hang at the night clubs and bond with some players in that matter and Wentz doesn't roll like that.

B.  He's very opinionated with his offensive coordinators.  Not nasty about it but can be stubborn if he disagrees

C.  He doesn't like criticism.  Granted who does?  But he's more sensitive to it than most.  This issue is what Ballard went out of his way to kick him on publicly.

But the bad guy stuff comes off like nonsense.  Seems like a super nice guy.  Plays with fire.  Is vocal on the field.   Even has some charisma

I was listening to Mitchell-Finlay this morning.  Mitchell as usual was negative saying Carson didn't take responsibility.  IMO that's ridiculous.   Wentz flat out said he sucked at the end of the season.  But the irony of it is Finlay had to cut off Mitchell in the middle of his rant to put Wentz on.  I've called talk radio before and you can hear all that happens before you go on so I bet Wentz heard it.  So Wentz at the end of the show jokes with Mitchell about playing golf with him and it felt like Mitchell softened some. 

My point is watching everything I can about him and reading/listening to people who know him talk about him -- the dude might be the most charasmatic QB we've had since RG3.  I am not saying his charisma is off the charts but it comes off above average to me.  Alex and Heinicke can be charasmatic but it more in an understated-dry humor kind of way.  Kirk was mostly straight, he can joke a little but he was mostly serious.  Carson can be from what I noticed a bit lively. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This could easlily be us.  While I like Heinicke over Darnold, it would have the same vibe if we were the Panthers right now. 

Plus, Carolina doesn't have a 2nd or 3rd rounder this year.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My point is watching everything I can about him and reading/listening to people who know him talk about him -- the dude might be the most charasmatic QB we've had since RG3.  I am not saying his charisma is off the charts but it comes off above average to me.  Alex and Heinicke can be charasmatic but it more in an understated-dry humor kind of way.  Kirk was mostly straight, he can joke a little but he was mostly serious.  Carson can be from what I noticed a bit lively. 

Yea, I heard that exchange/switch to Wentz - thought it was rude.  If I came away with one thing from his PC and visit on 106.7, it was that the guy seems naturally on the shy side.

21 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Yea, I heard that exchange/switch to Wentz - thought it was rude.  If I came away with one thing from his PC and visit on 106.7, it was that the guy seems naturally on the shy side.

that's cool. For me, i didn't have tha same impression from that interview that he was shy.  Came off pretty engaged I thought in conversation.

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

that's cool. For me, i didn't have tha same impression from that interview that he was shy.  Came off pretty engaged I thought in conversation.

Not disagreeing with you for sure because I think you can be shy and engaged albeit uncomfortable with it - looking down at times, messing with your wedding ring, a bit fidgety.  🙂

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So if its a Ridder if he's in the 2nd, i doubt it goes down since I doubt he's even available.  Personally, i am not a big Ridder guy (but I don't hate him).  I'd only take a QB in the 2nd if Corral somehow fell that far which I also don't think happens.  Otherwise IMO the draft is so rich with their needs (MLB, WR, OG) early.  And arguably its decent at some of their secondary type needs (CB, TE, RB) that I could see them skipping QB.  

I'm 100% here, only QB I take in the 2nd is if a miracle happened and Corral is there at 47. Otherwise I'm looking at Purdy or Zappe later. Would love impact players at 11 and 47, for now we should draft for development at that spot and give Wentz all we got. Its like the obviously wasted pick on Jordan love for the packers at this point, shoulda been for a playmaker. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I wouldn't say "new"

Haskins was a professional large human being as well.  I think Wentz is a tad bigger of the top of my head tho.

He should have no issue seeing over any oline, That's for sure.

Haskins was six foot three inches, two hundred and thirty, soft as the Stay Puff marshmallow man, pounds.

Wentz otoh is a legit six feet five inches, two hundred thirty five, solid as corded steel, pounds.

26 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Haskins was six foot three inches, two hundred and thirty, soft as the Stay Puff marshmallow man, pounds.

Wentz otoh is a legit six feet five inches, two hundred thirty five, solid as corded steel, pounds.

Sounds about right.

I think Alex Smith was around that height too, but I wouldn't say he had a big arm w/ this regime since they only had access to the one-legged version.

• Like 1